• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Click in "My games" (top bar), select "Arsenal of democracy" in "Choose game:", enter the code that you can find in gamersgate/steam/wherever you bought the game in "Enter your code here:"

Any news on a STEAM update to 1.08 ?

I mean the workaround is nice etc. but shouldnt you be "selling" the fully patched game via all release channels (including steam ?)

Just installed it via steam and it shows 1.07 - found the workaround way here but still...its a workaround not ideally working.

Any informations ?

Any news on a STEAM update to 1.08 ?

I mean the workaround is nice etc. but shouldnt you be "selling" the fully patched game via all release channels (including steam ?)

Just installed it via steam and it shows 1.07 - found the workaround way here but still...its a workaround not ideally working.

Any informations ?

As far as I understand it, the decision on whether or not to maintain the Steam version is down to the publisher, Paradox, and they've said they won't, for whatever reason. I think there was a forum announcement about it somewhere?

I can't install this patch on my game. My copy is from Gamersgate and while I can install the 1.07 patch just fine I get the error message "please install the latest milestone" when I try to install the 1.08 patch. I installed to one of my secondary drives (I have a solid state primary hard drive and a 2 TB secondary hard drive), might that be causing the problem?

I installed to one of my secondary drives (I have a solid state primary hard drive and a 2 TB secondary hard drive), might that be causing the problem?
Probably not. My installation is also on a secondary drive (and on top of it, that drive is encrypted). The game seems to be quite resilient to strange setups.

As a complete and utter buffoon will somebody please tell me (in plain English) what do I do with the RaR files/folders for 1.08 once I've downloaded them? I just cant get my head around RaR and zip files.Cheers! (My version is 1.07 bought on Gamergate btw).

Right-click the patch and a menu should open. One of the options reads Extract all... (or something similar). Click that one, and on the window that opens, click the button Extract. You should now see a new folder with the contents of the .zip file. If I remember correctly, there's a readme.txt in there that tells you what to do. If there isn't, go to the folder containing aodgame.exe, select everything in there (by dragging a box around it) and copy (CTRL-C) all the contents over your game folder (go there and press CTRL-V); it should also contain an aodgame.exe. When Windows asks you whether to merge folders or overwrite files, say yes.
Older Windows versions don't support .zip and/or .rar files, so you may need a program that can open them. I recommend 7-Zip; just download and install that. The options are labeled somewhat differently then. The menu item is called 7-Zip, and then a sub-menu opens. Go with Extract to "filename/" and continue like above.

Last edited:
Maybe we could send a signed email to gamers-gate to use the 1.8 and if they agree try push steam to do the same.

If you use it on steam steam will "update" your vrsion back to 1.07. So the trick is to make a copy of your steam version into a new folder and install the patch 1.08 into that new folder. And yes, it is just "unzip and copy and paste straight into folder".

I copied the file "steam/steamApps/common/AOD", and installed it in a new folder (it was c:/paradox games/AOD). But when I try to use the launcher, a message say me: "aplication load error/ a lot of numbers". I suppose that it would be useless to install the patch, no? What can I do?

I copied the file "steam/steamApps/common/AOD", and installed it in a new folder (it was c:/paradox games/AOD). But when I try to use the launcher, a message say me: "aplication load error/ a lot of numbers". I suppose that it would be useless to install the patch, no? What can I do?
Did you try to launch the game by clicking on the game's .exe (aodgame.exe) instead of the launcher (arsenal.exe)? (although I'd have thought that the launcher would have worked as well...)

If it works, copy the 1.08 patch int the new folder and you're good to go.