Fallout's Doomsday 2.5.1.2 for Darkest Hour (latest release: 22-04-2023)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was playing for about an hour and saw no sign of it crashing so I think it worked. Thanks for the help.

I'm glad! :)

Make sure to play and post feedback, it helps me make the mod better!

What's the best tactic when playing as the Enclave?

Hi, Maciej! :)
Enclave is pretty straight-forward in my experience:

- Your tech is top of the line, your tech teams are the best. You start in front of tech development and will never be surpassed.

- Trait: Warlike is def the best. Wise might be good to enlarge the tech cliff even further, but then again, Wise might be more useful to nations that need to bridge the technological difference, or to nations that get innate research bonuses but aren't so supreme in technology - like the Brotherhood of Steel. Note to self: Make the traits more useful and make more of them.

- Enclave one of the few nations that starts with an actual navy. Your only naval rivals early on are the Shi. Keeping naval superiority is not hard.

- Your nation is tailored for ultra-elite armies. Fighting marauders and early AIs feels fighting in EUIV, you're the europeans and marauders are the New World natives.

- Your main weakness is manpower, as there is not much in the North and Enclave generally doesn't favour manpower-heavy strategies. You need to conquer, and you need to use manpower-light strategies. Getting yourself a proper air force is a good idea, especially if someone blobs over there in the West.

Personally, one of my favorite strategies is to just skip much of the North, and just take a good part of the North by making a line around Vancouver and/or Seattle, then go East until I hit the AIs, then North, depending on which locations you think are more defensible or easier to fight Marauders in. Of course, you need to use ships for that. Then you start taking care of affairs inside that area, netting you a good dividend of land and resources.

One strategy I've been meaning to try is a more naval-focused Enclave. I know Naval Brotherhood of Steel is a pretty fun and unique path, one which I intend to flesh out in the future.

I gave Nuka Cola a spin. As thematically interesting as it is, the two terrible tech teams and very weak starting position makes me a bit afraid. Also not being able to trade with anybody but the Warriors of Ice and sometimes the Reavers kinda takes away some of the best aspects of a merchant state. Also been wondering if I should start playing with tech team takeover. Kinda wish there was an option for partial tech team takeover, that way would feel less broken to swallow tiny factions for good tech teams, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Getting this error for every inaccessible province out of nowhere, any ideas what's causing it?
Code:
Scenario Validation (provinces)...
    ERROR : Invalid (ignored for scenario) province 1 (Reykjavík) is specified as controlled by Far Away Land.

Hey guys, I don't understand how the "X marks the spot" works. I play as NCR and I parked a unit in the Flagstaff area, but nothing fires. I've been waiting nearly a year :/

Then, a curiosity: has somebody played a Junkers game? Is it an enjoyable path?

Hey guys, I don't understand how the "X marks the spot" works. I play as NCR and I parked a unit in the Flagstaff area, but nothing fires. I've been waiting nearly a year :/

Its related to a certain secret faction if I remember well, its not always revealed, and tied to the game of cards, so for you it might never fire if you didn't activate the game.
Junkers can be very interesting, yes, becoming an eastern powerhouse.

I gave Nuka Cola a spin. As thematically interesting as it is, the two terrible tech teams and very weak starting position makes me a bit afraid. Also not being able to trade with anybody but the Warriors of Ice and sometimes the Reavers kinda takes away some of the best aspects of a merchant state. Also been wondering if I should start playing with tech team takeover. Kinda wish there was an option for partial tech team takeover, that way would feel less broken to swallow tiny factions for good tech teams, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Nuka was added by Arcangelus, I really need to give them a pass. Right now their starting position is horrible because they're surrounded by immensely ridiculous amounts of marauders (I think somewhere in the level off 60 marauder divisions!). I will take a look at the trade.

Getting this error for every inaccessible province out of nowhere, any ideas what's causing it?
Code:
Scenario Validation (provinces)...
    ERROR : Invalid (ignored for scenario) province 1 (Reykjavík) is specified as controlled by Far Away Land.

We don't know either, it appeared with one of the latest patches and never went away.
The game doesn't like us assigning nation control to inacessible provinces, even through we need to do this or errors pop. I have a theory but I gotta finish some things first. Luckly AFAIK it doesn't really affect the game.

That spot only pops up from a certain event, and you need to get the Tragic Card Game event and go along with knowing about the game.

If you want to get somewhere and find good stuff, focus on The Glow. The loot you can pull from that place... its seen to be believed.

Hint: At start, the story event will ask if you want to know the story of the Fallout Universe. Say yes. Then go with "I Love Pop Culture!" in Gukpa's event to make sure.

I played Junkers once. Junkers are pretty fun. I need to revise them because they have only four tech teams, less than enough even for old standards. We're going with 7 slots nowdays, so I want seven techteams minimum for every single nation.

When do you think there'll be another update guys? :)

On a side note, I assume you guys finally removed the sprites from the game? I faintly recall the later versions of Doomsday couldn't have sprites anymore due to the recent versions of DH.

I tried seeing if I could get the sprites to work with 1.03 version but Steam won't revert my version back properly so I just get stuck trying to load into the map.

This is pretty unfortunate considering the sprites are- while small do mean a good bit to me. I could try reverting all the way back to 1.02 but...at that point it isn't worth it.

Last edited:
Hey there!
Got a little crashing issue! savedebug says it's due to a coding error? Could someone confirm and maybe help me solve the problem?

Attachments

• savedebug.txt
    11,8 KB · Views: 7
When do you think there'll be another update guys? :)

Honestly, I don't like to give dates. I've been quite busy for a while. Real life stuff, you know how it is.
That said, I am getting some work done lately. Or better saying - work that allows me to do work easier. Now I got a Task List of To-Do with... 66.800 characters, 975 lines. Size of a book, lol.

I want the next update to be pretty big, to make all this wait worth it.

But you know what? I'm going to say that circa Christmas, I will release whatever I have available (built upon Arcangelus' latest fix plus my stuff), small or big. Least I can do.

On a side note, I assume you guys finally removed the sprites from the game? I faintly recall the later versions of Doomsday couldn't have sprites anymore due to the recent versions of DH.

I did no such a thing. I do not remember any problems involving sprites.

That said, I always play with superior counters, even if I do miss sprites a bit.

Hey there!
Got a little crashing issue! savedebug says it's due to a coding error? Could someone confirm and maybe help me solve the problem?

Here's the bug:

Code:
ERROR : (Illegal Command Type) 'type = add_core_area' Line = 62 file = Mods\FODD\db\events\Texas_Reformed.txt

command = ( type = add_core_area which = Texas } #A little extra for being a late-bloomer

Pray tell, what is your version of DH? Because I see nothing wrong with this code. Please make sure you are using the latest version.

In case you have the latest versions of both FODD and DH, please send me the savegame closest to the date where Texas Reformed pops up, I will see what's happening.

I am using 1.05 DH and the newest version of FODD. I would like to send you a savegame but the ctd occurs when starting a campaign, so I can't even play for 1 second.

Still, that's very bizarre. Generally the game accuses some errors, but you can just ignore and keep playing.

Alright, I suggest trying to install it from zero:

1. Download https://mega.nz/#!sZshRRoL!9Bs5VvWJjyrMXi6Uddb95QH4Al_8x0rDbJqaLs27HkE

2. Download this file AKA Arcangelus' latest work: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1a9fdd00bktkr3y/FOOD_I1.rar

3. Put the FODD folder in the mod folder.

4. Unpack contents of the second file inside FODD folder.

Hey there!
The error is in db\events\Texas_Reformed.txt, first event. Look for this:
Code:
       command = ( type = war which = TEX }
       command = ( type = add_core_area which = Texas } #A little extra for being a late-bloomer
Change both "(" at the left of type to "{".
I know that the last update I made was kinda rushed on my part, but I'm surprised I didn't catch that. I'm even more surprised nobody else had it. But hey, better late than never.

Nuka was added by Arcangelus, I really need to give them a pass. Right now their starting position is horrible because they're surrounded by immensely ridiculous amounts of marauders (I think somewhere in the level off 60 marauder divisions!). I will take a look at the trade.
Strictly speaking, I only made dummy files functional with little regard for balance. I only played as them once, and had more trouble with the spiders than the marauders themselves. Then again, it's a very slow position barely tolerable with tech team take over.

Change both "(" at the left of type to "{".
I know that the last update I made was kinda rushed on my part, but I'm surprised I didn't catch that. I'm even more surprised nobody else had it. But hey, better late than never.

Hey man, nice seeing you again!

I can't believe I didn't see those parentheses in place of the braces. As a programmer and modder, I feel embarrassed.

I think I need to check my prescription...

Strictly speaking, I only made dummy files functional with little regard for balance. I only played as them once, and had more trouble with the spiders than the marauders themselves. Then again, it's a very slow position barely tolerable with tech team take over.

Tru dat.

Got anything new? I remember heading that tag file, you had some pretty wild and cool ideas.

Hello! I feel silly posting this bug now as it happened months ago and I've got no details about it other than it happened while I was playing spiders. I forgot about it and all I've got is the picture I intended to post months ago but lost focus of it.

Attachments

• IAI_EVENT.png
    IAI_EVENT.png
    402,1 KB · Views: 129
Got anything new? I remember heading that tag file, you had some pretty wild and cool ideas.
February 18th, 2018. That's the last time I did anything related with DH. So no, nothing really. I just happened to check the thread and see that bug posted.
The last thing I remember doing was looking for possible causes of the map bug and concluding that was an issue with the map itself (so, outside my area of expertise). Either that or some AI is attempting an illegal movement. And a little before that, something Boston related.

February 18th, 2018. That's the last time I did anything related with DH. So no, nothing really. I just happened to check the thread and see that bug posted.
The last thing I remember doing was looking for possible causes of the map bug and concluding that was an issue with the map itself (so, outside my area of expertise). Either that or some AI is attempting an illegal movement. And a little before that, something Boston related.
so, uhh... is the mod officially dead, then?