Launching the new launcher! (Coming with 1.29 Manchu)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I tried to launch the game directly via the .exe in the EU4 directory and it works but my DLCs aren't available (listed as not owned). So I can't play with RNW. Windows 10 Home 1809

Same here (and the same issue with Imperator, which means they did not fix it since Imerator's launch because I have reported it at that time)

Holy sh*t, this looks awful... like it's made for a touchscreen. hopefully we soon can switch back to a more pc-user friendly ui.

Mods are not sorted by alphabetical order anymore. This is an absolute downgrade.

Some mods are listed duplicate as local and steam mods, some don't.

- All mods are now continuosly "broken" and won't reinstall, no matter what I do (I followed your instructions)
- After closing the launcher, steam still thinks you are playing Eu4, theres nothing in my task manager (I need to restart steam every time)
- I now need to reinstall everything and let's see if it works then

Thanks paradox. Once again you just threw something new out there, that doesn't even work properly. Just because it's free for once, it doesn't mean you can just shit on it.

Also be sure to pick Steam Workshop and not Paradoxplaza, Paradoxplaza will also give the error of invalid credentials.

Understood, thank you very much for the help! Very helpful gentleman.

Also, the new launcher seems to only remember what mods you have selected about half the time. Since you can only see the status of 5 of them without clicking "manage mods", the only way to see if clicking "done" in the "manage mods" screen took effect or not is to remember how many mods you have active when you return to the main launcher screen.

And that one I have reported for Imperator around version 1.1 (in June)

I just wonder what is bug forum for? For fun and for players to vent?

Well the launcher does not work for me in Linux and I will never ever try to sort my mods through a JSON file or try to launch it through the executable directly. Tried it with my main x server, and creating a separate one in TTY2 with my Nvidia card enabled. Both of them did not work. Just shows the paradox spinning logo and closes immediately. And after closing, it still keeps some background processes. I would appreciate if you guys can at least add a failsafe to this mess so it closes itself completely on a crash. I am on Arch Linux btw.

2014:
2019: this thread
Don't worry I am sure next year the new DLC will fix that issue for everyone who buys it. Going to be two of them, one for modders and one for people wanting to play with mods. Also won't work as well as it did before but that is par for the course at this point.

Well the launcher does not work for me in Linux and I will never ever try to sort my mods through a JSON file or try to launch it through the executable directly. Tried it with my main x server, and creating a separate one in TTY2 with my Nvidia card enabled. Both of them did not work. Just shows the paradox spinning logo and closes immediately. And after closing, it still keeps some background processes. I would appreciate if you guys can at least add a failsafe to this mess so it closes itself completely on a crash. I am on Arch Linux btw.

Is this starting it through Steam? What happens if you launch dowser directly from a terminal?

I can't seem to even install the new launcher, and I don't want to spend the rest of my days launching the game through the /steamapps/common folder ... I get a "unable to install paradox launcher error 1603 " everytime, disabling firewalls and windows defender didn't work either

anyone having the same issue/resolved it ?

Is this starting it through Steam? What happens if you launch dowser directly from a terminal?
So, I managed to get it working after trying it numerous times. The condition of it is still not stable enough. What I tried is, I deleted the "~/.paradoxlauncher", "~/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV", "~/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2", and "~/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/launcherpath" directories every time I tried to launch the launcher so it can launch in a clean state. Sometimes it launched sometimes it didn't, but most of the time it launched when I ran the dowser directly without steam getting involved. And even then it can still fail sometimes. After launching it, sometimes the launcher also crashes as well, mostly when it tries to load the mods and dlc. That is probably because of the fact that I delete its files and it never really has time to cache it but it still shouldn't happen. Also, running eu4 directly works fine without any issue whatsoever.

Sorry about my angry rant earlier, I love this game, I have over 1k hours, and I want it to succeed. And I was kind of looking forward to play as Mongolia, it frustrated me a little.

My specs:
Kernel: 5.2.9
Desktop Environment: XFCE 4.14
CPU: i5-8250u
GPU: Intel UHD 620 and GeForce MX150

Detail on GPU: I have bumblebee and nvidia-xrun setup. So on my main x server I run with Intel Graphics (mesa). If I want to switch to nvidia I use nvidia-xrun in a different TTY to open a new x server with openbox window manager. I do not know if this matters at all for this situation. I tried my experiments on both scenarios and the results were pretty much the same for both of them.

Sorry for bad English as well

Asked quickly one of the techy people, the new launcher requires an absolute path so you can't do relative like that.
Thank you, though I tried C:\Users\Me\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Modding\MarsUniversalis and it also didn't work

EDIT: Now it does, but it crashes. *Sigh*

EDITEDIT: Looks like the replace_path syntax has changed, but I don't know what to.

Last edited: