Italy balance of power is broken

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Xinamon

Second Lieutenant
43 Badges
May 15, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Island Bound
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I lose the dodecanese islands which is a COLONY state not a CORE state and now I'm drifting towards the council forever due to "lost cores", it's bs and needs to be fixed NOW.

• 5Like
Reactions:
It's not about cores, it's about provices you OWN and not just OCCUPY. Means if you conquer let's say Romania before ww2, they will act the same. Puppets on borders are your friends.

Italy's system is pretty harsh. I find it easier to split Italy into a puppet & fascist rump state than to capitulate France with their lower surrender limit.
If it were up to me, I'd make the Italian system so that you can't be split up unless a certain amount of VPs are lost. Losing Africa, Rhodes and Zara should make Mussolini politically hanging on by a thread. Only if you lose Turin, Venice, Rome, Sicily or something similar in terms on VP should Italy be split up.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Only if you lose Turin, Venice, Rome, Sicily or something similar in terms on VP should Italy be split up.
Except that this system is trying to simulate the historical Italian capitulation which occurred after the Allies had only secured Sicily.
EDIT: I reread your message and realised you said "Or" not "And", my b.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I still don't understand why no dev has ever addressed the stupid permanent lost cores 0.50% drift per day modifier.

Why is it permanent? why isn't it reversed if you get that core back and have 0% capitulation progress?
Why can't you click a decision to remove it if you get your core back and have 0% capitulation progress?
Why can I conquer the entire world as the Roman Empire with Mussolini at the helm, and potentially suffer a civil war because 7 years ago for 10 days I lost Sardegna? (arguements for roman empire being unstable do not apply- if you want to use that arguement stability should be dropping, not the balance of power)

Why why why.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I lose the dodecanese islands which is a COLONY state not a CORE state and now I'm drifting towards the council forever due to "lost cores", it's bs and needs to be fixed NOW.
BBA basically made Italy unplayable. I like a lot of the new content but Italy was ruined.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Except that this system is trying to simulate the historical Italian capitulation which occurred after the Allies had only secured Sicily.
EDIT: I reread your message and realised you said "Or" not "And", my b.
But that's incredibly short sightet. Italy capitulated because of the totality of how the war progressed, not because the allies took Sicily. If Italy had won in Eritrea and Cyrenaika, held Egypt and the UK succeded in a hail mary invasion of Sicily it would be quite a different story.

• 4Like
Reactions:
But that's incredibly short sightet. Italy capitulated because of the totality of how the war progressed, not because the allies took Sicily. If Italy had won in Eritrea and Cyrenaika, held Egypt and the UK succeded in a hail mary invasion of Sicily it would be quite a different story.
My comment was because I thought they said that Italy should only break if the allies took Sicily, Rome, AND Turin. I completely agree that just losing Sicily and literally nothing else going wrong shouldn't trigger the civil war, I just misread the other comment as asking for something completely ahistorical.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The irony of this thread is that I don't think Balance of Power does enough to depose Mussolini when the situation goes bad.

Trying to speed run the collapse of Italy as France a few games ago, I literally held Sardinia, Sicily, and Rome within the first six months of Italian entry, and they still wouldn't fracture. Since I hadn't taken out a bunch of other stuff, the drift was too weak/slow to get Mussolini deposed in a timely fashion. It took over two months after Rome was occupied for Italy to begin that process because of where the Balance of Power was prior to my attacks.

Maybe the Grand Council of Fascism needed to file some extra paperwork or something?

• 3Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
The irony of this thread is that I don't think Balance of Power does enough to depose Mussolini when the situation goes bad.

Trying to speed run the collapse of Italy as France a few games ago, I literally held Sardinia, Sicily, and Rome within the first six months of Italian entry, and they still wouldn't fracture. Since I hadn't taken out a bunch of other stuff, the drift was too weak/slow to get Mussolini deposed in a timely fashion. It took over two months after Rome was occupied for Italy to begin that process because of where the Balance of Power was prior to my attacks.

Maybe the Grand Council of Fascism needed to file some extra paperwork or something?
You didn't take Libya, so the Grand council of Fascism was waiting for Italo Balbo's counterattack to make everything alright.

• 1Like
Reactions:

If you beat Italy before they have time to start the civil war, Italy just surrenders like any other nation (at least in vanilla).
This allows you to take any province from them during the peace conference and occupy everything until then. Isn't that what you want?

Also if you are beating Italy quickly do you really want them to start the civil war? That makes an (apparently) easily war even easier (unless you get pushed back and the puppet surrenders).

• 3Like
Reactions:
You didn't take Libya, so the Grand council of Fascism was waiting for Italo Balbo's counterattack to make everything alright.

1699567486610.jpeg

Also if you are beating Italy quickly do you really want them to start the civil war? That makes an (apparently) easily war even easier (unless you get pushed back and the puppet surrenders).

Regno del Sud becomes a type of puppet that democracies can't normally have. So, I was trying to grab puppet Italy for the puppet benefits and the lulz.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions: