• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HottestRod

Associate Product Marketing Manager
May 14, 2018
Good day everyone!

A small hotfix patch related to mod crashes has been released under the number 2.8.3.2!

Have an awesome day and catch you around!

- Fixed some common crashes from using main menu mods.

****** Original 2.8.3.1 and 2.8.3 Release Information ******

Hello there!

We had to release a small hotfix patch with the number 2.8.3.1 for a resurfaced bug relating to overly self-sacrificing AI. Hence, there won't be a roll-back for 2.8.3

Hello everyone!

The summer patch is now live! It should be installing (like a charm) through Steam right now!

Have an awesome day!

###################
# Free Features
###################
- Single Player menu now shows portrait, name, and date for the continue save.

###################
# Bug Fixes
###################
- Fixed a crash in the law view for the elector tooltip
- Fixed a crash on startup related to custom game rules

If you wish to remain on the previous patch level for any reason, then you can select version 2.8.2 from the Betas tab as usual.

- Right click Crusader Kings II in Steam and select Properties
- Go to the tab named "BETAS"
- Select the version you want to play in the dropdown list and allow the game to update

If you discover any bugs or problems, please report these in the bug report forum - not in this thread! Thank you!

Last edited:
Crusader Kings, adding it
Quick note, for those like me seeing this through the PDX forum homepage, can you please put in title what game it relates to?

Thank you so much for the heads-up!

Awesome. I'm not just singling out you, quite a lot of the front page articles are the same

No worries! That is actually a fair point! :D

"Bigger Interface" is once again, crashing the game. If anyone is experiencing crash on startup, make sure Bigger Interface is disabled till its developer updates it. Weirdly though, the changelog doesn't mention UI updates :/

"Bigger Interface" is once again, crashing the game. If anyone is experiencing crash on startup, make sure Bigger Interface is disabled till its developer updates it. Weirdly though, the changelog doesn't mention UI updates :/
Code:
Single Player menu now shows portrait, name, and date for the continue save
Probably the problem

3ah6k9okldoy.jpg

I don't see option to change back to 2.8.2, only to 2.8.1.1

Option to 2.8.2.1 should now be available! (It is the correct roll back since there were issues with 2.8.2).

If this is the summer patch, does that mean that holy fury and its accompanying patch won't be out till the fall? :p
We should expect it to be released during the Autumn, yes.

It has the exact same checksum as 2.8.2.0 did? that's absurdly unlikely. it's not a copy+paste error either, that really is the new checksum

EDIT: ah, because this reverts the only change to a checksummed file that 2.8.2.1 made, and otherwise doesn't touch checksummed files

This is all nice and stuff....

But did you guys fix the Horse Lords DLC so you can move from Nomadic to Feudal in MP? That DLC is broke because of this. It's kind of a big deal. It's GAME BREAKING!

EDIT :
I haven't been able to reproduce the below mentioned rumour, but i just tried a little.
Maybe i didn't reproduce it the way its' required.
So...maybe everything's okay for a change.:rolleyes::D:cool:..or maybe not.
Don't know.

EDIT_2: got confirmed, thus 2.8.3.1 followed
-----
EDIT: ah, because this reverts the only change to a checksummed file that 2.8.2.1 made, and otherwise doesn't touch checksummed files

..and that (allegedly)* brought back self-sacrificing.
Brilliant move...:confused:

*https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-high-priest-just-sacrificed-himself.1104973

Should test that myself..

Last edited: