• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you.
A the moment, the latest release is pretty solid. The implementation of Husky scenario was a big effort!
Due to the lack of free time, I will only be adding new pictures for leaders from time to time.
However, I'm thinking about the following additions:
- a puppet Italian North Africa and/or a puppet Italian Egypt to be release in case of victory
- leaders for Somalia
- Desert Fox scenario (unlikely, due to the enormous amount of work it would require)
Do you have any other suggestion?

Thank you. It's already there, in the Husky scenario.
Congratulations! Very very great work.
"Do you have any other suggestion?" If it's possible, "what if" scenario's:
  • 1940 Putsch against Mussolini: Quadrumvirato takes power (Balbo, Grandi ecc) and Italy remains neutral. Friendship with USA e UK
  • 1940 Amedeo d'Aosta, viceroy of Africa Orientale Italiana, proclaims indipendence (if Italy is allied with Germany) followed by Libia governed by Balbo...
  • 1944 20 july Hitler died and war in Europe ended: Italy is divided between RSI at north and Kingdom of Italy at south
What do you think of these ideas?
Thank you

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello fellow Italian, very interesting work.
Your mod description mentions alternate events for the grand campaign. I was wondering if among those we can see things like Italy declaring war on Germany in 1934 or in 1938 over Austria (years for first attempted Anschluss and proper Anschluss) and/or if there are paths for choosing neutrality in WWII.

Congratulations! Very very great work.
"Do you have any other suggestion?" If it's possible, "what if" scenario's:
  • 1940 Putsch against Mussolini: Quadrumvirato takes power (Balbo, Grandi ecc) and Italy remains neutral. Friendship with USA e UK
  • 1940 Amedeo d'Aosta, viceroy of Africa Orientale Italiana, proclaims indipendence (if Italy is allied with Germany) followed by Libia governed by Balbo...
  • 1944 20 july Hitler died and war in Europe ended: Italy is divided between RSI at north and Kingdom of Italy at south
What do you think of these ideas?
Thank you
Thank you for your replies!
The alternate paths that you mentioned would require a lot of changes to be implemented into the main campaign (editing the events anche the AI files for all the main countries of the game!) I think that any deviation from history made after the Second Abyssinian War would be too far-fetched. The turning point was the collapse of the Stresa Front after the Anglo-German Naval Treaty and the invasion of Abyssinia, which precluded an unified European front against Germany. Had the agreement lasted, there would have been an alliance between Italy, Austria and Hungary, plus the usual French-British alliance and the Little Entente, all against Germany. I couldn't figure out the effects of that set-up on the Abyssinian war, the Spanish Civil War and even a possible alliance between Germany and the Soviets. As you can see, it's all very Kaiserreich-style and far beyond the scope of this mod (and my capability!) In OTL, by the start of the 1936 main campaign, the alliances were pretty consolidated and the various leaderships were not in discussion.
Unfortunately, DH is a great simulator of historical WW2 with almost zero sandbox features (those in HoI2 have been progressively neutered). Any alternate path to war would require a massive amount of changes with dozens of new events.
Smaller what-ifs could be considered for battlescenarios. In particular, I explored the feasibility of a Germany against Italy (and Hungary?) scenario following the 1934 or the 1938 Austrian crisises. However, while these scenarios would be extremely interesting from a historical point of view, I couldn't figure out how to properly represent them in the game. In 1934 the Nazis were essentially unarmed, so that Hitler avoided any open conflict, thus a battlescenario would be a stroll for Italy and Austria. In 1938, Mussolini had no intention to wage war against his only powerful European ally, thus the battlescenario would be a stroll for the Wermacht into Austria, much like the Fall Grun scenario in the original HoI2.
What do you think about this?

Meanwhile, you can download the latest version of the mod. The new content is very limited, but I added some new pictures including some outstanding and never seen before photos of generals who operated in North Africa, taken from the book Rommel's Italian Generals In North Africa 1941-1943 by Di Zinno and D'Angelo.

• 3Like
Reactions:
The alternate paths that you mentioned would require a lot of changes to be implemented into the main campaign (editing the events anche the AI files for all the main countries of the game!) I think that any deviation from history made after the Second Abyssinian War would be too far-fetched. The turning point was the collapse of the Stresa Front after the Anglo-German Naval Treaty and the invasion of Abyssinia, which precluded an unified European front against Germany. Had the agreement lasted, there would have been an alliance between Italy, Austria and Hungary, plus the usual French-British alliance and the Little Entente, all against Germany. I couldn't figure out the effects of that set-up on the Abyssinian war, the Spanish Civil War and even a possible alliance between Germany and the Soviets. As you can see, it's all very Kaiserreich-style and far beyond the scope of this mod (and my capability!) In OTL, by the start of the 1936 main campaign, the alliances were pretty consolidated and the various leaderships were not in discussion.
Unfortunately, DH is a great simulator of historical WW2 with almost zero sandbox features (those in HoI2 have been progressively neutered). Any alternate path to war would require a massive amount of changes with dozens of new events.
Smaller what-ifs could be considered for battlescenarios. In particular, I explored the feasibility of a Germany against Italy (and Hungary?) scenario following the 1934 or the 1938 Austrian crisises. However, while these scenarios would be extremely interesting from a historical point of view, I couldn't figure out how to properly represent them in the game. In 1934 the Nazis were essentially unarmed, so that Hitler avoided any open conflict, thus a battlescenario would be a stroll for Italy and Austria. In 1938, Mussolini had no intention to wage war against his only powerful European ally, thus the battlescenario would be a stroll for the Wermacht into Austria, much like the Fall Grun scenario in the original HoI2.

Meanwhile, you can download the latest version of the mod. The new content is very limited, but I added some new pictures including some outstanding and never seen before photos of generals who operated in North Africa, taken from the book Rommel's Italian Generals In North Africa 1941-1943 by Di Zinno and D'Angelo.
Extensive reply thank you. Yeah I understand such limitations, no worries. Yes maybe you could try to add any of those battle scenarios if you'd manage to find a solution to the lopsided fronts. Anyways thanks for the update!

Thank you for your reply. I understand: DH has a lot of events to change. Battlescenario is a good idea, when it will be possible.
Your idea of a 1934-scenario is very interesting, I like it.
Thanks

Thank you for your reply. I understand: DH has a lot of events to change. Battlescenario is a good idea, when it will be possible.
Your idea of a 1934-scenario is very interesting, I like it.
Thanks
I would need OOBs for Reichswehr and Bundesheer in July 1934.
Also, I never figured out which Italian divisions were mobilized by Mussolini after Dollfuss was killed (sources mention three or four divisions).

• 1Like
Reactions:
A new update is coming! No new scenarios (for now...) but as usual a lot of new content:
- various tweaks and fixes
- dozens of new leaders with pics for Italy
- a new releasable puppet for Italy: Italian North Africa (Africa Settentrionale Italiana). You'll have to get to Alexandria and Cairo to free it and its capital will be Alexandria (sorry, King Farouk). Its "national" territory is Egypt, but the player can expand it to include Sudan, Libya and even Tunisia.
- rework of Communist Italy - especially the air and navy leaders
- reworked and expanded cold-war era Somalia, including historical leaders
Stay tuned!

ita NA.jpg

italianunion.jpg
somalia.jpg

• 10Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Progress is slow but an update is coming!
I recently bought a collection of 1930s magazines with lots of pictures of generals, some of them never seen before on the internet, which I'll add in the next version of the mod.
05efa049-f472-470a-8138-7c3adc9a27b2.jpg

Stay tuned!

• 10Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Got some stuff her:
xxx;Luigi Frusci;T_IEA_Frusci;2;1939;1949;training;centralized_execution;small_unit_tactics;infantry_focus;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
Lugi Frusci can also be minister and leader if you don’t already have him in.

General Biroli could also serve in IEA. Local leader to join IEA is Olol Dinle. Riccardo Maraffa as Military Intelligence.

ttp://web.tiscali.it/fabrizionet/nuova_pagina_6.htm

9788861020795_0_0_299_75-2459272379.jpg
A book about generals.
GUIDA-DELLAFRICA-ORIENTALE-ITALIANA-CONSOCIAZIONE-TURISTICA-ITALIANA-1938-XVI-1-12235726.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hi!

Could you please write the names of those magazines? I would like to search for those too.
Thank you very much!
Hi! The magazines are called "Cronache illustrate dell'azione italiana in A. O.", printed in 1936. You can find the single issues on ebay and sometimes the full collection of 12 issues.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I finally made some real progress with the Africa Settentrionale Italiana (Italian North Africa) puppet. There will be some 30 army leaders, most of them with a picture (sadly not all of them, after extensive research), plus a few admirals and air leaders. It's going to be a semi-historical, pseudo-plausible, flavor-friendly puppet for the player to release when Alexandria and Cairo are conquered (should I add Suez?). No events or anything complicated. The "national" territory is Egypt, but the player can easily give any territory he feels like it should be part of the colony (Libya? Tunisia? Sudan - to part with Italian East Africa?). I still have to decide the capital: it should be Cairo, but actually Alexandria was the main center of Italian penetration in Egypt.
ASI.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Finally, here's Project Italy v.2023! This release marks the tenth anniversary of the mod! (although I started working on it much earlier, with the Mod 1914 for HoI2)
As usual, there are a lot of changes:
- New releasable puppet for Italy: Italian North Africa
- Enhanced Somalia: new leaders and ministers for both the Italian colonial period and the post-WW2 independence period
- tweaked leaders stats
- new leaders with accurate pictures, some not available on the internet
- fixed events and other minor improvements

Download Project Italy v.2023 here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/1urdhmj8uu6imq8/PROJECT_ITALY_v.2023_for_DH_1.05.2.rar/file

Please let me know if you like my mod! And please join the Project Italy channel in the Darkest Hour Modding Server (link: https://discord.gg/Yzw7YTAc ) to get updates about the mod and discuss its content.

gen1940.png
gen1943.png
somal.jpg

Last edited:
  • 11Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Hi Melkor89, do you have a suggestion for cold war general for Italy that can start around 1959/60 and last maybe in to 1980? Its for land tech.

Hi Melkor89, do you have a suggestion for cold war general for Italy that can start around 1959/60 and last maybe in to 1980? Its for land tech.
In the Cold War the Italian doctrines were heavily dictated by the NATO strategic and tactical needs. So, AFAIK I cannot point out a specific tactician for that period.
However, during those years the Army and the Secret Services were involved in obscure political plots, so I suggest you to read the (Italian) wikipedia articles about General Giovanni de Lorenzo and his rival Giuseppe Aloia, the Italian Secret Services and the "Solo" Plan.

All in all, I would say that de Lorenzo played a significant role in the Italian politics and the Army in the '60s, however it might not be exactly the person you're looking for.
You can also look up the list of Chiefs of Army Staff, Chiefs of Army and Commanders of NATO HQ Southern Europe (FTASE) to find a few more names of prominent generals.

Here is the new link: https://discord.gg/GzaYmXQ6q

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Could you name some possible tech teams and generals for RSI(Repubblica Sociale Italiana) if RSI lasted into to the coldwar era? Bonomi Ruggero can be used past 1945. But how about past 1960?

Could you name some possible tech teams and generals for RSI(Repubblica Sociale Italiana) if RSI lasted into to the coldwar era? Bonomi Ruggero can be used past 1945. But how about past 1960?
I suggest you to look into the officers who joined the MSI (Movimento Sociale Italiano) in the post ww2.
Here are some examples, but you can find more with a simple google search.

Also:
https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pietro_Mannelli (head of Italian SS)

I suggest you to download the Project Italy mod and search in the RSI leaders and ministers files, you might find some more names.
Looks interesting, thanks for continuing to help flesh out a nation that Is often overlooked in world history.
Could you give another DIscord link? As the one you sent has expired.
This link should work: https://discord.gg/GzaYmXQ6q

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you for the input. I will use Vito Miceli from the mid 1950s ca.
Vito Miceli.jpg

What do you think this can be RSI Milita or a RSI garrison force? The picture is from 1944.
Ill_div_rsi_soliders.jpg