• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

dedd

Corporal
1 Badges
Aug 13, 2017
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
Not sure if this has been posted before but i tried my best with 0 result which is why i am posting this.
Anyway, this game is a sort of mix between eu4 and vicky 2 if you ask me and one of the most fun and first things i checked out when i discovered eu4 was the custom nations tool. I see why not this could not be implemented in the current state of the game and i think infact that it will benefit the game quite a bit since it will solve the problem of players not really having any countries to play as. In the custom nations creation menu you can customize the standard like in eu4: name, flag, namelist, culture, city gfx and unit gfx.Families i think should be either generated randomly or you can customize your starting leader or starting family like in stellaris but a little more in depth maybe.

• 3Like
Reactions:

Herennius

Optimat
28 Badges
Mar 25, 2012
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pride of Nations
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
Why? This is an absolutely awesome idea!
You think it is an awsesome idea. Which is perfectly right and I respect that. The issue is just that others might have a different view. You might ask "But why are they against it? Would it hurt someone? No one has to use it?" and yes, there is no direct harm done...but sadly implementing this takes up development ressources and that is why I'm against adding it, because I wouldn't use it, but wanting other stuff. I can't speak for other and maybe someone else has different objections, but I could imagine that I'm not the only one coming from here with his/her disagree.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions:

Bovrick

First Lieutenant
9 Badges
Aug 18, 2019
You think it is an awsesome idea. Which is perfectly right and I respect that. The issue is just that others might have a different view. You might ask "But why are they against it? Would it hurt someone? No one has to use it?" and yes, there is no direct harm done...but sadly implementing this takes up development ressources and that is why I'm against adding it, because I wouldn't use it, but wanting other stuff. I can't speak for other and maybe someone else has different objections, but I could imagine that I'm not the only one coming from here with his/her disagree.
Yes, this is exactly my reservation too - adding in fantasy things just feels like something that can be handled with mods, rather than the actual game developers. I see the appeal of a slicker way of doing it in the base game, but that really is an end-of-life-cycle bonus to add to a game for me.

• 2Like
Reactions:

Jiben

Captain
Jul 1, 2015
im not opposed to it and if it came eventually i'd probably use it from time to time but i mean im just under 800 hours in eu4 and i have used their custom kingdom feature maybe 10 of those hours so it's not something i'm dying for myself.

• 1Like
Reactions:

Marcus Pica

First Lieutenant
32 Badges
Dec 8, 2018
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Prison Architect
The only usefull result I personally (according to my playstyle) see in this is the possibility to "repair" tags that are not represented accuratelly. (e. g. Taurisci at the Danube instead of southeast of the Alps, lack of historically important tags at cca 300BC like the lack of Autariatae etc)

Jan 4, 2020
The only usefull result I personally (according to my playstyle) see in this is the possibility to "repair" tags that are not represented accuratelly. (e. g. Taurisci at the Danube instead of southeast of the Alps, lack of historically important tags at cca 300BC like the lack of Autariatae etc)
But even then, it would be easier to do it with a mod.
and even better, convince the devs to fix them in the setup for all players.

Reactions: