• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

dedd

Corporal
19 Badges
Aug 13, 2017
  • Knights of Honor
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
Not sure if this has been posted before but i tried my best with 0 result which is why i am posting this.
Anyway, this game is a sort of mix between eu4 and vicky 2 if you ask me and one of the most fun and first things i checked out when i discovered eu4 was the custom nations tool. I see why not this could not be implemented in the current state of the game and i think infact that it will benefit the game quite a bit since it will solve the problem of players not really having any countries to play as. In the custom nations creation menu you can customize the standard like in eu4: name, flag, namelist, culture, city gfx and unit gfx.Families i think should be either generated randomly or you can customize your starting leader or starting family like in stellaris but a little more in depth maybe.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Why? This is an absolutely awesome idea!

You think it is an awsesome idea. Which is perfectly right and I respect that. The issue is just that others might have a different view. You might ask "But why are they against it? Would it hurt someone? No one has to use it?" and yes, there is no direct harm done...but sadly implementing this takes up development ressources and that is why I'm against adding it, because I wouldn't use it, but wanting other stuff. I can't speak for other and maybe someone else has different objections, but I could imagine that I'm not the only one coming from here with his/her disagree.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions:
You think it is an awsesome idea. Which is perfectly right and I respect that. The issue is just that others might have a different view. You might ask "But why are they against it? Would it hurt someone? No one has to use it?" and yes, there is no direct harm done...but sadly implementing this takes up development ressources and that is why I'm against adding it, because I wouldn't use it, but wanting other stuff. I can't speak for other and maybe someone else has different objections, but I could imagine that I'm not the only one coming from here with his/her disagree.
Yes, this is exactly my reservation too - adding in fantasy things just feels like something that can be handled with mods, rather than the actual game developers. I see the appeal of a slicker way of doing it in the base game, but that really is an end-of-life-cycle bonus to add to a game for me.

• 2Like
Reactions:
im not opposed to it and if it came eventually i'd probably use it from time to time but i mean im just under 800 hours in eu4 and i have used their custom kingdom feature maybe 10 of those hours so it's not something i'm dying for myself.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The only usefull result I personally (according to my playstyle) see in this is the possibility to "repair" tags that are not represented accuratelly. (e. g. Taurisci at the Danube instead of southeast of the Alps, lack of historically important tags at cca 300BC like the lack of Autariatae etc)

The only usefull result I personally (according to my playstyle) see in this is the possibility to "repair" tags that are not represented accuratelly. (e. g. Taurisci at the Danube instead of southeast of the Alps, lack of historically important tags at cca 300BC like the lack of Autariatae etc)
But even then, it would be easier to do it with a mod.
and even better, convince the devs to fix them in the setup for all players.

Reactions: