[Megathread] Leviathan Release Problems

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I expected nothing else. I used to pre-order all DLCs. Then I used to buy them on the release day. Then when discounted. And now I'll never buy these subpar packs.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

• 6Like
Reactions:
I think that if PDX had any professional decency, they'd remove the DLC from the store until it's fixed. This product is unplayable and this repeated behavior of releasing untested, unfinished product is shameful.
THIS

In any case, a negative or mostly negative review on steam is incoming, so it would also spare them of further embarrassment...

This will not end well

Reactions:
And its really weird that Borneo wasteland got split into two...

eu4_4.png

...while this did not...

eu4_5.png

• 5Like
  • 5Haha
Reactions:
If the studio have problems with QA, I may be such a guy on remote. I think many player would accept that with NDA and stuff like that
They dont even need to hire QA. They can make a open/closed beta like you said and they will find without a doubt enough players who will test it for FREE.
But their current model ist even better: The players PAY to beta test.

• 14Like
Reactions:
I miss the days when missions were just that crappy little irrelevant tab (which were still loads of fun), there was no AI debt spiral, no territory corruption, no massive list of free claims and Subjugation/PU CB's, etc etc etc...

This game just feels... like a mess. A hot mess. That's what EU4 is right now. Too many things that need "cleaning", but instead more crap is just being piled on. I don't like most of these flashy new buttons. The game is just too easy these days.

Not to be a negative nancy but I am disappointed. I've always given EU4 the benefit of the doubt and always been more lenient/less critical than other people, even with Emperor, but this really is just flat out taking the p*ss.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Coastal Defence and Naval Battery now block slave raids. I did some tests and apparently one Coastal Defence or Naval Battery block all slave raids everywhere. So if you build one in Sevilla and nothing more your entire coast is safe. In Aragon, America everywhere.
Secound thing, if I want to join the HRE as Hungary I cannot join because the capital needs to be at the HRE Border. That is stupid. So I need to relocate my capital from Pest near to Wien .... come on ...

• 31Haha
  • 3Like
Reactions:
The only way things would change for the EU 4 team is if they don't get enough money from this DLC. The reviews were also bad for Emperor but it was still their most sold DLC in the first days.

So if we want this to change, just don't buy the DLC.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm glad I backed up my 1.30.6 game folder before updating.

I've got all the expansions upto and including Emperor But from now on just put me down for just the free updates. Except the quality of the free updates...

Just abit sad to be honest.

Last edited:
Reactions:
The only way things would change for the EU 4 team is if they don't get enough money from this DLC. The reviews were also bad for Emperor but it was still their most sold DLC in the first days.

So if we want this to change, just don't buy the DLC.
Don't buy it, get a refund if you did and report it to Steam as a broken product because it does not run correctly. It currently crashes often even on launch.

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    172,5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Why don't you want a product to work properly the first time you buy it?

That is a strawman argument. Of course I want a product to work when I first buy it, but unless you get something as simple as "hello world" it is virtually impossible to have a product work perfectly on release. Again, as I said, I would rather the software is attacked, not the development team, regardless of where they are positioned in the company.

I should not take 10 QA to see that Sikhism does not have assets.
Perhaps so. But then, we don't know what they were given to test. I won't defend the patch and how it was received, and I don't think I've done that either, but I will defend individuals. When I send my QA on a testing round, I split them up, and I have each team test a singular aspect at a time, then how said aspect interacts with another, rinse and repeat until everything we can think of has been tested. Even then bugs get found after releases, so we have to hotfix and patch, test, rinse, repeat.

QA seems to be as abstract as Muhammed pbuh because we have no records of what they look like
Ok that made me burst out laughing, NGL.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I just don't get it. Do they expect EU5 to sell well when they do that kind of stuff on the regular? Broken releases, taking your customers for granted, empty promises... Baffling.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Where is the line between criticism and personal attack?
Basically, it’s all about venting off steam; for your opinion to be acknowledged as critique you have to either be very open and honest about the emotional part of your message “while typing this sentence I feel x because y” or disguise said part with passive aggressive, yet socially accepted standard phrases like “unfortunately, your product or service does not meet my demands.”

If you feel too uncomfortable with former while being too inexperienced at lattter the worst case scenario will happen as you will either remain silent or you will clumsily pick words that are not openly but implicitly describing your inevitable emotions, and this is usually not socially accepted.

This being said, I didn’t get the chance to try Leviathan yet, and I doubt that I ever will, I just love lurking here around.

• 1Like
Reactions: