• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kzimmmy2002

Sergeant
60 Badges
Nov 2, 2015
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
E4kKHJhXMAQ-9AG.png

• 9Like
Reactions:
I am curious if there is a point where 'Clippers' usage switches to 'Steamers'

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sort of what I suspected. I think that here is where we will see things like the different grain farms differing. Like wheat being easier to mechanize then rice or something like that.

• 2Like
Reactions:

You get those as a new production method after you research high-capacity assault trawlers.

And speaking of clippers, despite the Vicky series' history with the term I'd prefer something more generic such as "sailing ship(s)" or "tall ship(s)". It's not like every ship was a clipper even in their heyday.

And thanks to OP for distributing the Twitterstuff to the Twitterless.

• 17Like
Reactions:
Given that Wiz wrote this in the tweet:
"Tomorrow's dev diary is finally going to tell you all about production methods, but as a little teaser, I want to show you one example of how production methods makes resource extraction more interesting in"
It seems almost a given that production methods will be able to change the input/employment (and even output?) of a building.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Anyone else thinks this has the potential to be a pit of annoying micromanagement?
I think they have stated that there will be a lot of automation options. My guess is there will be an option for production method could be completely AI and a less extreme decisions being countrywide. Like it will probably be optimal to slowly upgrade production method as you close clipper factories and build steamer factories, but probably not a huge enough deal that you will want to go to different port every couple days to change it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's only so much micromanagement as It is base gameplay if the game is about map-painting than developing society as its mechanic is apart of. Since were focusing primarily on "peace" instead of "war" I see this as gameplay to tune and alternate our economies as time progresses.

If you look at the top of the screenshot it states Home Counties. So either it is based on the context of Britains primary culture states or whichever countries mainland territory contiguous to the capitol.

Reactions:
It's only so much micromanagement as It is base gameplay if the game is about map-painting than developing society as its mechanic is apart of. Since were focusing primarily on "peace" instead of "war" I see this as gameplay to tune and alternate our economies as time progresses.

If you look at the top of the screenshot it states Home Counties. So either it is based on the context of Britains primary culture states or whichever countries mainland territory contiguous to the capitol.
Pretty sure Home Counties is just the state name for the state London is in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_counties

Reactions:
God I'm so excited. Producion methods look extremely cool to me and like they'll add some great depth. I really hope there's a good macro tool for it though so I can switch production methods for a large amount of factories at once if need be.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Anyway, what I am really interested in is the military goods aspect. From the last dev diary we saw the ammunition factory having production methods precussion cap an explosive shell. Will we have difference in manufacturing between flint locks and bolt action rifles?

Reactions:
Maybe later in the timeline you can choose to production method whale hunting and have to deal with other whale hunting navies?

Or is that about how you produce something and not what?

My guess is that Paradox sees this as part of the game. The game is economic management, so managing how you produce what you produce is part of that. Paradox wants to give you things to do and decisions to make. Do you switch your fishing industry over to steamers as soon as you discover the technology? What if the price of steamers is high and it causes many of your fishing docks to go out of business?
Exactly. For all we've seen so far Vic 3 is on track to have a more advanced economy and economic mechanics than Vic 2.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Let me just say this though folks, it's nice to see the Clippers be useful for something *laugh track plays*

• 7Haha
Reactions:
My guess is that Paradox sees this as part of the game. The game is economic management, so managing how you produce what you produce is part of that. Paradox wants to give you things to do and decisions to make. Do you switch your fishing industry over to steamers as soon as you discover the technology? What if the price of steamers is high and it causes many of your fishing docks to go out of business?

Oh dear, we're about to have another "spirit of the nation" argument, aren't we?

Personally, I think whaling should be a different industry.
I would love to see whaling. This could be an early possibility for oil before it is discovered on land. The amount of meat will probably be irrelevant.

It could also be a great way to balance provinces far to the north.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Little something that I noticed, this is the first look at a tooltip I believe we have gotten. These are CK3 tooltips with a different background, which I'm really happy for since I think CK3's "tooltip locking" is really nice.

• 8Like
Reactions: