• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lord0ver

Private
46 Badges
Dec 3, 2022
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
She is the last wife in the list of my wives. Only wife #1 gives me a stat bonus. Every other wife is just a baby factory, right?

Since she is one of my wives why would I abandon the "romance" ? If she would win my heart, she could become wife #1. Is that it?

first choice - attempt to win my heart. She is already my wife
second choice - ends scheme romance you

1677194675237.png

She is the last wife in the list of my wives. Only wife #1 gives me a stat bonus. Every other wife is just a baby factory, right?

Since she is one of my wives why would I abandon the "romance" ? If she would win my heart, she could become wife #1. Is that it?

second choice - ends scheme romance you

View attachment 950135

yeah babyfactory or alliances. first wife could be purely for stats if shes not fertile and then you could ahve secondary wives for traits/alliances etc.
no she would still be your second, but she could be your "favourite" , as in soulmate.

also not having enough wives will give negative prestige/piety i think.

Marriage in the game is what it was back then: a "contract" between two noble families. So no, being married to someone doesn't mean you're already in love with them.
If she succeeds in the scheme, she'll become your lover - you'll have an opinion boost with her and a higher chance of bearing children. And she'll not become your primary wife, no.

• 1Like
Reactions:
In addition, if the romance succeeds, you'll get the option for an automatic "lay with her" which gives a chance of an additional pregnancy, and she will be less likely to cheat on you.

• 1Like
Reactions:
In addition, if the romance succeeds, you'll get the option for an automatic "lay with her" which gives a chance of an additional pregnancy, and she will be less likely to cheat on you.
Wait that's a chance? I've seduced/romanced the wife many times exactly to create an additional child, I swear it works almost always (as evident of me remembering it as a guaranteed thing and not a chance).

Wait that's a chance? I've seduced/romanced the wife many times exactly to create an additional child, I swear it works almost always (as evident of me remembering it as a guaranteed thing and not a chance).
It's a very high chance, but it's modified by things like fertility. If you or her are almost completely infertile, it likely won't work

Reactions: