• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDX-Trinexx

Community Manager
Administrator
Paradox Staff
101 Badges
Jan 31, 2022
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Empire of Sin - Premium Edition
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka 2
  • Magicka
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Empire of Sin
  • Stellaris: Federations
Hello everyone! We're releasing a hotfix today to address some of the issues with yesterday's 1.10.0 update. While we have fixes for other reported/known issues coming up shortly, we felt the ones listed below were severe enough to warrant an immediate update.

1.10.0.1 'Quill' Hotfix Changelog
  • Fixed an issue where AI rulers do not marry as much as intended.
  • Fixed an issue that removed the two buttons under the Wards tab in the character interface.
  • Fixed an issue resulting in crashes for resumed games from older versions.

As always, if you encounter any problems not listed in our known issues thread, then please let us know about it on the Bug Report board here on our official forums!

We hope this hotfix makes for a more stable and enjoyable experience playing Wards & Wardens and the 1.10.0 'Quill' Update.

• 27Like
Reactions:
Any chance we could get a list of the specific files (and ideally the sections) changed for this ? I've spent the past 2 days updating my mods, and I'd rather not spend another day rechecking everything looking for the files that this update changed.

ETA - after checking SteamDB I believe the files changed are
game/common/character_interactions/00_education_interactions.txt
game/common/religion/holy_sites/00_holy_sites.txt
game/dlc_metadata/00_dlc_metadata.txt (not really moddable )

As well as the executable for whatever OS you're using.

So issues for modding should actually be pretty small. Hopefully this is helpful for someone else.

(For those curious, I'd guess Education interactions fixes wards. The executable fixes marriage and Holy Sites is probably for the crashes. )

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Patch just dropped but not everything is in it as said in the patch notes. only the following files got updated

00_education_interactions.txt
00_holy_sites.txt
00_dlc_metadata.txt

which means that

• Fixed an issue that removed the two buttons under the Wards tab in the character interface.
are not fixed, since no files were touched that changes anything about marriage or weddings. and no files were touched that changes anything in the character interface. Is another patch dropping maybe with the missing files ???

Unless the executable fixes the marriage issue ?? And if the removal of the adult requirement in education interaction fixes the missing buttons then yeah it would be complete. Some more info in patch notes would be helpful in this case

Reactions:
Patch just dropped but not everything is in it as said in the patch notes. only the following files got updated

00_holy_sites.txt
00_dlc_metadata.txt

which means that

are not fixed, since no files were touched that changes anything about marriage or weddings. and no files were touched that changes anything in the character interface. Is another patch dropping maybe with the missing files ???

Unless the executable fixes the marriage issue ?? And if the removal of the adult requirement in education interaction fixes the missing buttons then yeah it would be complete. Some more info in patch notes would be helpful in this case

Yeah I think 00_education_interactions.txt is the fix for the Ward tab issue.

And I'm pretty sure the marriage issue was the executable fix.

( Which would suggest it's Holy Sites which was causing the crash for save games (which is weird ) )

Reactions:

00_holy_sites.txt
00_dlc_metadata.txt

which means that

It'd make sense that the AI changes would be done purely through code and are inaccessible to the scripting system. The changes are probably done on the executable file, but it would be pretty funny for the AI behavior stuff to be in a txt file.

• 2Like
Reactions:
My old game was Iron Man but no longer which makes me sad

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • Fixed an issue resulting in crashes for resumed games from older versions.

This reads as if a certain degree of compatibility with games from older versions is expected, is this correct?

On the one hand, I expected old saves not to be compatible (I a PDX dev once said that within a version (say 1.10 and thus 1.10.1, 1.10.2, etc.) saves should be compatible, while saves are less likely to work across these versions (say between 1.9.x and 1.10.x). On the other hand, the release notes did not include save compatibility issue warnings (and the "how to roll back to a previous version on Steam" instructions), so I was hopeful. And this comment here seems to suggest that old saves should indeed work.

Do we have an official response somewhere?

Yeah I think 00_education_interactions.txt is the fix for the Ward tab issue.

And I'm pretty sure the marriage issue was the executable fix.

( Which would suggest it's Holy Sites which was causing the crash for save games (which is weird ) )
Correct holy sites is what fixed the crashing and not weird they had removed something causing older games to crash they now added it back for older games to function again, it was a simple part of coding with a tag that caused it

Reactions:
This reads as if a certain degree of compatibility with games from older versions is expected, is this correct?

On the one hand, I expected old saves not to be compatible (I a PDX dev once said that within a version (say 1.10 and thus 1.10.1, 1.10.2, etc.) saves should be compatible, while saves are less likely to work across these versions (say between 1.9.x and 1.10.x). On the other hand, the release notes did not include save compatibility issue warnings (and the "how to roll back to a previous version on Steam" instructions), so I was hopeful. And this comment here seems to suggest that old saves should indeed work.

Do we have an official response somewhere?
They always try to not edit core mechanics, major updates, like you said like 1.8 to 1.9 are always a bit if testing

Maybe you remember the culture overhaul, obviously this will cause bugs

But it should always be loadable and continuable

I remeber once after an update, all characters had 0 health and died off, so i just revoked some baronies, created a new random character (through give title to random local), and then played as this character until all other characters died off, and pretended it was like a super pandemic, but the save wasn‘t corrupt in this case, maybe something else was also broken, but I have not found anything else that big

Reactions:
Thank you very much for the hotfix devs ^^

Will this list be updated?
Or should we check the bug forum if a bug is already reported?
And I noticed sometimes the reports won‘t get flagged as „confirmed“ „duplicate“ .. or else
How do we know if you‘ve seen the report?

Keeping a public list of all reported issues requires a bit too much overhead, so the known issues list is typically limited to ones that would be particularly prominent or frustrating for players. Which is to say, yes it'll be updated but it won't fully reflect the internal bug tracker at any given time.

Checking to see if your issue has already been reported (and upvoting it if so) is always a good idea, as threads with higher vote counts tend to command a bit more attention.

We try to be diligent about publicly marking report threads as QA goes through them, but sometimes there can be a gap before threads are tagged appropriately. That said, if you post a report there then it's essentially guaranteed to have been seen even if the thread status wasn't updated. I'll try to harass convince the team to update report threads more consistently in the future.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I was exited that I could continue my HRE playthrough where I was planning to complete 20-30 harder achievements but the game still crashed. I noticed it crashed when I was raising an army, which if I remember correctly was when it crashed right after the wards and wardens update as well.

Actually made it worse. Last patch it would crash for me after selecting a ruler to play as. Now it crashes before I get to the world map. The main menu is as far as it goes now. I'm not using any mods and starting a new game.

Thank God that the AI marries now! I will miss having my pic of the genetically superior brides, though...

hey champs is the ai still not getting married for anyone else? it wasnt great at it before this particular bug so its kinda hard to tell

the entire house of normandy died out over the course of a century in my current game bc not one of them bothered to get married, which seems odd ngl