• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Or maybe his renown comes from being alive on a battlefield despite the blindness?

Today's entry in "History they don't teach you at school"; the Irish colonisation of Croatia.
ck2_187.png

• 4Haha
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Do we still use this thread to show off our favorite characters? Because Wales is not likely to see another ruler like this again. I almost agreed to betroth her to some God-forsaken mudhole in Iberia but looked at her stats and thought "Let's see how she turns out..." She became my nominated heir on her 16th birthday:

55D0486C881FA2D18D670780929C5DFACEEBB121

This woman founded a Kingdom from the tattered remains of three Duchies in the year of our Lord 935. She picked up Flanker in the field, led an army into battle while pregnant, and fought several battles and led the sieges of Acre and Jerusalem during the First Crusade. She used the loot apportioned by His Holiness to found the University of Caernarfen in 952. Too bad she never made the history books.

• 5Like
Reactions:
View attachment 764490

I don't think I've ever seen a simultaneous crusade and jihad for the same kingdom before.
Join! :D [edit: oops you're pagan :p] That looks like even more of a saloon fight than a regular Crusade or Jihad.

I saw Amalfi get hit with simultaneous Jihads for Africa from Sunni and Shiite Caliphs. Forget which won but the merchant hooligans (who had a very large army) lost.

[edit] dang, Byzzies broke up in your game. In mine (also 11th century) they'e still together but the Catholic Church has problems (Lost the last crusade and heretics! Heretics everywhere!)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
He never became King. :(

DE56FFEF82F010E6430E1E4EC74D2CC996A47D16

His Mother, who was impressive herself (Strong, Shrewd, Ambitious, Diligent etc.) lived to be 77 and passed the crown to a Grandson as he had become Infirm and Lunatic before she died. He was still by far the best General in the realm and stayed on as Marshal until he became bedridden:

6B251A77B29E9E9E7B5F425FE732AED9E5491A7D

• 4Like
Reactions:
20211106132438_1.jpg

A different take on Anatolian history.

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Kievan Rus, home to some pretty innovative power sharing arrangements.

(I just conquered d_volhynia and I think Berimir was the regent of that, but the High Chief became independent because, eh, CK2 can be weird like that.)
ck2_235.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
(I just conquered d_volhynia and I think Berimir was the regent of that, but the High Chief became independent because, eh, CK2 can be weird like that.)
I am pretty sure I've picked up an extra commander that way and would have one more than I would normally be allowed to have. I think you would have only to conquer Berimir as a vassal and he joins you still doing his old job.

Yeah it's CK3 but it was too good to leave behind:

1638206809545.png

• 5Haha
Reactions:
1638441317059.png

All the Green are Islamic nations. There are a bunch more Islamic nations (like Bukhal and Syria). This picture only shows the ones in a defensive pact against me.

The AI entirely did this. I have been catholic the entire game and actively fighting against the Muslims. I will go over a brief history of how this happened:
1: The Nomadic Tengri kingdom of Bukhal, which used to rule over Bulgaria, successfully toppled the Empire of Byzantium. The ruler then settled in Byzantium, creating a large Tengri Byzantine empire.
2: a Jihad got called against Tengri Byzantium, and the ruler converted to Islam. A while later, a jihad on Bulgaria was undertaken, which also resulted in a conversion.
3: a child of Destiny was born in Muslim Pommerania by the name of Abdul-Qadir. He launched a 20-year campaign that wiped out every Christian nation east of the Holy Roman Empire (currently called Aquitaine). by the end of it, he had one leg, one eye and one hand.
1638443813448.png

also, bonus image to prove that cannonised saints were indeed 2 headed mythological creatures
1638464879114.png
1638464895682.png

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
also, bonus image to prove that cannonised saints were indeed 2 headed mythological creatures
View attachment 781655View attachment 781656
If you put one on each hand and make them talk like puppets, how much penance will you have to do to stay out of Hell? :oops:

"For your service to the Holy Mother Church, I award you the foreskin of our Lord and Savior."

"I am very grateful your Holiness, but I already have one given by your predecessor."

"Oh... *tosses it in the fire* ...never mind then."

• 3Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions: