• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I know the non-Thumper is available from Parts, is the Thumper available from Mech Parts?

No the Thumper is a "quirk" for that Bull Shark variant so it's part of the mech. The standalone mortar equipment can be found in stores.

And yeah, the non-Thumper bull shark is already arguably the best mech in the game alongside the Atlas II and Annihilator (in terms of hardpoints and available tonnage), so no I don't think we need more variants of it.

LinkedIn comes through! - Benjamin Sherry, current HBS Producer for over a year and former Vice President of Operations for Spark::red, will be Mitch’s Tactical Officer for next week’s livestream of Mitch Plays to Win.

With Ben having been at HBS for just over a year, he may already be familiar to us as one of our esteemed @HBS_ folks. If so, I would tag you here so as to more properly welcome you to our BATTLETECH community and BattleTech Community. But in the meantime this’ll do... : )

@Prussian Havoc - Benjamin is @HBS_L8Knight, who has been posting release notes for many months. :)

And yeah, the non-Thumper bull shark is already arguably the best mech in the game alongside the Atlas II and Annihilator (in terms of hardpoints and available tonnage), so no I don't think we need more variants of it.
Well, we could use a proper 3025 variant of it, one that doesn't have an XL engine or Endo Steel. That's what I modded my M3s into... will miss all that room, hehe.

I suspect I may be in the minority but I like that idea
Mech Variants incorporating HEAVY METAL weaponry?

Then you have company in that minority, Good @NGV. Because I too would like to see such Variants. : )

But I don’t think this is meant to be.

HEAVY METAL is a Paid DLC.
Free Update 1.9 is well... free.
i don’t think these particular streams will cross any time soon. :bow:

Ah, if that's what you mean I agree. It should actually replace the non-thumper chassis which is basically a lostech mech.
Yeah, that's why I modded mine. Downgraded the AC/10s to 5s. Swapped out the LRM 5s for SRM 2s. Think maybe a heat sink or something went as well. But basically tried to keep the 4 AC, 4 missile launcher, and 4 MLs feel, while only using the tech a 3025 mech should have.

I wonder what will be the new mech variants. I hope some of them requires HM, and feature the new equipment. (similary how the 2nd Hachetman were added)

For example a NARC equipped Kintaro (KTO-19) would be great, even without the FF armor.

Possibly we get a few more Warhammer and or Marauder variants, since there were a few in 3025.

Others I would like to see :
Firestarter FS9-K, 5J and 5S Trebuchet, Grand Dragon (DRG-1G), Cataphract (CTX-2X and possibly CTF-3D as HM exclusive), Thunderbolt (TDR-5LS), Battlemaster (BLR-1S)

Sadly some of the current single variant mechs doesn't have more 3025 variants.

Well, we could use a proper 3025 variant of it, one that doesn't have an XL engine or Endo Steel. That's what I modded my M3s into... will miss all that room, hehe.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is a valid reason why we don't have a "proper" 3025 version of the mech.

I wonder what will be the new mech variants. I hope some of them requires HM, and feature the new equipment...
I share in your hopes and dreams of some up-Gunned BATTLETECH Mech Variants in Free Update 1.9... but given HEAVY METAL's Paywall this may be problematic.

So for @HBS_HighCommand , I'll repurpose a quote from President Regan, "Mr Gitelman, Tear Down This Wall!" (At least as far as HM Weapons are concerned. :bow: )

: )

...Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is a valid reason why we don't have a "proper" 3025 version of the mech.
Technically there are 3025 versions of TIMBER WOLF OmniMechs… they are just not in the Inner Sphere yet and not yet called Mad Cats. But they exist all the same... a fact my inner Smoke Jaguar cherishes and rejoices in the sure knowledge of. :bow:

As to the BULL SHARK...

Alas Clan Wolverine and its BULL SHARKs never had to weather a Technological Decline.

As to Clan Wolverine's 3025 descendants and there BULL SHARKs... well that is a BULL SHARK story that HBS has not yet shared with us. : )

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is a valid reason why we don't have a "proper" 3025 version of the mech.
Yes, and no. On one hand, it was only made how it was made. But on the other, if that were true, it should have access to all the other LosTech goodies, like DHS, which it clearly doesn't. It's pretty much meant to be an IS tech level one, something we can see lots of, and therefore, that is what it should be. It shouldn't be something that clearly outshines every other mech that we routinely see, with the exception of another mech that also cheats. And second to that, given said valid reason, it should not be as common as it is at all. It should be seen as often as an SLDF Black Knight, if even that often. But it isn't...

I thought the Bullshark is more early clantech than technically Lostech.
Which Starleague manufacturer created this?
It's origin is Wolverine with no other records - apologies if wrong as I have yet to do the story and following other info.
Seems to me this was created after the Exodus, otherwise there would be records regarding manufacturer pertaining to say SLDF even as a prototype.

It may seem semantics but has relevance, doesn't all other Lostech have origins tracked back to a Starleague-IS manufacturer.
If it is early Clan-tech, then could be argued should really be unique model with only very few MAZ , sucks if destroyed.

Last edited:
If I understand this rightly, all BULL SHARKs (Thumper and non-Thumper) have Endo-Steel and a uniquely advanced XL Engine (CT-only).

This is proven out within the game’s code as here are the BULL SHARKs built stats:

Engine: 8.5-tons
Structure: 5-tons
Gyro 3-tons
Cockpit: 3-tons
Thus 75.5T of free tonnage.

I thought the Bullshark is more early clantech than technically Lostech.
Which Starleague manufacturer created this?
It's origin is Wolverine with no other records - apologies if wrong as I have yet to do the story and following other info.
Seems to me this was created after the Exodus, otherwise there would be records regarding manufacturer pertaining to say SLDF even as a prototype.

It may seem semantics but has relevance, doesn't all other Lostech have origins tracked back to a Starleague-IS manufacturer.
If it is early Clan-tech, then could be argued should really be unique model with only very few MAZ , sucks if destroyed.
045C6B11-4966-4D8B-8D31-CF0418AA6656.jpeg

...in 2823 Clan Wolverine, the best led, most progressive of the Clans imo, was purged. Survivors fled in a Rimward Periphery’ish direction.

The Clan Wolverine JumpTransport Dobrev, May have been lost in 2823/24 or it just may have been lost in the two Centuries since then...

...HBS has yet to share that particular story with us. : )

View attachment 540089

...in 2823 Clan Wolverine, the best led, most progressive of the Clans imo, was purged. Survivors fled in a Rimward Periphery’ish direction.

The Clan Wolverine JumpTransport Dobrev, May have been lost in 2823/24 or it just may have been lost in the two Centuries since then...

...HBS has yet to share that particular story with us. : )

Thanks Prussian Havoc.
So suggests it is early Clan tech and post Exodus, not developed by a starleague manufacturer.
Which would make sense because it would be incredibly difficult to fit this into traditional canon and those manufacturers.

Context would suggest then this is different to traditional LostTech, if one uses the definition to be Starleague research/manufactured, and aligns more to Clan tech.

I won't lie, watching Mitch's Twitch Stream makes me feel far less bad about my own Career Games so far ;). Less than half-way through my current career, & I can already field an Awesome 8Q, a Battle-Master, an Orion 1K (one of my favourite Heavy Mechs) & a Warhammer 6R :).

That said, Mitch's streams are *always* highly entertaining & I look forward to each one excitedly :).

...That said, Mitch's streams are *always* highly entertaining & I look forward to each one excitedly :).
Is it me, or do Locust MechWarriors scream loader than other MechWarriors when they are insta-vaporized?

I’ve never lost a Locust MechWarrior before... mostly because with the exception of 3 or 4 early-game Missions last year, I just don’t run Locusts in BATTLETECH’s Campaign or Career Mode Attempts. :bow:

I wonder what will be the new mech variants. I hope some of them requires HM, and feature the new equipment. (similary how the 2nd Hachetman were added)

For example a NARC equipped Kintaro (KTO-19) would be great, even without the FF armor.

Possibly we get a few more Warhammer and or Marauder variants, since there were a few in 3025.

Others I would like to see :
Firestarter FS9-K, 5J and 5S Trebuchet, Grand Dragon (DRG-1G), Cataphract (CTX-2X and possibly CTF-3D as HM exclusive), Thunderbolt (TDR-5LS), Battlemaster (BLR-1S)

Sadly some of the current single variant mechs doesn't have more 3025 variants.

You're probably not going to see the Grand Dragon (or any other mech model in a similar situation) as there aren't all of the hardpoints needed for the weapon locations on the model. That, and the unfortunate name.

Before there was the Locust-1E, there was not enough Energy Hardpoints to make such a Mech happen.

Afterwards... we had the LCT-1E.

Same, same, the Spider-5K with its unique design.

HBS can both add Hardpoints to existing BATTLETECH Mechs derived from PGI BattleMech Data, as well as craft new Mechs (HCT-3F) from their very own BattleMech Data.

I am not saying this is what will happen with Update 1.9, but if the past is indeed prologue, HBS has demonstrated the capability to do so.

Before there was the Locust-1E, there was not enough Energy Hardpoints to make such a Mech happen.

Afterwards... we had the LCT-1E.

Same, same, the Spider-5K with its unique design.

HBS can both add Hardpoints to existing BATTLETECH Mechs derived from PGI BattleMech Data, as well as craft new Mechs (HCT-3F) from their very own BattleMech Data.

I am not saying this is what will happen with Update 1.9, but if the past is indeed prologue, HBS has demonstrated the capability to do so.
The Locust 1E and Spider 5K already exist as part of PGI models. The Grand Dragon does not. HBS *can* yes, but beyond switching out weapon PGI hardpoints to support mounts they haven't made new ones. New models are different as they are built from the ground up to implement the hardpoints. I'm not saying they can't I'm saying it's highly unlikely.