• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dih

Sergeant
Mar 25, 2019
About Alec Cross, now he looks AWFUL!
alec.png

He was a handsome/charming man with gray hair.
Now he looks like a generic human Shrek!

I am really getting disappointed in the game.
It seems that the Hardsuit Labs team is more concerned with the design of women. I see more attention, more details/beauty in the female characters. (+ sexy/unique clothes)
Meanwhile all the men have deformed faces/unattractive/generic appearance and clothing.

dd.png
BeFunky Collage.png

"Female models looked like they had more attention and detail from a more objective standpoint. Most of the male models didn't really feel like they had interesting or unique clothing like some of the women did. From a subjective standpoint I just feel there were less attractive men."

Many women with attractive/hot design.
None man with attractive/hot design.
Where's the equality?
:(

Last edited:
Reactions:
I dunno man, he seem like himself to me ...
Maybe the eyebrows, and nose needs a little lifting, but what else do you want? o_O

Also it feels kinda funny, that you are "dissapointed in the game" based on one NPC. o_O

And since you are talking about atractive woman characters, how many female characters except for Elif have you seen so far? And i mean in gameplay, not in cinematic.
I have so far seen Lou (from far, so i realy dont know any details), and Ventrue blondie ... wich seem to commit crime against climate, with all that hairspray she had to use.

//edit:
In What we know so far is screenshot that show another male character ... ventrue guy (on right):
PEGI_Bloodlines_2_Come_Dance_Trailer_All_Platforms_h264_4K_(1).mp4_snapshot_00.59.482.jpg
Who seem quite good to me, same as guy in the middle (i have tendencies to call him preacher).
Also, feel free to judge me, but Samuel is charming as f**k ... even more fascinating facing fact, that he is a Nosfie. :D

Last edited:
Reactions:
I like Alec's old design better as well. Maybe the two versions are, in fact, different people? Seem odd he'd be the only one to get reworked to that extent.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I can agree that the change to Alec Cross's design from the announcement trailer is not very flattering. (That human Shrek comparison got a chuckle out of me.) Dale's design similarly changed from that trailer (again for the worse, in my subjective opinion). While I understand that the announcement trailer not only used different models but was made by a completely separate company, that doesn't really explain the difference is design. It'd be one thing if designs changed from early internal concept art to marketing, but it's clear that a lot of money and effort went into making sure that initial trailer left a lasting impression. Expectations were set, and now the perception will be that those expectations are not met. In this regard, I think it's fair to say someone dropped the ball along the way, whether that someone was from marketing or a developer.

I can empathize with you, OP. Even I would be a little bit disappointed if Elif or Lou were given a similar treatment. (Elif clearly wasn't, while Lou didn't get a decent closeup in this trailer.)

That said, I'm not sure why OP is as invested in this issue as they are. If you agree that the designs for the male characters in the first game weren't particularly appealing (which OP did), why are you so upset when this game seemingly only remains consistent in this regard? Surely, you'd know to look elsewhere if you're this discerning.

I've voiced my opinion previously when this subject was brought up by OP. Back then I remarked how balanced the attractiveness of men vs. women was based on the available information. While this design change does upset that balance in favor of the women a bit, I wouldn't change my previous assessment just yet.

Reactions:
Yeah, I gotta disagree here...
Cross is still hot in that elderly gentleman way....
And damp is tasty...

however of the females you showed pictures of I only find 1 of them outright sexy...
2 others are various shades of beautiful, but uninteresting to me...

So maybe consider that the change wasn't to make them less attractive, but simply that creating them in the game made them shift to be attractive to a different demographic than you...
Also, the change is entirely because the original video was not made in anything approaching the ingame engine, but by an entirely different company that had the working art to go from...
And games doesn't have the ability to add the same amount of details as a prerendered video made by professionals...

Reactions:
I understand your point in ensuring that the attractiveness of male and female in the game are about even. That makes sense. Unfortunately, as we all know, that isn't always the priority in most games as female attractiveness usually is always higher. I don't think we have seen enough actual game play to determine one way or another. I know people are disappointed in Cross, but I would like to see more game play to make sure that his "transformation" is truly legitimate. Also, as some have mentioned before, CGI renditions and actual game play renditions usually are different, at least in some ways. Cross' identity in all the previous images may have been made by different artists than the ones who implemented him within the game. There will always be not only a "loss in translation" but an artistic difference of opinion.

Lastly, I do hope that we continue to see some relatively unattractive males and females in the game. It may go against what we have imagined, but I think it creates more immersion as well.

• 1Love
Reactions:
It seems that the Hardsuit Labs team is more concerned with the design of women.

It may be that maybe... i dunno... the personnel at Hardsuit Labs are mostly guy but not of the kind interested in other guys? :eek:
I, for one, don't care how much the men of the game are attractive, i will not play the game for the guys :rolleyes:
Not that much for the women too, now i think of it. Elif looks great, the Malkavian lady has a mysterious charming... but i dunno. I will need to know Elif to see how much bloodthirsty and backstabber she is. That is what i found attractive on a woman, her horrible, evil personality :D

I can agree that the change to Alec Cross's design from the announcement trailer is not very flattering. (That human Shrek comparison got a chuckle out of me.) Dale's design similarly changed from that trailer (again for the worse, in my subjective opinion). While I understand that the announcement trailer not only used different models but was made by a completely separate company, that doesn't really explain the difference is design. It'd be one thing if designs changed from early internal concept art to marketing, but it's clear that a lot of money and effort went into making sure that initial trailer left a lasting impression. Expectations were set, and now the perception will be that those expectations are not met. In this regard, I think it's fair to say someone dropped the ball along the way, whether that someone was from marketing or a developer.

I can empathize with you, OP. Even I would be a little bit disappointed if Elif or Lou were given a similar treatment. (Elif clearly wasn't, while Lou didn't get a decent closeup in this trailer.)

That said, I'm not sure why OP is as invested in this issue as they are. If you agree that the designs for the male characters in the first game weren't particularly appealing (which OP did), why are you so upset when this game seemingly only remains consistent in this regard? Surely, you'd know to look elsewhere if you're this discerning.

I've voiced my opinion previously when this subject was brought up by OP. Back then I remarked how balanced the attractiveness of men vs. women was based on the available information. While this design change does upset that balance in favor of the women a bit, I wouldn't change my previous assessment just yet.
About Lou, she was not severely destroyed like Alec
Her design remains good :rolleyes:
vtm-bloodlines2-cosplay-guide-v01-5510-dfe53b.jpg

Reactions:
Damp looks exactly the same from before, save the more vampiric eyes. I'll give TC that they did seem to change Cross a bit, but it's never good to assume that an out of engine render will look the same once it's been made in engine. I can't speak to Lou, as we haven't seen a good enough in engine shot of her yet to judge, but to the point of Elif, she was already finished in engine last year when we saw the early gameplay, so there was never going to be any major changes to her to begin with. Just some tweaks at best. Ultimately it's just never good to get attached to a design until you see it in engine and in motion, as anything else will always be subject to change.

Finally to the TC, the harsh truth is that female designs being attractive will always help sell more copies than the other way around. Even with the Vampire community being fairly more diverse than a lot of others, the fact is more people will be drawn in by the female designs than the males, so those characters will always take precedence.

Last edited:
Reactions: