• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheKnoedelbert

Recruit
Mar 27, 2022
Short summary of your issue
German Localization full of issues

Game Version
1.5.1.1, 1.6.0

What OS are you playing on?

Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

What DLC do you have installed?
Royal Court

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
The German Localization has so many issues since 1.5:
- Fund inspiration is missing all artifact strings
- Some court events (in Hold Court) are missing their whole text, only one or two sentences are there that don't make sense at all
- Various grammar issues concerning gender (his/her used wrong)
- Artifacts having their names mixed up if they are of good quality, for example "Schwert von Gut", "Insignien von Gut"
I wasn't sure which of those are already known, but since the two hotfixes didn't provide any changes for that, I wanted to report them here.
Edit: I added many more examples for faulty texts.
Edit2: Added even more examples
Edit3: Added more, including the missing content in the Hold-Court-Event and a misaligned Prestige Icon
Edit4: Added "Missing key" and "Feuer" (which should be "Feuern" or "Entlassen", which would fit even better)
Edit5: Added Missing Text when finding out that someone already is a witch

Please also pay attention to the replies of this report, as many people kindly added more issues. Feel free to collect any German-related issues here.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

(Full image shows when clicking on it)

Crusader Kings III Screenshot 2022.03.27 - 11.04.13.62.png
"Insignien von Gut"
Crusader Kings III Screenshot 2022.03.27 - 11.07.03.77.png
All inspirations have broken artifact type names
ArtifactNameMissing.png
"hat niedrige Haltbarkeit" -> The name of the artifact is clearly missing here
CustomLoc1.png
again, the artifact name is missing and replaced with the "CustomLoc"... string
CustomLoc2.png
Same as above
LowerCaseEuer.png
"euer" should be "Euer", because it's the begin of a sentence
MissingDetails.png
Empty textbox, some details are missing here
MissingWord.jpg
"ähnlich wie !" -> apparently, a word is missing here
CustomLoc4.png
again CustomLoc, some loc string is missing here
CustomLoc3.png
and again
MissingContent.png
Notifications on the right are missing their details
MissingName.png
" wurde vom Papst exkommuniziert" -> the name of the character is missing here
CompleteContentMissing.png
"Mein Ratsmarschall selbstbewusst" is not a sentence, also it looks like some text is missing here, as the event doesn't make sense
HalfSentenceMissing.png
" auf, eine Weile..." -> the first half of this sentence is missing here
MisalignedPrestige.png
The prestige icon is misaligned in the tooltip
Feuer_instead_of_Feuern.png
"Feuer", but it should say "Feuern". But "Entlassen" would be even better (more formal)
MissingKey.png
Missing Key
MissingText.png
Missing text, as I busted the pope doing witchcraft

I have attached a save game
No

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Whole-hearted agree!
Although I love the game as such, the German localization is abysmal in far too many places. Like google-translate back and forth ten times abysmal.
Adding to the above:
- the absolutely ridiculous use of "von Euch / Ihr", which not a single German speaking person would ever do. And speaking of that, using Euch and Ihr in this situation would not even mean the same, "Euch" addresses the reader while "Ihr" addresses a third person
- not specific for German I believe, but far too many events have totally f***ed up participants: I have several times observed myself (male character) confronting my spouse (female, adressed as (female pronoun) husband) about cheating me with myself; or just yesterday thie prime example in the pic: my wife conspiring somehow against herself, written in sentences that a 3yo could do better
Unbenannt6.PNG

Really tragic that this great game has to take so much abuse about the language...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Short summary of your issue
German Localization full of issues

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

What DLC do you have installed?
Royal Court,

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
The German Localization has so many issues since 1.5:
- Fund inspiration is missing all artifact strings
- Some court events (in Hold Court) are missing their whole text, only one or two sentences are there that don't make sense at all
- Various grammar issues concerning gender (his/her used wrong)
- Artifacts having their names mixed up if they are of good quality, for example "Schwert von Gut", "Insignien von Gut"
I wasn't sure which of those are already known, but since the two hotfixes didn't provide any changes for that, I wanted to report them here.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

I have attached a save game

No

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached
I agree full with you, but did you know that you can rename your artifacts, it will help a bit and you can rename the artifacts of other rulers by editing the save file.

I can confirm everything

and would add for some artifacts (mostly when it have religious requirements) have incorrect / missing tooltips, if you hover why you cant use it
( i am sure some other languages have this issue too, because i have seen these at other bug-posts)

not really a bug, but what bothers me every time is this "sick: my old self" ("Krank: Mein altes Ich")
I would rather have. "Healthy: Finally not sick anymore". ("Gesund!: Endlich nicht mehr krank")

Yes, technically it belongs to the sick event series,
but i nearly every time i have that popup i get a bad feeling, because i read sick as first word and assume the bad things,
only to realize it is a good event.
krank_end.png

I dont know if this is a Localization problem, or unfortunate choice of wording anyway (that you cant differ fast good or bad event at header)
for me it is a bad user experience like it is now.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I added again even more screenshots of any text problem I could find, I think this are now quite a few. Together with your comments on other issues (thanks for that), I hope that the devs will be able to spot those issues and hopefully fix them soon, at least the vast majority should now be documented.

I also add a few images

1650010826279.png

More artefact fight

1650027923618.png

1650239432162.png

Missing parts of Title "e" = ??' or "e" that should not be here

1650036670400.png

not translated?

1650045300644.png

(spear) => this is not translated to german

1650045520326.png

Artifact repair event

1650092717014.png

something is wrong here ')]

1650093528677.png

Something wrong at "Dank er Händler" (probably missing d => der)

1650094021560.png

something missing: "hinter ihnen; sind dem"

1650094495738.png

the description text is terrible. who does translate this? (for sure not a native german speaker. but if he is, then fire him!)
if this is not a human translation (what i hope): please try DeepL deepl.com instead with full sentence, and not word by word

1650095089890.png

the description text is terrible. (see above), and there is something wrong " , Freundchen,, . "
Please rework all description text for artefacts! i dont want to list them all here.

1650095923843.png

first paragraph "... und ---- fortfuhr ..." is terrible it looks unfinished or has at least a space to much between die and fortfuhr

1650104899692.png

1650388490699.png

missing letters "e Bildungswert" => should probably be "Der Bildungswert"

1650114087068.png

some content is missing: Schwester schwor, and sentence is not ended

1650124615590.png

Missing/incorrect Tooltip

1650266140756.png

missing key tooltip : at "North Germanic legacies" > "Adventure"

1650290215987.png

1651345270095.png

"euer" is lowercase instead of beginning with a uppercase letter "Euer"

1650290556208.png

Missing key

1650451186197.png

Tooltip: what she create is missing

1651306972180.png

inside the heading/title is say what is lost, but on details it only says "hat verloren"

1651344796304.png

Aussätziger is the trait name of the desiese but can not used like that in this sentence "Aussatz" would be correct

1651347060928.png

Tooltip: Missing where she is send to

1651348946071.png

should be "Monatliche" instead of "Monatliches" (and of course/ sadly the artefact description text is as bad as most other)

1651349664701.png

something is wrong here: it should be "Ich muss eure Berufung" (and it should not be "von Der Byzantinisches")

1651351039546.png

Missing Detail/Description Text

1651351756425.png

it should be "Meine Schwester" not "Mein Schwester"

1651352008340.png

"Fettleibig" and "fettleibig" one time uppercase first letter onc not

1651352992324.png

"Mein Begünstigte" should be "Meine Begünstigte" because she is a woman

1652024912701.png

i dont know what title should say but there is something wrong at "bei ... Neffe"

1652125400454.png

Title should be all singular "Kein Schultheiss", or all plural "Keine Schutlheisse" (i dont have the correct sign for the ss on my keyboard)

1652220767903.png

at the tooltip ist is only a (_action)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
then more i protocol, the more disappointed i am :(:mad:

is every localization is as bad as german? (or can we even consider ouerselve as lucky, because others worse than that)

honestly is there no native speaker responsible for the translation, and the control that bad?

is this enough to look deeply at the translation again or did we need to list everything? (for example the artefacts description would be a perceived endless list)

Last edited:
then more i protocol, the more disappointed i am :(:mad:

is every localization is as bad as german? (or can we even consider ouerselve as lucky, because others worse than that)

honestly is there no native speaker responsible for the translation, and the control that bad?

is this enough to look deeply at the translation again or did we need to list everything? (for example the artefacts description would be a perceived endless list)
Totally agree with you. The more I pay attention to this stuff, the more I find.
I also just added a few more cases to my original post.
I also don't understand how the other hotfixes provided fixes for other languages, but those issues in German were completely overlooked.

What bothers me the most is the dynasty/house banners, the Name of the dynasty/house is missing if it gets created during the game, and looks like "-banner"

• 2Like
Reactions:
What bothers me the most is the dynasty/house banners, the Name of the dynasty/house is missing if it gets created during the game, and looks like "-banner"
There is a mod in the Steam Workshop called "Deutschkorrektur" who fix this bug, but you can rename your dynasty banner always and the banners from other dynasties when you capture it or by editing the save file.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Since this seems to be the place to put any issues with the German localisation, I want to add a few things as well.
CK3_1.png

I changed my cultural traditions and could not fit Garden Architects in there anymore, but had already built tier two of this building in my capital. Was not able to build tier three and the tooltip didn't really help because the localisation was missing. So I tried to find the reason myself and the realised, it was the now missing tradition.
CK3_2.png

I think this was already mentioned a few times here, but artifact localisation does not really work - especially for books.
CK3_3.png

Tooltip for abandoning the event does not exist.
CK3_4.png

Literally no information how guests will be affected. I think, I saw a few other events like this, where the guest information was missing, but I am not 100% sure, unfortunately.
CK3_5.png

Looks like the issue with artifacts, but this seems to be about some location?

Attachments

• CK3_6.png
    CK3_6.png
    6,2 MB · Views: 0
  • CK3_7.png
    CK3_7.png
    5,9 MB · Views: 0
  • CK3_8.png
    CK3_8.png
    3,7 MB · Views: 0
  • CK3_9.png
    CK3_9.png
    6,2 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
CK3_6.png

Same as with abandoning the hold court event.
CK3_7.png

Again artifacts...
CK3_8.png

This "missing key" is there since I started playing CK3 - which was in Feb 2021 - so at least since 1.2... This is probably a similar issue to the missing key in "Dezentralisierte Herrschaft" that helveticadomes already posted about in this thread.
CK3_9.png

Another missing key

Something else, that can be seen in a few screenshots from the original post by TheKnoedelbert, is that the tooltip, when hovering over a county, shows "Gelände: <Name of holding>" instead of "Gelände: <Terrain type>".

• 1Like
Reactions:
Also, you cannot see what your opponent did in their turn during a duel - except when in debug mode:
2022_04_01_4.png

In debug mode it shows the colourful "GERINGER Anstieg der/des" stuff.
2022_04_01_5.png

With debug mode off this turns into "er" without the colourful word describing the amount and also without the words "Anstieg der/des" probably because the game cannot handle German having two different articles here (der for 2nd case feminine and des for 2nd case neutral), which seems to be a reoccuring problem (see the Euch/Ihr stuff for example).

• 1Like
Reactions:
While we're at it, it always bothered me, that some of the game rules don't fit in their respective space which sometimes makes it kinda hard to understand what they do.
2022_04_20_1.png
2022_04_20_2.png
2022_04_20_3.png
2022_04_20_4.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
If we keep this up, this will soon be the longest thread in the bug report forum, and then hopefully somebody will HAVE to work on it in earnest. :)

Innovation_description2.png
Sense does not this make description (if you get me. ;))

artifact_name.PNG
Most of the the artifacts are named like this, book of good, tapestry of awesome or something.

missing _content.PNG
No content on this dialogue option. I assume it is a "decline" option.

I will hunt for more that have not been provided here yet...

• 3Like
Reactions:
I found two more things I want to report:
CK3_10.png

The name of a cat is never displayed at certain points in the "Pet Cat" decision - you can still see it in the flavour text - while the name of a dog is displayed (see the decision above).
Edit: In debug mode it looks like this:
CK3_10b.png

CK3_11.png

Another "missing key" and the description for characters is always messed up if the have some relation to you, but are at another court. In this example it should say: "Sohn von Euch, Gode von Earl Whatever und Hofarzt von Earl Whatever" the "von Euch/Ihr" is for some reason always at the end and makes it rather confusing when it is only referring to the first point like here.

Edit: Found another thing:
CK3_12.png

It says "unter" instead of "über" here, which would imply that the court is below the expected grandeur level, while it is actually above. The text below however gets it right.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
executioner.PNG
3rd option is not described correctly, there's a missing "als". As it is it means keep the executioner busy (by killing this prisoner), not making the prisoner your new executioner.

header_incomplete.PNG
The header "gute Emir" is neither complete nor grammatically correct.

EDIT:
somuchwrong.PNG
The text has the wrong gender, has to be "Mein". The name of the action "Beinflussen Nana ..." is questionably silly put like this. Of the two given options only 1 is a full sentence including capital first letter.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Thou shalt not make double-posts, I know, but in this case I feel the need to continue to drive home the point of this thread, therefore we continue:

gender2.PNG
Must be "Das" Kaiserreich, wrong gender once more.

gender3.PNG
Aaaand once more wrong gender, now the other way around. Happens very often, that husbands are addressed as wife and vice versa. Fun fact: The pronoun "Mein" at least is correct here, male version.

missing_words.PNG
We will never know the true title of this event...

Stammes.PNG
"Stammes" is not a German word at all. References to tribal realms must not be done like this.

CustomLoc.PNG
Another CustomLoc not used correctly, like so many of them, maybe somebody forgot to include them or activate them?

• 4Like
Reactions:
weaving.PNG
A very good example how incoherent some event texts are. The first "sentence" is ... well ... bad? Several words seem to be missing. I also strongly suspect that calling the guy "Weaver" (as in last name) just because he currently has a weaving inspiration is not intended.

• 3Like
Reactions: