'War Effort' patches and 1.12.6 Open Beta

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
does this patch address the bug related to the lack of decreasing/increasing paranoia when purging an army commander during the preparations for the soviet civil war?
It does not. And we don't have information when it will be fixed. But I'm guessing soon.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Effective bonus from those caps at level 10, but they still may gain Planning etc. above that.
From the unit_leader files seems those cap at 10 as well. Do you mean Planning and Logistics effective bonus keeps on growing even if the general level does not increase in this respect?

PS I admit I was too stupid to google for an answer to my question rather than to try to find the directory with the relevant game model files :( :)

From the unit_leader files seems those cap at 10 as well. Do you mean Planning and Logistics effective bonus keeps on growing even if the general level does not increase in this respect?
It's the other way around, i.e. I had Planning at 11 and that provided the same effect as Planning 10. These two (with Logistics) are quite easy to (over)stack as Meticulous Preparation army spirit has a 50% chance to increase both, and even a timely switch to the other one can't guarantee you'll get all the 'good' rolls afterwards. That said, it happens so late in the game that it's irrelevant anyway.

Reactions:
They do not like to delete anything even if it turns out to be filed in error. One may ask one of the forum monitors to close out a thread - I've done this once or twice - but they won't delete anything as that only prompts some to claim that PDX is hiding things.

Reactions:
Pardox, I have a very important suggestion to submit:
The swiss national focus "forbid nazi foreign propaganda" reduce fascism : that's ok. But it should only reduce the opinion of Germany, not the one of Italy. Because it's mentionned "NAZI" propaganda. Fascists of Italy ARE NOT NAZI. This is not the same thing.

So I suggest two choices:
- Call this focus "forbid fascist foreign propaganda", and effects can apply to both Germany and Italy.
- Or keep the term "nazi" nad apply effects to Germany only.
Basically in the 21st century "Nazi" and Fascism could be used interchangeably. Things get simplified over time.

Reactions:
@Arheo
Iranian (Persian) Division's name are incorrect ,would you mind change them to more reasonable ones? I can help with translation. let me remind you that Iran was(and probably still is) among most played minors that do not own their own focus tree

Also I hope we will see German armies incorrect Insignias will be fixed this time :rolleyes:

• 3Like
Reactions:
Basically in the 21st century "Nazi" and Fascism could be used interchangeably. Things get simplified over time.

That is not accurate and does not represent HOI IV timeline. At that time there were a lot of authoritarian regimes that could be called fascist or semi-fascist even if they did not call themselves that way. Mussolini's Italy was the prototype of Fascism. Hitlers' Nazi-Germany was not typical Fascism, it was an extreme form of it. Therefore, if we talk about right wing totalitarism, Fascism is the general term for it. Nazism does not represent typical fascism, but it's extreme form added with extreme racism that was not part of most other Fascist state ideologies.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
That is not accurate and does not represent HOI IV timeline. At that time there were a lot of authoritarian regimes that could be called fascist or semi-fascist even if they did not call themselves that way. Mussolini's Italy was the prototype of Fascism. Hitlers' Nazi-Germany was not typical Fascism, it was an extreme form of it. Therefore, if we talk about right wing totalitarism, Fascism is the general term for it. Nazism does not represent typical fascism, but it's extreme form added with extreme racism that was not part of most other Fascist state ideologies.
You could argue that Nazi is not typical Fascism, just like you could argue that USSR is not typical communism, or Napoleon is not a typical French. But in fact most people understand them that way.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
You could argue that Nazi is not typical Fascism, just like you could argue that USSR is not typical communism, or Napoleon is not a typical French. But in fact most people understand them that way.
As someone who studied fascism quite closely as part of my graduate studies, I basically agree with this. I understand the OP's argument, but this is really just hairsplitting at this point.

Reactions:

Research of how "most people" think would require a quantitative research with a sample of at least 10.000 persons (or probably more) from different cultures around the world. You have your view, I have mine, both are more hypothesis than scientific facts. Going back to HOI IV timeline, prior to WWII and Italy's weak war performance Mussolini and the Italian Fascism were much more influential than Hitler and the NSDAP. I am looking at an European historical perspective, from other parts of the world it might have looked different. The differences between the Italian Fascism and the German Nazism cannot be openly discussed here due to the community rules.

Last edited:
@Arheo @CraniumMuppet As a kind proposal about ETH NF tree. As of now Scavenger Tactics focus randomly assigns Scavenger trait between all the generals in the total pool without regard to whether one commands an army or not. Since ETH is in dire straits on MIL production one will hardly use a second general anytime soon. Yet it makes risking 35 days of NF time a lame choice IMO since you have only 30% probability of your general getting the trait (nine generals initially + the best one acquired through BoP decision). May be make the generals currently commanding armies a preferred choice? Like it's done for the randomly built buildings in ETH. Otherwise this NF is as good as dead IMO.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
So we will get another open beta soon (tm) as well? After stable release of course.
the devs did state they were aiming for monthly patches; those patches will had fixes for some of the more current issues as well as some small improvements to older content; there will not be any new coding - that will be saved for the next DLC cycle;

Reactions:
Crap generals are kind of a "feature" of those countries though
I mean like unique portraits and names for flavor purposes. The new generals don't necessarily need to be good.

Compared to other dlc nations, the nations I listed always seem to have less generals and I find I have to hire generic generals which kinda hurts the immersion. France is the worst of these since some of their unique generals don't even have unique portraits.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I mean like unique portraits and names for flavor purposes. The new generals don't necessarily need to be good.

Compared to other dlc nations, the nations I listed always seem to have less generals and I find I have to hire generic generals which kinda hurts the immersion. France is the worst of these since some of their unique generals don't even have unique portraits.
Yeah, with La Résistance they gave France a whopping amount of 0 new generals, and those who had generic portraits were not even given one, which is a shame.
It's agonizing enough to play France being underpowered to the level that it is, and not having enough generals, and some with generic French portraits is the icing on the cake of frustration.
Most of the time that I want to play with France, I feel almost compelled to play with mods.

• 4Like
Reactions: