• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Be interesting to see how all those new mech variants effect salvage.
I’ll still be playing my Pieces-of-8 Campaigns and Careers. : )

Can’t wait to see which Vehicle Variants are in Free Update 1.9.

Mech variants are cool, but it's going to be a nightmare completing the mech completion part of a career run.
Another fix needed and I should log a bug report perhaps is the final Flashpoint mission in the new Origin Unknown mini campaign expiring in career mode. Should expire ever.
Looking forward to hearing more on 1.9. Sounds great and that they're trying to leave BT in as great a shape as possible. Leads nicely into Battletech 2...

Also advice for Mitch, ALT-F4 works as a rewind button combo in Ironman career mode. Not that I'd ever do such a thing, especially not when a Cataphract puts its fist through the head of a Highlander. It's just something I read once.

If they're tweaking the difficulty settings by adding a balance option for HM weapons, it'd be nice if they added a cost of salvage modifier as well. A bit silly how cheap it is to buy parts compared to the whole mech. And while I could change that value, I'd really like to be able to set it so that it somewhat match the number of salvage parts required (if it only takes 3, then those salvage parts should be a lot more expensive than if it takes 8).

Anyway, the shop change could be interesting. Was planning on modding shops shortly, but now I'll wait to see how that pans out first. And more vehicle variety will be very welcome, as it is sorely needed for the non-modded game.

Tonight Mitch laid out four items of Free Update 1.9 information.

He did mention that some additional information would be coming our way next week, on Thursday, 23 January... (which coincidentally is the day the new Picard series debuted on CBS All Access.)

I do not expect any further peeks under the Free Update 1.9 “Hood” on 30 January, nor has Mitch mentioned anything about peeks under 1.9’s Hood after the 23rd.

What this means for Free Update 1.9’s “soon’ish” Release Date remains to be seen. :bow:

So what's the deal with the massive delay in getting the Mitch Plays to Win series onto YouTube?

Last video on the ParadoxExtra channel was posted a couple days ago, and Mitch mentions that it's Heavy Metal launch day during the opening.

And we are off and running with tonight’s Livestream! : )

Tonight’s Announcement was that BATTLETECH Update 1.9 is in the works.

The Update is likely to contain:
1.) An improved Convoy AI.
2.) A new Difficulty Setting to tune down HEAVY METAL Advance Weapons will be added to the game.
3.) 16 new Mech Variants will be added to the game.
4.) 8 new Vehicle Variants will be added. To the game.

And that should be all the 1.9 Updates for today. Additional peeks under the 1.9 hood should be available next week.
Any more info points from the stream, or was it "just" those 4 about 1.9? :)

Any more info points from the stream, or was it "just" those 4 about 1.9? :)
More generally, turns out that Mitch has been the Lead for the BATTLETECH Live Support Team for goin on a year and a half now. Of course he has been augmented by purpose-build mini-Teams for each of the DLC’s, with some very heavy lifting being down by Connor for URBAN WARFARE and Ryan for HEAVY METAL.

If anything this really ramps up my curiosity for whatever HBS has been working on for more than a year now. Inquiring minds want to know... and Pre-Order! : )

I’ll be going back through the stream a second time in just a bit and will add any more notes in another post below.

Any data on fixes on the internal modloader ? Or any info on fixes in general?
Mitch pulled the above 4-Items forward to discuss with us this week.

I had the distinct feeling that he left a few choice 1.9 items to share with us during next week’s Livestream when Ben joins him. And Ben will be much better capable at delving into some of the technical details for Update 1.9...

...if anything, I’ll try to do my homework and see what Ben’s specialties and then get this word out so that any of our Community SME’s who care to, can tune in and get some in-depth questions answered. I’ve really enjoyed putting questions together each week, but our Modding Community is much better able to get to the heart of the matter than I when it comes to better understanding the why’s and how’s of the BATTLETECH internal mod-loader way ahead. :bow:

Any data on fixes on the internal modloader ? Or any info on fixes in general?
Keep in mind that bugfixes are not generally amenable to schedules and timelines. He won't really know which fixes are going in until each fix is completely done. Even then they will only qualify as possible fixes until 1.9 gets fully stress tested by being released.

16JAN MPtW Consolidated Notes:
- Mech Quirks will not be extended by HBS to remaining BATTLETECH BattleMechs. This is being left up to our Modding Community to pursue or not, should we choose to. This stance will not change in the foreseeable future.
- AJ Bolden is staring in a new Twitch RPG Livestream next week. It will have a Cthulhu theme.
- Despite Multiple Attempts and his best efforts, Mitch could not make Low-Chevron Locust Melee a viable Tactical Alternative
- Mitch has been the BATTLETECH Team Lead for its Live Support Team, for the past year and a half. Though he was heavily augmented by Connor and his URBAN WARFARE Team and Ryan and his HEAVY METAL Team.
- The Raven’s Active Probe does not extend far enough to reveal new Enemies beyond Passive-
Sensor Range.

QUOTE of the Livestream- “Peace, through superior Fire Power.” - Mitch “Tony Stark” Gitelman.

8A60BB55-5F60-4D66-AF78-5DBBC2C48571.jpeg

Free Update 1.9 is likely to contain:
1.) An improved Convoy AI.
2.) A new Difficulty Setting to tune down HEAVY METAL Advance Weapons will be added to the game.
3.) 16 new Mech Variants will be added to the game.
4.) 8 new Vehicle Variants will be added. To the game

More 1.9 information will be released during next Thursday’s Livestream.

Interesting. 16 new variants, he said. Checking the mechs in the game that come with just ONE variant so far, we get:

Firestarter
Jenner
Panther
Raven

Enforcer
Trebuchet
Kintaro

Dragon
Cataphract
Grasshopper
Marauder

Zeus
Battlemaster
Stalker
Annihilator
Kingcrab

Lo and behold - 16 mechs. Happenstantial?

Considering that the Enforcer was the first Medium Mech I salvaged completely in my current 8-piece career, the second being a Treb, this would probably change the game in a very interesting way.

While the 5 Assault Mechs probably won't have that much impact, so I could see another option, and that is a truckload of Marauder variants in order to postpone the headcapping bonus by making it more difficult to get a Marauder, in reality I don't think there are enough differences. There could be a 3D probably, sacrificing the ballistic HPs for Energy, but more would be kinda difficult, I suppose. The 4X model, featuring a missile HP is too late for this party, so I uphold the original theory that we'll see a variant for the 16 single variant mechs. :)

LinkedIn comes through! - Benjamin Sherry, current HBS Producer for over a year and former Vice President of Operations for Spark::red, will be Mitch’s Tactical Officer for next week’s livestream of Mitch Plays to Win.

With Ben having been at HBS for just over a year, he may already be familiar to us as one of our esteemed @HBS_ folks. If so, I would tag you here so as to more properly welcome you to our BATTLETECH community and BattleTech Community. But in the meantime this’ll do... : )

May all your Systems be Nominal, may your Opponent’s resolve fail him long before ever your last shell slams home into your Autocannon’s Breech and may little intense men find your BATTLETECH Tactical Acumen worthy of many more visits to Mitch Plays to Wins! :bow:

Interesting. 16 new variants, he said. Checking the mechs in the game that come with just ONE variant so far, we get:

Firestarter
Jenner
Panther
Raven

Enforcer
Trebuchet
Kintaro

Dragon
Cataphract
Grasshopper
Marauder

Zeus
Battlemaster
Stalker
Annihilator
Kingcrab

Lo and behold - 16 mechs. Happenstantial?

Considering that the Enforcer was the first Medium Mech I salvaged completely in my current 8-piece career, the second being a Treb, this would probably change the game in a very interesting way.

While the 5 Assault Mechs probably won't have that much impact, so I could see another option, and that is a truckload of Marauder variants in order to postpone the headcapping bonus by making it more difficult to get a Marauder, in reality I don't think there are enough differences. There could be a 3D probably, sacrificing the ballistic HPs for Energy, but more would be kinda difficult, I suppose. The 4X model, featuring a missile HP is too late for this party, so I uphold the original theory that we'll see a variant for the 16 single variant mechs. :)
I’d like to see a BULL SHARK Variant. : )

Bull Shark already has thumper and non-thumper versions. With its other advantages I'd rather not have another variant of it.

I am wondering if they are sticking with lore variants or if they are making new ones. If these are new variants... they could be adding some that use the Heavy Metal tech. Unlikely now that I think of it. Those would only be available to players with the expansion which I think they would keep to a minimum.