• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheKnoedelbert

Recruit
Mar 27, 2022
Short summary of your issue
German Localization full of issues

Game Version
1.5.1.1, 1.6.0

What OS are you playing on?

Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

What DLC do you have installed?
Royal Court

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
The German Localization has so many issues since 1.5:
- Fund inspiration is missing all artifact strings
- Some court events (in Hold Court) are missing their whole text, only one or two sentences are there that don't make sense at all
- Various grammar issues concerning gender (his/her used wrong)
- Artifacts having their names mixed up if they are of good quality, for example "Schwert von Gut", "Insignien von Gut"
I wasn't sure which of those are already known, but since the two hotfixes didn't provide any changes for that, I wanted to report them here.
Edit: I added many more examples for faulty texts.
Edit2: Added even more examples
Edit3: Added more, including the missing content in the Hold-Court-Event and a misaligned Prestige Icon
Edit4: Added "Missing key" and "Feuer" (which should be "Feuern" or "Entlassen", which would fit even better)
Edit5: Added Missing Text when finding out that someone already is a witch

Please also pay attention to the replies of this report, as many people kindly added more issues. Feel free to collect any German-related issues here.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

(Full image shows when clicking on it)

Crusader Kings III Screenshot 2022.03.27 - 11.04.13.62.png
"Insignien von Gut"
Crusader Kings III Screenshot 2022.03.27 - 11.07.03.77.png
All inspirations have broken artifact type names
ArtifactNameMissing.png
"hat niedrige Haltbarkeit" -> The name of the artifact is clearly missing here
CustomLoc1.png
again, the artifact name is missing and replaced with the "CustomLoc"... string
CustomLoc2.png
Same as above
LowerCaseEuer.png
"euer" should be "Euer", because it's the begin of a sentence
MissingDetails.png
Empty textbox, some details are missing here
MissingWord.jpg
"ähnlich wie !" -> apparently, a word is missing here
CustomLoc4.png
again CustomLoc, some loc string is missing here
CustomLoc3.png
and again
MissingContent.png
Notifications on the right are missing their details
MissingName.png
" wurde vom Papst exkommuniziert" -> the name of the character is missing here
CompleteContentMissing.png
"Mein Ratsmarschall selbstbewusst" is not a sentence, also it looks like some text is missing here, as the event doesn't make sense
HalfSentenceMissing.png
" auf, eine Weile..." -> the first half of this sentence is missing here
MisalignedPrestige.png
The prestige icon is misaligned in the tooltip
Feuer_instead_of_Feuern.png
"Feuer", but it should say "Feuern". But "Entlassen" would be even better (more formal)
MissingKey.png
Missing Key
MissingText.png
Missing text, as I busted the pope doing witchcraft

I have attached a save game
No

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Updated my Post with other screenshots.

Saw this on Discord:
1651347301242.png

this bug is reported as far as i know, and not only a german problem. (text to long, english is much shorter)
But i report it here too, that it is not forgotten

STILL WAIT FOR A ANSWER to this:
is this enough to look deeply at the translation again or did we need to list everything? (for example the artefacts description would be a perceived endless list)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Just to keep this alive and relevant, I wanted to add I experienced ALL of this, have seen many of these issues being addressed before and am a bit concerned, this thread in particular, is still not answered, or marked in any way.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
It is a recurring problem, but let's document that it happens in pretty much any event there is:
nonsense.PNG
Just some (randomly?) missing words, and some letters that are no words at all.
I have a feeling I would actually bash my head on the keyboard if I ever saw the coding errors that lead to such nonsense.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Most issues about the latest royal court dlc (like missing key, artifact localization, etc) have been named already. I will expand on this thread in the hope devs will take notice.
Although I'm aware that german is a difficult language, especially with all its gendered pronouns/articles and not an easy task to code, there are numerous issues that need to be fixed because they either drive you mad or make the game simply hard to read/confusing.

01.jpg

unnecessary words or missing names...

02.jpg

present tense instead of past tense

03.jpg

missing and wrongly placed words making sentences hard to understand

05.jpg

duplicate use of personal pronouns

06.jpg

wrong translations, missing words, wrong gender of possessive pronouns

07.jpg

21.jpg

wrong conjugations

08.jpg

missing words and gender confusion

09.jpg

10.jpg

again, wrong possessive pronouns

11.jpg

more missing words and bad translations

12.jpg

missing animal names
And the excessive use of "Euch/Ihr". It's everywhere and makes my eyes bleed. Please, for the love of crist, just delete the needless "Ihr".

13.jpg

wrong use of his/her

14.jpg

almost unreadable opinion penalty descriptions for cultural acceptance
"Euch/Ihr" again...

15.jpg
wrong placement of words, wrong pronouns, "Euch/Ihr"

16.jpg

missing keys
did i mention "Euch/Ihr" already?

17.jpg

words not translated at all

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

missing names and wrong gender

22.jpg

missing words or google translate perhaps

23.jpg

*sigh*

24.jpg

bad translation

26.jpg

really bad translation

27.jpg

sometimes it's just a mess

Note: most of the screenshots were taken during one play session.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I found some more issues:
CK3_13.png
CK3_13b.png

Missing text. Debug mode reveals the error here
CK3_14.png

Missing description
CK3_15.png

Article "the" not translated to German ("Die") or just obsolete (sentence would also make sense without it)
CK3_16.png
CK3_20.png

Missing key for religious and cultural conversion
CK3_17.png
CK3_18.png

Missing text/descripiton and no capitalization of "erhält" in the bullet points in the right image
CK3_19.png
CK3_19b.png

The needed tradition is missing as well as a ")" bracket. Debug mode reveals the error
CK3_21.png

Missing name and an unnecessary space between the word "Dirne" and the quotation marks
CK3_22.png

The text implies that both courts lose opinion, while the color (and the flavor text) implies the opposite. In the other option it's the other way around.
CK3_23.png

Debug mode version of a pilgrimage event. With debug mode off this says "Dies Mann nieder" which does not make any sense in German.

Attachments

• 1653214074374.jpeg
    1653214074374.jpeg
    1,1 MB · Views: 0
Unfortunately, it looks like none of our collected problems have been fixed in 1.6.0, not even the annoying locstring bugs in the middle of texts. Extremely disappointing!
Devs, please, believe us, these things are super annoying and make some events even completely unplayable because you just don't know what the text or the choices are about.

Reactions:
Well, maybe SOME thanks are due, because it seems some work was done on the localization. But then again ... *sigh*

Adventurer no1 comes back and brings me this:
bug_fixed.PNG

Useless for me, but lo and behold, the condition has been fixed, I am now told what I am missing, a Slawic faith in this case. (Just for the sake of completeness: It should say "...zu einem ... Glauben")

Roughly a decade later, another adventurer brings me this:
bug_NOT_fixed.PNG

So close!

I have attached text files with corrections and improvements in the German language (CK3-German-Corrections.zip). Round about 2000 lines in total.

I have created a mod, but hopefully it‘s possible to integrate it into the game, so that all Germans have a better translation. And you can achieve achievements – a text mod shouldn‘t prevent that by the way, I hope you can change that.

Link to my mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2756312713

Some examples:
CK3-2.png

struggle_iberia_ending_hostility_decision_desc:0 "Es wird Zeit, dass ein starker Anführer diese Halbinsel aus dem Sumpf aus Krieg und Teilung zieht. [ROOT.Char.Custom('DE_ART_IND_G')|U] [ROOT.Char.GetFaith.GetAdjectiveNoTooltip|l][ROOT.Char.Custom('DE_END_ADJ_IND_S_N')] König[ROOT.Char.Custom('DE_END_NOU_S_GS_N')] wird Iberien unter [ROOT.Char.Custom('DE_PRO_POS_S_3P')]em Banner einen!"

→ [ROOT.Char.Custom('DE_ART_IND_N')|U]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

CK3-3.png

STRUGGLE_INVOLVEMENT_WINDOW_FAITH_DESC:0 "Dies sind die [faiths|E], die Teil des Ringens ([Struggle.GetNameNoTooltip]) sind.\nSie waren entweder beim Ursprung des [Concept('struggle', 'Ringens')|E] dabei oder wurden während des [Concept('struggle', 'Ringens')|E] geboren."

gegründet

STRUGGLE_INVOLVEMENT_WINDOW_CULTURE_DESC:0 "Dies sind die [cultures|E], die Teil des Ringens ([Struggle.GetNameNoTooltip]) sind.\nSie waren entweder beim Ursprung des [Concept('struggle', 'Ringens')|E] dabei oder wurden während des [Concept('struggle', 'Ringens')|E] geboren."
([Struggle.GetNameNoTooltip])#!"

geschaffen

CK3-4.png

child_personality.3002.desc:1 "Es gibt keinen ruhigen Moment! Mein[ROOT.GetCharacter.Custom('DE_END_PRO_S_N')] [ROOT.GetCharacter.Custom2('RelationToMe' , personality_child)] [personality_child.GetTitledFirstName] steckt so voller Fragen! Ich versuche nach Kräften, [personality_child.Custom('DE_PRO_POS_S_3P')]e Neugier zu ermutigen, doch der ständige Strom von Gedanken und Fragen treibt mich an den Rand der Erschöpfung."

→ [personality_child.Custom('DE_END_PRO_S_N')]

CK3-5.png

war_declaration_rights_allowed_desc:1 "#emphasis #bold [vassals|E]-Privileg:#!#!\nDer [vassal|E] kann den [war|E] unabhängig von der [crown_authority|E] des [Concept('liege', 'Lehnsherrn')|E] erklären.\nDer [vassal|E] zahlt #high [EmptyScope.ScriptValue('war_declaration_rights_allowed_cost_reduction_tooltip')0] %#! weniger für [casus_bellis|E] innerhalb des [Concept('realm', 'Reiches')|E]\n\n#flavor Der [vassal|E] muss kein [hook|E] einsetzen, wenn die [crown_authority|E] des [Concept('liege', 'Lehnsherrn')|E] ihn daran hindert, Krieg zu führen. Diese Sonderbehandlung macht es auch leichter für den [vassal|E], Kriege innerhalb des [Concept('realm', 'Reiches')|E] zu erklären, sodass die Kosten dafür um #high [EmptyScope.ScriptValue('war_declaration_rights_allowed_cost_reduction_tooltip')0] %#! sinken.#!"

→ [EmptyScope.ScriptValue('war_declaration_rights_allowed_cost_reduction_tooltip')|0] %#!

[Concept('vassal', 'Vasallen')|E]

→ [EmptyScope.ScriptValue('war_declaration_rights_allowed_cost_reduction_tooltip')|0] %#! sinken.#!"

Attachments

• CK3-German-Corrections.zip
    220,6 KB · Views: 0
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Next round of annoyances. Saw a mod somewhere referring to this thread, so apparently it's being read, sadly still not commented.

The most Yoda-ish of translations ever observed:
Yoda.PNG
In this first sentence absoutely nothing is correct, apart from that by itself every word is German.

And then I created the Holy Roman Empire for the first time:
HRE.PNGnooooooooo.PNG
You can't really translate this error into English, but in German the endingw of words sometimes depend on what comes before. So "Heiliges Römisches Reich" would be correct if said/written alone, but together with "Das" it must be "Das Heilige Römische Reich".
Also, please remove every single instance of "von das"/"von dem" etc in the game. No German in the history of German has even spoken or written like that (although I am not absolutely sure that it's technically wrong).

Also, I find it quite sad that other posts mentioning minor typos in English get immediately confirmed, but we still haven't. Maybe somebody could explain the reasons for that? Did we do something wrong (like the discord policy "no editing or your post is ignored"?

We just can hope that they've seen it and work on it, but its still a shame that noone marked it as confirmed or whatsoever...
Also, I find it quite sad that other posts mentioning minor typos in English get immediately confirmed, but we still haven't. Maybe somebody could explain the reasons for that? Did we do something wrong (like the discord policy "no editing or your post is ignored"?

At least the Members of the community team @PDX-Nicou @PDX-Trinexx @PDX_Pariah should be aware of this thread because of a DM (on monday)

Maybe somebody could explain the reasons for that?
ich glaube sie haben denjenigen der für die deutsche Übersetzung verantwortlich war gefeuert, und bisher noch keinen ersatz gefunden ;)
daher gibt es bei ihnen niemanden mehr der die bugs bestätigen kann die unsere Sprache betreffen :eek::(

and, yes, this post is deliberately written half in german, because the one who should take care of this problem should understand it
please communicate with us

• 2Like
Reactions:
At least the Members of the community team ... and, yes, this post is deliberately written half in german, because the one who should take care of this problem should understand it
please communicate with us
Just in case someone deletes this
2022-06-17 14_55_38-Clipboard.png

Reactions: