• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's never dead, just resting.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Day/Night 0 New
DAY/NIGHT 0

Ghouls hiding amongst you. Instinct tells you that you should vote. People start screaming out ten different names at the same time. Euro comes forward with fancy looking campaign posters, declaring he is a president running for re-election. Nobody seems to notice he is voting for his main competitor. Sleepy tries to remind everyone that the angel/demon/thing said something about murderous ghouls, but doesn’t manage to raise his voice above the chorus of people screaming ‘EURO FOR PRESIDENT’. Nobody can resist the fancy campaign posters, so the president easily wins the vote in a landslide. Wait, what were we even voting for? Let’s just go to sleep.

That night, you hear a faint scream coming out of Yakman’s tent. The tent is littered with photos of everyone side-by-side. Some recent, some old, as though he was trying to compare them. Looking around a bit more you find a pile of bones, with markings of teeth on them, but no trace of Yakman. Oh right, you never took care of the ghouls.

Yakman the seer was hunted.

Ooh, I get to vote first.

Vote Dedonus

He hasn't made any of his colored votecounts yet this game. That's very suspicious. :p

Hard to gather any kind of meaningful analysis from the shamvote. I'll hold off voting for now and see how Day 1 develops before making a decision.

yakmanrotunda.jpg

The Office of the President of the United States

WASHINGTON DC -- Our Nation mourns the loss
of the high statesman and scalawag Yakman,
who now lies in state atop the Lincoln catafalque.

Our loss is unfathomable, but
the ghouls who would claim some victory
in this death have claimed nothing more
than our seal to their fate.

Seal the ghouls!

Vote AsdfeZxcas

Render your vote or your head!

Alphabet soup has made a point of putting out a post nice and early so it's known he's active, but refusing to make a vote. Wolf wanting to seem active without committing to anything?

Or that where I was going to go until Euro posted, and this isn't serious enough for me to put a second vote on him so early.

Hmm, perhaps alxeu for bringing up LSST in the shamvote rather than letting it lie forgotten.

Vote alxeu

Hard to gather any kind of meaningful analysis from the shamvote. I'll hold off voting for now and see how Day 1 develops before making a decision.
If everyone follows this line of reasoning, what meaningful analysis do you expect to glean from day 1, and what do you expect others to be able analyze if nothing happens? The rest of us can only figure things out if you give us things to learn from. You already have a vote though, so I'll wait to place a second on you.
I feel like there is innuendo here:p I don't think her husband would approve.

Sort of brings me back to the game where we ended being lovers, she was lynched and somehow I survived.
In the meantime, I'll vote culann for clearly being in cahoots with witch agatha based upon the GM's slip and mentioning lovers when no such things exist. He's probably a tramp, or they're ghouls together, and either way it's disgraceful.
Vote Culann

We lost the seer! I went over the order of actions—the hunt is #2, doesn’t that mean Yakman died without having a chance to claim an apprentice?

No idea how to vote. In the coupla WW threads I read, early-on people seemed to vote absent players. Unless I missed something, CaptainGrimlock and ChefJones have been the least active. Is that relevant or is it too early? (I paid more attention to the shamvotes than participation, though).

ChefJones ‘was seen today,’ but CaptainGrimlock hasn’t been around since Monday,
Last seen Monday at 09:34
and hasn’t posted in this thread since signing up:
  • Saturday at 09:37
Maybe Grimlock forgot? But I don’t have a better candidate atm, so,

VOTE CaptainGrimlock

We lost the seer! I went over the order of actions—the hunt is #2, doesn’t that mean Yakman died without having a chance to claim an apprentice?

No idea how to vote. In the coupla WW threads I read, early-on people seemed to vote absent players. Unless I missed something, CaptainGrimlock and ChefJones have been the least active. Is that relevant or is it too early? (I paid more attention to the shamvotes than participation, though).

ChefJones ‘was seen today,’ but CaptainGrimlock hasn’t been around since Monday,

and hasn’t posted in this thread since signing up:

Maybe Grimlock forgot? But I don’t have a better candidate atm, so,

VOTE CaptainGrimlock
Voting for inactive players is a good fallback when we don't have better leads. I'll go ahead and

Vote ChefJones

to see if can at least get him on here to say something.

Let's check what my ol' dad, John Winchester has written about ghouls in his diary:

Ghouls are scavenger creatures that live in graveyards and traditionally feed on the flesh and blood of the dead. Ghouls are not nocturnal, they eat whenever they get the chance. At times ghouls will change their diet and will feed on living humans instead of the dead. Ghouls can also take the form of any person they have eaten, whether the person is still alive or already dead.
The only thing that can kill a ghoul is decapitation or complete destruction of the head. Bashing their brains in works as well.
We have a couple of things to go on. We know Yakman is dead, so if someone walks around yaking it up, it'll be a ghoul. We know that they they live in graveyards.

Now I don't know a damn thing about any of you. Cass isn't here, nor my brother Sam. Heck not even Crowley! We all just woke up together in a graveyard.

But thinking about that, the ghoul(s) decided to take human form and a name. What's odd is that several of them have names with numbers:

aedan777
Euro007
jeray2000
Ironhide G1
Marty99
Chumley1

What has numbers you ask? Tombstones! Date of death to be precise. And tombstones are commonplace here around us Just 1 or even G1 doesn't look like much of a date. 007 is an odd one as well. 777 was long ago so probably nothing to feed on, unless we're dealing with ancient monsters. 99 isn't that specific, however 2000 is.

Vote jeray2000

A ghoul who just decided to go by whatever it read on a tombstone? Unless someone shows up looking like Yakman, I think this is the best I can come up with.

Day 1 Unofficial Vote Count

Dedonus: 1
alxeu [104]

AsdfeZxcas: 1
EUROO7 [106]

alxeu: 1
Aedan [107]

culann: 1
MAWofdoom [108]

CaptainGrimlock: 1
Flockingbird [109]

Chefjones: 1
AsdfeZxcas [110]

jeray2000: 1
Sleepyhead [111]

Team Wombat: 1
Dedonus [112]

EUROO7: 1
nepechri [113]

Not Voted: A bunch of people

Losing the seer night one is very suspicious!
Obviously this must mean political corruption from our presidential candidate!

VOTE EURO007
Let nepechri speak!

As enshrined in the cult of the presidency, all are subject to forced expression. Individuals rendering a verdict on corruption in our society whenever you see it is vital and one of the tools at presidential disposal for solving the ghoulish question.

To be effective, these accusations must be made with a village-minded bias. This means they must contain evidence of corruption for the village to judge, or be branded corrupting itself.

Unvote AsdfeZxcas

Voting in the United States of Zombieland seems weird until you realize the undead don't mind standing in line. I prefer Ash's approach in the Evil Dead a fist full of boomstick!

I still don't like day 1 voting it always feels so arbitrary. I didn't get much from the shamvoting, but that isn't so surprising for me. Of the roster there are few new players and returning ones I haven't played with, so I'm not inclined to vote for either group at the moment. I am happy that activity started strong out of the gate. We'll see if we can keep this momentum going. I was going to hold my vote to see how people I more familiar with post but instead I'll embrace the arbitrary nature of day 1.

Vote Arkasas

Who has arbitrarily left the "n" out of his name.

Voting in the United States of Zombieland seems weird until you realize the undead don't mind standing in line. I prefer Ash's approach in the Evil Dead a fist full of boomstick!

I still don't like day 1 voting it always feels so arbitrary. I didn't get much from the shamvoting, but that isn't so surprising for me. Of the roster there are few new players and returning ones I haven't played with, so I'm not inclined to vote for either group at the moment. I am happy that activity started strong out of the gate. We'll see if we can keep this momentum going. I was going to hold my vote to see how people I more familiar with post but instead I'll embrace the arbitrary nature of day 1.

Vote Arkasas

Who has arbitrarily left the "n" out of his name.
Look, man. It's vote or be voted! Every man for himself, unless you're a ghoul.

Oh hey, I remembered this game exists!
Vote Euro
because it’s been a while and I want to say hi.

Day 1 Vote Count (with thanks to dedonus) - 17 hours till deadline

EUROO7: 2
nepechri [113]
CaptianGrimlock [118]

culann: 2
MAWofdoom [108]
Chumley [119]

Dedonus: 1
alxeu [104]

alxeu: 1
Aedan [107]

CaptainGrimlock: 1