• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Agree with all, but I believe that the Population right now grow too much and out of realistic measures, in-game we already have many bonuses like deities, technology, inventions, nation heritages and more to grow the population.
Well it depends for how many people single POP stands, if for 1k people then it grows too slow and at the end this particular part of the world we have is in fact underpopulated. And that's on VH and Hard difficulty, no idea how bad it must be on normal.

Hey buddy ;) I am the one that coded that decision into the game and we the team had the same opinion as yours which is why we added the decision for the players to change the names or not. We decided to give the players the option to keep thraces name aswell, to try and keep the people who like the vanilla names satisfied. As for the Egypt name change being made from the start, we explained it in the Post ;) I hope that satisfies your Question/Suggestion. Feel free to join our Discord and you can make official Suggestions for us the developers.

Thank you very much for your answer and of course for your hard work! This is a good improvement vs vanilla that can increase the player's immersion ihmo.
My personal preference for naming would be Macedon, Lysimachid Kingdom/Empire, Antigonid Kingdom/Empire, Seleucid Kingdom/Empire & Ptolemaic Kingdom/Empire with the possibility of a reformed Macedon should one of the other Diadochi would control Macedon and Pella.
The reason is that historically the later Antigonids were usually referred to as Macedon while the Seleucids and Ptolemies were usually referred to with their dynastic Kingdom name. This is of course in modern history books though. Usually the short lived Lysimachid Kingdom is referred to as that (Kingdom of Lysimachous or something like that) while the Antipatrid as Antipatrid Macedon or Macedon.
So maybe a reformed Macedon decision could be implemented as a half step before creating the Hellinistic Empire.
I do understand that this a very secondary topic though and of course just a matter of taste. :)

This looks very interesting!

Looks great.

Just wanted to note a thing for art direction. If you're going to use statues, remember that the pale white marble we have left today is a far cry from the polychromy of antiquity. Some relevant resource:
Hope they're helpful. :) Incidentally, I believe this is behind the vibrancy of the Marius update's UI rework.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Great work. :)

Love the new background pics in particular. I have to agree with LL about flipping the colours for PK/Nabatea though, PK dersrves a better map color than grey. Hopefully it is going to be flipped.

The case for white Carthage is of course undeniable and a self-evident truth, please correct this affront to Dido, Tanit and Hannibal not to mention the IR player-base.

:)

• 4Like
Reactions:
Looks great.

Just wanted to note a thing for art direction. If you're going to use statues, remember that the pale white marble we have left today is a far cry from the polychromy of antiquity. Some relevant resource:
Hope they're helpful. :) Incidentally, I believe this is behind the vibrancy of the Marius update's UI rework.
Yes I am aware of this. However I noticed that all of the Hellenic statues featured in the art for the game tend to be of the more historically inaccurate pale white marble variety. I actually debated whether to make the Aphrodite Areia statue have color regardless, before ultimately deciding that it’s better for now to try to stay consistent to the current statue color used in the game of the game, even if it is inaccurate.

I may end up as a future project going back and adding color to all the Hellenic statues, be they the ones I do/did and from the base game, but it’s something which I consider at present to be a bit of a lower priority simply because of how much other art for the mod I need to work on.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
As an example of one of these special backgrounds, we will show you all the new background for any nation that has their capital in Alexandria (Credit for this art goes to Nerdman3000):
50sOFOIYFma9XM8lsCvFzzkzK-PNZYYb9os8yV-t4_1pr1F2LGJ6n9yka8jCHm4Eeux-iCeVFjyIN2qpxVO9UGakmkdUTvQh4o-bydjAY4e0hCNkp3mV1v3D5PQGxeb0zWQuJ-HN

rZsSCXcdGxfSrA4fjKvviYuWNOQC0OixV6QZFr_DTTZmdafUwLNnfubxy611eD1gIPNZzkb3_F4fmOlGmCkQeFl4bNJa4FAXuytW9YuQwS5tAps2sMRjZpHBFmgJwUhXl2ifvzOm
Will this background also apply to governors that have their capital in lower egypt?

Reactions:
Thank you very much for your answer and of course for your hard work! This is a good improvement vs vanilla that can increase the player's immersion ihmo.
My personal preference for naming would be Macedon, Lysimachid Kingdom/Empire, Antigonid Kingdom/Empire, Seleucid Kingdom/Empire & Ptolemaic Kingdom/Empire with the possibility of a reformed Macedon should one of the other Diadochi would control Macedon and Pella.
The reason is that historically the later Antigonids were usually referred to as Macedon while the Seleucids and Ptolemies were usually referred to with their dynastic Kingdom name. This is of course in modern history books though. Usually the short lived Lysimachid Kingdom is referred to as that (Kingdom of Lysimachous or something like that) while the Antipatrid as Antipatrid Macedon or Macedon.
So maybe a reformed Macedon decision could be implemented as a half step before creating the Hellinistic Empire.
I do understand that this a very secondary topic though and of course just a matter of taste. :)
We thought about your Idea in the beginning aswell, but we wanted that the dynastic names shoul have the same Style. Right now the Hellenic Flavour team is moving over to other Projects but we might revisit this suggestion of yours. I personally like it and might code it in the future, but it would be very intertwined with Forming Macedon.

Reactions:
DD2: Mundus Poenicus and Tweaks
Hi all,

Today we will be showing off some more mods we have integrated, some more heritages, new deities and an art teaser for next week's dev diary.
To begin, I will talk about some more mods we have been able to integrate which add small but useful tweaks:

The Grey Neutral Units mod will make it so that neutral units have a grey background. You can also see an example below, along with some of the beautiful wonder models in the background.
sDBaCQhhKUO0A6CcVGE-o8rokcRko6FsCwAYkwXYrsNia_y7AP12F9Vd6qCOR1eWWLII4m81t_ZxscOVOnMLxmky5uNGM65lxeq8vAkJAHL5ii8PbApRPFwodMikfpkXnOOhDt-n

Another integrated mod is the Clear Speed Indicator mod, which just makes the speed indicator a bit cleaner.
s9n2r8Ghp1AF4uVfyl-3kWmIIgMXipjRjW3j7Is10Q7-o0HikWzOT5ZmrASxSk3f6SBtz8c0NjhBgGqEDtf8xephytVyFAeJiHoCEP9-Q6_BoYd2fsXDDajyhHJJHHXyVY1bQMSR

Both mods were provided to us by the lovely Agamidae.

Now as many of you may have noticed, I am playing as Carthage in the preview above. This is not without reason, as we have also decided to integrate an adapted version of the Mundus Poenicus mod made by Howbouwnot.
Mundus Poenicus is a large flavour expansion mod for Carthage. Here are some examples of what we have integrated:
2oJWSnqwMvFhYPLrRtphTTtQZ3G6h4-OGJfFfHJe1vGCPEgRRs7DunCFgeUWHrS-ECy3krBeIN1_U4BJrI7NR6jHuuvrCgxZ1isB9isFJJrKy4-uaz0aAQ-JXkoT5wZWXiYM2kZQ

pasted image 0.png
sFY4La_LtwJpin0LDOtBW1KL4UrIo1CPnoAUswyKfG-_vGCDmtC3PTr0MdxQXjKd-_hj0149et0b1Ma_qJkjwnJ6EF2bA2Y4KEl_EkAMSmh9-FbhsoDStHNi2ZB6K_ddOukVKSE4
FbgzqeK_f0E9BiD8pEJ7DChoGvrgs5N5nM4Ns94BFpKQRUlt503EucDaUv9_ms30Hat3-ua2KiXOCp2k8rlwIMNcBjlkBmr6oR5F0mzU4WlMxtAX-5XVX5X2EicOD1XlK_4MFjBr

Now, there is more content from Mundus Poenicus but we can’t show off everything yet.

Next we have the Enhanced Cultural Decisions made by Dustin which will be adapted by us.
The mod changes how you get access to new military traditions, for example in order to access Greek traditions, you will have to do a cultural decision where you decide to adapt their ways of way in return for some malus’.
4Wbl_rXBehfSSLwSli1kPoNPp-rpaTC_w204PGDSPk4plJNM5MiiyZ-xJUxDpnxIklZtAgbwYlDggv6jK3k04MCnRDg0NG_q0baXT4oBBKdJJCVrF3GqKPYrHwbiSFuBUfsTIxPr

(Feedback would be appreciated on this as it is still in development.)
You now also cannot simply revoke the rights of a culture once you have their traditions as the entire traditions tree requires you to keep a certain amount of integrated pops at all times.
kPCyTZ4TpxflHB8yO795oo9oNL9ovnCyh03RLIU3xPecDt5DjNmT1P2o1YDxDwjPulTOwv-klbi9mMagtg8-QQokpF1tzQ6mnTPFCEPF2VaUiZl7fD-JQZpoq3ZHd7wk5jVsOFXy

And that is the last of the integrated mods we wanted to show off this week. Next we will talk about some stuff original to the mod that we are adding.
To start off, we have some more Western Mediterranean heritages to show off as we slowly add them all around the world:
friWgJWsII2XZlrfQGNUjYGkze6vfxFAAoaPejdQdBcRRKmVZpCN13VaN8pWB9KyCLGcx1_biqN6oBsQZSm84T9br_HebOmc8D-IByzYCGClwrcc3tOjlDOaTVYg_oCo9dAeFYSb
oGgYGWAg3gOWiRHuBVtANPPliEC6FcsTE8wJGrBv-kXOehsVyDs0uI7g6NqbDZLlr20d2klpj2fXltI7xQhcF-Y-ukxZn9MGMihcR49ATxklzwgMEuF_y8A-rP20T28dXqlgZ6pH

BUdXi7cIdwW2T1Z3OCHhmVWQulyJbHt0p_FnwIwhip_TDvOZuqWoQ2F3F6-rWghi7Biu1L6HATNyjwtG5lfYsdK79DwQwClwlFcW1IJoWmUv4E-oLTYHyUtDh4unUFyJ8uCGQsog
dy4D5MOrPbk3fkIiacmjESyvwvRHcQGCux-DUlmtp8PoXP-aJKqxrXBR6sWAv0UkQ35BWKbuHDFA39syExgLG7aDy0e6qXxW4bXFUIedKv4QzdtChokQGbtBJFDIDin8t_yC4mYs

unqsqN5ZDU4ZN5gA-kzOl31EBaQuioKtOcnwMuY70jhqCBUX6nadVOrlKszAvfa483L9WyimAm879IG1UcRFGQLhPLjUzUJG9Bte-8oIfVXVHfmBlojD_nzi7aPin5_d5goLJ4mJ
zD_R_5y7V4_nroS0tDBMPfM4pngPIZUTmWb3KLaN2Zl1NdbFtkWaZPd7CPFx-DMF95jSTP7rbV2zRku49-0Cjo2uNsRoX42rBU-TG9AfHeI9tMi_dyuQxiPZOuT6h9PfQyvKWlvQ

9jmJJxjPmM3o20Wre7JRyEgSvpieyp5aIvS0pq6lB-EvIDSchUWLb4x53IZ1uBN8rNbK8RhyuKO2Fa4QQUtQjxiScdNUKioPkbULDtHhgB6oQk5jvNMm0zrQg3JtGk0moL2-2O38
x5YhLEJOVy3fkTcJ1RRTmVZwkJeAzNOGjSuqssq8d1EE38opJK9FaCwf-dF259RHrORAVtOCpwGXm5W9ie1HSQpfDr3cgSqfveEdc9wYahyYD8y3dGo0knadtXi2jMilxQelkTQt

With that, let’s next move on to the subject of new deities.
As mentioned last time, several new deities were added to the Tuistic religion.
One such example of these new deities is Gautr, another name for Odin. From Roman sources we know that the Gouti in Scandia and the Guthones in Pomerania were named in honour of this deity; the cult might have originated in Scandinavia and spread to the continent during the Nordic Bronze Age.
As god of wisdom, he’ll grant you a passive military experience gain increase and, when activated, an increase to research points.
WuhInTgK7_txJlsTH2x9y6NxQThCC-NwVjMokUfDAEkjCc25Mykk8s3XT1QQCahry0TvNgkEFLF8sQphw9hYKnxOQgjfYrykahMsN1r2pbFSqBxYvn_G5M4dAnvQ2_8llI2VUfcp

Gautr will be just one among a number of new deities that will be available for the Tuistic religion. The religion as a whole will have new deity icons, though they have yet to be completed, hence why they are not featured in the teaser above.

Moving on, we have a bit of art that will be added to the mod. Made by Nerdman3000, it also serves as a teaser for next week’s DD.
4khC90tuDPhXAke7xrdu8ELwLGtsHIgIhtxXlx8XKJSqRcreZwCQT6aIUGJkZfMkX056_JQdgUo_2i6Cjp_CaNjfI0eGWSephKplXpjIYb76gnVm1xK3PkS-BOZFkb_xaieoBN3_

Finally, we have also listened to some feedback and yes, the Tamil heritage shown last week now has a malus. This was a minor slipup by us. All heritages should be of the format of two positives and one negative going forward (keep in mind all screenshots are WIP). We are also making sure that the Dynastic Names decision is compatible with Multiplayer.

Now we also welcome the new members to the Invictus team:
OmegaCorps and Dimitar

• 40Love
  • 38Like
Reactions:
OK it is difficult to come out of the closet on this one but here it goes....
Would you consider adding the gregorian calendar in your mode? Best to have both gregorian and Roman if possible or to be able to toggle between them.
I know we are playing in bc so who is this Christ etc but on the other hand what do I ever care when Rome was founded if I am playing as a Greek (should use Olympiads in the same spirit), Indian (Rome who? for most of the early game) or Carthage (would probably like to start counting from when that evil militaristic Latin state is burnt to the ground).
Joke aside I always kinda feel like I am playing in some abstract time with the current game calendar. I have to calculate what the game date responds to the Gregorian calendar and then for example make a comparison of what the situation was like irl in that year.

• 7Like
Reactions:
OK it is difficult to come out of the closet on this one but here it goes....
Would you consider adding the gregorian calendar in your mode? Best to have both gregorian and Roman if possible or to be able to toggle between them.
I know we are playing in bc so who is this Christ etc but on the other hand what do I ever care when Rome was founded if I am playing as a Greek (should use Olympiads in the same spirit), Indian (Rome who? for most of the early game) or Carthage (would probably like to start counting from when that evil militaristic Latin state is burnt to the ground).
Joke aside I always kinda feel like I am playing in some abstract time with the current game calendar. I have to calculate what the game date responds to the Gregorian calendar and then for example make a comparison of what the situation was like irl in that year.
If you hover over the date it shows you the gregorian one afaik. The only date that interests me is how far until 727 AUC (=27 BC). Thats the end of the game

• 2Like
Reactions:
If you hover over the date it shows you the gregorian one afaik. The only date that interests me is how far until 727 AUC (=27 BC). Thats the end of the game

Thanks, I have like 500 hours but I have not checked this!!! :)
I have to say though that playing anyone but the Romans and seeing the roman calendar breaks the immersion for me rather than create it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think the enhanced culture decisions mod is a brilliant idea. One thing I would change personally is the number of pops needed to allow for access to the new military traditions as I think it should be a tad bit higher (30 only sounds a bit OP). Maybe this could also be represented as a percentage of your population, for example: Your pops should be (some random percentage) Greek in order to study Greek ways of war.

Brilliant work so far guys, you're keeping the game alive!

• 7Like
Reactions: