• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Greetings from all of us in the CK3 team!

The game is finally released, and what a journey it has been! It’s truly humbling to see something that we’ve worked on for so long, and poured so much of our passion into, finally out in the wild. We’re overjoyed with the response we’ve gotten so far, it’s great that so many of you seem to enjoy the game. The amount of stories and experiences already being shared is nothing but mind-boggling, and lots of them are circulating throughout the team, putting many smiles upon our faces (especially all the memes!). We in the team wish to extend a grand ‘thank you’ to all of you for making this launch so fantastic.

In the near future we’ll be looking at collecting and addressing as many of your issues as we can. The upcoming patch (release date TBD) is a mix of improvements that didn't make it into the release (including some really fancy UI upgrades!), and bug fixes based on your feedback. Patch notes will be posted closer in time to when the patch will be released. If you have an issue, make sure to report it here so that it’s sure to be looked at!

In the next few weeks there will be no Dev Diaries, as we’ll focus our efforts on working with the feedback we’re getting from all of you. When something of interest happens, we’ll of course be back! Until then, please keep enjoying the game, sharing your stories, and shaping the world to your liking!

Steam Discussions isn't here (and terrible to navigate anyway), and I only occasionally dip into the subforums (mostly when reporting a bug myself). I haven't seen a single thread on the main forum about it, while it's probably the issue where people are most likely to make a thread on the main forum if they encounter it.

Well, there is a special, bugs and support dedicated subforum. I dont really care why ppl dont post their pain with crashes in main forum.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've only played a few hours, but I'm looking forward to future content & updates.

Reactions:
Is it wrong that I also feel proud of CK3?
It's not that I contributed in making the game or anything, but I've been with Crusader Kings series since the very start.
The journey which started over 15 years ago is still ongoing. While CK3 is still in it's infant phase, it still feels like a great game. Yeah, yeah...there are many quirks and issues with it right now, but those will go away as the game matures.
Like with previous CK games, I am more than willing to follow the development and this maturing process. I am still there to criticize and throw temper tantrums over silly stuff, but that is only because I care about the series which has given me so much enjoyment over the years.
Thank you. And congrats!

• 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
My number one wish is the issues thing being possible to split, I want to know about assigning guardians, marriages, etc. in separate notifications, I think most people would appreciate this

Reactions:
I'm a bit disappointed that some of us here don't know basic savoir-vivre and bring their complaints to a celebratory thread. Guys, there's whole sections on these forums dedicated to voicing your concerns. Please be courteous and keep bug reports and similar out of this thread. Regardless of whatever it is that bugs you, PI has worked extremely hard for literal years to bring us this fantastic release. Let's celebrate with them for a minute, shall we.

Reactions:
How is it possible for someone to be this entitled? The devs don't owe you anything.
They kinda owe us a functioning game, which crusader Kings of Jerusalem constantly flipping to Islam, religion not working properly, and tribals being OP stops it being so

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm a bit disappointed that some of us here don't know basic savoir-vivre and bring their complaints to a celebratory thread. Guys, there's whole sections on these forums dedicated to voicing your concerns. Please be courteous and keep bug reports and similar out of this thread. Regardless of whatever it is that bugs you, PI has worked extremely hard for literal years to bring us this fantastic release. Let's celebrate with them for a minute, shall we.
As they snatched defeat from the Jaws of victory, non

Reactions:

Customers are allowed to voice concerns even in the thread you apparently unilaterally have declared to be the ""celebratory thread""

• 23Like
Reactions:
I bet you guys are filled with pride with just how well CK3 is doing on steam alone :D

You deserve all the praise and it's heartwarming to see all the hard work pay off. Especially with being in steams top 10 which is quite the accomplishment.

You deserve it, congratulations. Keep it up.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Look forward to seeing how they use the feedback to shape the game some more, as well as picking up on some of the constructive criticism on things which could be perhaps tweaked or fixed. Good to see the game getting such a positive response. 60 hours played in a week is a bit wild. I blame lockdown. Or 'seclusion' as the game calls it.

Reactions:
Thank you for the game, I can say that it's probably the best release you've ever head, I'm losing myself in it! The best part is: if the game follows CK2's footsteps, it could get even better and better!

Reactions:
This is literally the first time I hear about any crash at all, and I've been on these forums all week when not playing.

Nah theres quite a few crashes, i've beem hit with them quite a few time aswell, and if you browse through the bug reports on this here youll find a fair amount of crash reports

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thanks for the great work and congrats!

Please consider releasing a faster patch for fixing glaring and presumably easy problems (e.g. levies not replenishing - to avoid annoying constant clicking on raise and disband buttons; tweaking the occurance of some events; tweaking vikings expansion areas). I am fine to wait longer for things like UI improvements or complicated balance changes.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
If this is what the future looks like at Paradox, the future is really bright. I think you've delivered the penultimate paradox games experience. You have delivered an excellent platform that will enable you to deliver AAA quality titles. Congrats on really growing up with this release!

Look forward to many more years to come. Please stay true to your vision and don't become too AAA in the future. Keep that balance of AAA production levels with the creative passion that is baked into the DNA of your studio.

Take care and thank you.

Reactions:
Just please fix the seduction overload and the retroactive bastardization of legitimate children.

Reactions:
This is literally the first time I hear about any crash at all, and I've been on these forums all week when not playing.

Eh, there definitely is a couple out there. Primarily an issue with the game being (from the perspective of CKII players) unexpectedly taxing on GPU. It was running perfectly fluent, but started crashing progressively more frequent until I found a mention of DX11 complaining about unresponsive GPU. Had to turn down graphics settings and the game is less crashy now.

And there were a good number of threads on game crashing during loading on both steam forums, and this one (primarily technical support / bug section).

It's neither unexpected nor an outraging number of people having those issues, but it's not none either.

• 1Like
Reactions: