• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I take it this means there's some modularity around buildings appearing on the map? Are there any plans to expand this out to including regular buildings in city sprawl/settlement buildings on the map?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Will it be the last building to get destryed, in case a city is looted? Becuse in your screenshot it seems to be the first building int he building list, meaning that it'd be first to be destroyed, if I'm not mistaken, meaning that somebody looting the city and taking away just 1 pop could have it destroy if you've build to the building limit and that 1 pop brings you below a total population of a whole multiple of ten. That seems undesirable if true. Imho the great wonders should be last to be automatically destroyed when the building limit decreases due to falling pop numbers.
I'd hope it wouldn't be automatically destroyed at all, even if the area is depopulated.

Reactions:
Reactions:
Sadly this isn't my thing at all.
I was hoping for some improvements to the (base) game mechanics, which are needed badly!
This patch/dlc is like painting a car, whose engine is broken.
As we have essentially been told. The main team in Stockholm are the ones working on the core game systems and the general improvement you and we all are looking for. This team was never working on that section so major game mechanic changes were never going to happen.

• 6Like
Reactions:
On the one hand, I like the free content update since it gives wonders a purpose and adds new events that are always welcome, but on the other hand I'm not a fan of the builder tool... I guess it's down to a player's choice whether to play an historical game or go full casual.

Finally, not alllowing us to change the name of any character or family in the game but giving us the option to build fictional wonders it's quite a "paradox", don't you think?

• 4Haha
Reactions:
I personally feel like one building slot is not enough, perhaps two or three to represent how big, both literally and figurativly, these things are.

Also is there going to be other things with the update / dlc like mission trees? I feel like Egypt and Kush fit the theme pretty well so trees for them could make sense.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Is this it? I mean, great addition and good for flavour and roleplaying but...
At least I hope that this will be launched soon and 1.7 before the year ends.

• 4Like
Reactions:
In general, what other features will there be in this new patch? So I can moderate my expectations - these are neat features but I dont think it would bring players back in.

Is there going to be an overview of all the things that is going to be in this patch?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think this got overhyped quite a bit with the teased stuff :p. GW's isn't something Imperator really "needs" but def a nice bonus and the fact that you can make custom ones is going to be a fun small thing for some (I do like it). Makes sense that they saw it as a safe and easy thing to work on in parallel but also not the most mindblowing thing.

Guess we'll see how it works for actual mechanics and how much variation there is. But frankly, even if it's the best GW system to date I don't think it'd be massively impactful due to how end-gamey and optional it is but hey, guess we'll see. I thought the religious system was cool (even if it too didn't massively change and improve the game that much overall).

Personally I'd saliviate more about a building / economy / trade improvement or even the new subject interaction stuff that was showed before. And all the crazy and optimistic dreams of having some fancy Cities: Skylines in a city viewer / builder did actually sound pretty cool even if it was really unlikely.

Anyway, will be fun to see more and I'll probably still get it and aim to make the prettiest empire ever.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I don't understand the priorities of the I:R team. If we assume that this patch will be quite similar to the Great Work patch of CK2, and that assumption is correct, how much time does the I:R team think the average player player spent interacting, or even caring about, great works during a full playthrough? God, I hope I'm wrong, but unless you've held back quite a bit of information, it sounds a lot like you've had the entire Malmø team spend 9 months on something we'll spend a couple of minutes (at most) playing around with.

• 4Like
Reactions:
In my opinion, a very positive change! I would like to see more new Wonders of the World: the Delphic Oracle, the Zeus-Amun oracle, the Temple of Solomon, the Athenian Acropolis, the Egyptian temples in Thebes, Abu-Simbel, the ruins of Persepolis... You can finally add the figure of the Great Sphinx to the model of the Pyramids. Ideally, I would like to see a full-fledged Fayum oasis with the complex of Amenhotep III and the lake Mareotide, but I understand that I am asking a lot.

• 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
A city builder? Like Caesar 3 within the I:R game itself? That would never happen. What developer has stopped working on their own game so they can add in a completely different game of a different genre within it?

People talk about about a city builder, because in the last DD the devs teased that it was a never seen feature and we know it was about the buildings/monuments. Therefore people (me) expected that you could interact with buildings in a new way, like arranging your capital etc..

turns out it is a neat, but small feature

• 8Like
Reactions:
Personally, the great personalized works seem like a great addition and something I really wanted to try.

The goal of Imperator Rome is to be a builder of civilizations and this helps a lot to go in that direction.
Nice job.

As someone has previously commented this is a small part of the changes the new patch will introduce, so we should see a lot of other great and minor things in the coming weeks.

• 7Like
Reactions:
So the "unprecedented change" you've spent the last 9 months on is literally just CK2 Great Works (but only for 1 building type) with a 3D addition. You're charging us for a dumbed down version of what the CK team gave for free.

• 15Like
Reactions:
I think this was a bit overhyped, just a bit... ;)

• 6Like
Reactions:
This is a fine addition, but it's just really, really tiny. You mentioned there was a team working on this for 9 months earlier. I'm not saying that team didn't work hard and I don't know the realities of game development, but I just want to tell you that as a player, this feels astronomically below what I would expect from that. You have to think more carefully about the messaging around stuff like this. This update is making me more convinced that no significant development resources are going to the game and that big updates will not be happening in the future...

• 4Like
Reactions: