• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First relevant Holy Fury dev diary (crusades) was on 14/5/2018. First relevant Jade Dragon dev diary (Tibet added) was on 15/5/2017. If you follow this logic, ...

Last edited:
First relevant Holy Fury dev diary (crusades) was on 14/5/2018. First relevant Jade Dragon (Tibet added) dev diary was on 15/5/2017. If you follow this logic, ...
yay!
More reasons to assume that they are gonna do it this week.I probably shouldn't get too excited for an expansion that we almost know nothing about but it is will be the first expansion that I'll wait for to release :p
And they do have better than decent track record.

Actually both does.
Also there is another screenshot in another thread showing us leaders from that start.

I see. A troll. How funny...

He's not trolling.
On those screenshots you can see the glimpses of a map that is quite different from the bookmarks we alrrady have.
Others have explained in this thread what those clues and glimpses point towards to. A mid-10th century map.

But you don't have to believe any of that.
Today or tomorrow, we might hear official news.

In those screenshots, note who owns Sicily, the existence of an independent kingdom of Arles, and various other changes. None of which are the case in any currently available start date. Hence why most of this thread is people looking at the map details and trying to figure out when it corresponds to (answer: sometime in the 930s, likely 936 with the coronation of Otto the Great).

In one of the later posts (and I'm too lazy to scroll through and find it) we have a link to the top half of the interesting character screen, which again is different from any of the current bookmarks.

How funny...
Dude.

The trick is to look at the map surrounding the start-a-new-game text box in the one picture, the maps paint a picture that only exists in the early tenth century... That’s clearly a new start date. Fatimids control Sicily in none of the currently existing start dates, not one. The kingdom of Arles and Namsborg only existed in a short time frame between start dates. They even teased Qarmatians in two other hints.

All the hints they gave us only work if the start date is the coronation of Otto I, Holy Roman Emperor in 936, or any date between then and the death of Æthelstan, King of England in 939.

TLDR we get a new start date in 936. Not a trick. Be happy!

Last edited:
There was and is no "screenshot of the startdate".

Wording and words used matter !
Karlington was right in so far.

There was and is no "screenshot of the startdate".

Wording and words used matter !
Karlington was right in so far.
They showed a game start image with start date text over a map that matches no existing start date.

Think!

We are getting a new start date. The very first picture showing fatimids in Sicily makes that clear. We don’t need anything else. The other pictures only reinforce this and give us more clues to narrow down which year.

They showed a game start image with start date text over a map that matches no existing start date.

Think!

Well i do, contrary to you.
It gives a hint of a new startdate as we see small parts of a new map outside the game rules page, but it does NOT show "a screenshot of the new startdate".
Was also not exactly news at this point, as the linked screenshots were inside this very thread.

Last edited: