The Obligatory Stellaris Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Natural Beauty, huh ?

1550686565-20190220002217-1.jpg
I heard the smog cloud looks very pretty during sunrise!

You know that feeling when you've purified and assimilated half of the galaxy, just to get tired of the constant tinkering and slapping some Prethoryn arse around? I did, and decided to start some tall egalitarian/materialist science build in max difficulty to see where it goes. Started in small galaxy, with 0 reliable planets to lessen the late-game lag. Was greeted with this spawn:
2BB9D481A156FE01EB9177E4FB96D062D9E3432B

Thats 10 planets within 5 jumps, increasing to total of 14 planets after succeeding tactical terraforming event in Prythe, finding one in Urill and finding ANOTHER two planets just below Covall. All this protected by a materialist Fallen Empire in the north and two chokepoints. Planets weren't bad ones either...
stellaris1.jpg stellaris2.jpg stellaris3.jpg
There was just one problem:
07CC5423C1944E73A181ADAAE678C36852C1746A

MEs truly went from trash compactors to terminators with the last patch. 40+ corvettes in the first 20 years is just too much to handle. With some luck and exploiting AI's horrible ship builds (primary corvette is a picket ship, really?) I managed to peace out. I hope to start colonizing soon and manage the next confrontation. My best tall start ever turned into survival of the fittest. Fun!
95D2DA34F607DE5F7069C5847507F0A3AC38C494

I founded the Galactic Market apparently because nobody else bothered, and decided what better way to make use of it than to buy some extra workers from the Slave Market? I quickly bought up some aliens able to live on a Tropical World, and eagerly decided to put them to work. It was only then that I noticed this:
20190222131832-1.jpg

I'd like to know who put some pre-sapients on the Slave Market and why...

I founded the Galactic Market apparently because nobody else bothered, and decided what better way to make use of it than to buy some extra workers from the Slave Market? I quickly bought up some aliens able to live on a Tropical World, and eagerly decided to put them to work. It was only then that I noticed this:

ROFL. Had similar experience first time I bought slaves on the Market ;)

20190222131832-1.jpg

You did not read the fine print. "Some uplifting required". :)

founded the Galactic Market apparently because nobody else bothered, and decided what better way to make use of it than to buy some extra workers from the Slave Market?
Had that happen to me too. I never had the Influence and Energy to even nominate one of my planets. Still spawned in my Home System.

20190222131832-1.jpg

That's actually pretty brilliant. Pre-Sapients, for all intents and purposes in this scenario, are like domesticated animals.

That's actually pretty brilliant. Pre-Sapients, for all intents and purposes in this scenario, are like domesticated animals.

I didn't think of it that way. I was looking for some slaves to fill the many vacant Worker jobs on my homeworld, but that analogy does work. Besides, they are still technically in the Slave stratum.

What I want to know now is why these animals have political power and happiness. :p

A very exciting discovery for me. I have found Earth (Sol III), and it is populated with primitive Early Space Age Humans! It has taken me from Stellaris version 1.0 all the way to version 2.2.5, but I have finally found them! This may not seem remarkable, but this is the very first time I have found the Earth at this stage of development with actual Humans. My ME has now declared this system to be a national treasure. Do MEs even have national treasures?

*whisper* Don't tell the Humans that I'm going to shatter their planet in hopes that I will generate the fabled wormhole I have only heard rumors about.

View attachment 449985

Sorry I'm a bit late on this , but is that in the vanilla build of the game or a nodded version? When I've found Earth it's just been a normal primitive civilization.

Sorry I'm a bit late on this , but is that in the vanilla build of the game or a nodded version? When I've found Earth it's just been a normal primitive civilization.

It's vanilla I believe, but fairly rare compared to finding Earth as a primitive world, the capital of the UNE, or a tomb world. For me, I've only gotten the latter two thus far.

Also, I recently discovered a system where practically every planet has a rare crystal deposit. That's a whopping 7 Crystals per month!!

2019-02-23-31.png

2019-02-23-35.png

Last edited:

It's vanilla I believe, but fairly rare compared to finding Earth as a primitive world, the capital of the UNE, or a tomb world. For me, I've only gotten the latter two thus far.

It is a lightly modded game, but the only mod that affects actual gameplay is Glavius AI (because c'mon). Everything else is UI improvements or graphics, so this rare spawn of primitive Earth in Early Space stage can be considered vanilla. I actually still have that game as an ongoing game (I stopped playing for awhile but picked it back up yesterday). I have uplifted the humans and a few other primitives because I desperately needed the extra influence. The humans even spawned as the UNE with matching ethics, traits, and civics.

I still intend to blow the humans up, but the little stinkers somehow managed to grab a few systems from one of my neighbors on the other side of my territory. I don't even know how they did it. I DID go to war with said neighbor for a short while, but it's not like protectorates join their overlord's wars anyway. The only thing I can think of is that you can still make claims as a protectorate (I've never been a protectorate, so I don't know, I'll have to test this with the console) and that the human's must have done this before I went to war, thus gaining those systems in the aftermath.

EDIT: Protectorates can't make claims. I have no idea how the Humans ceded territory from my neighbors.

Last edited:
Also, I recently discovered a system where practically every planet has a rare crystal deposit. That's a whopping 7 Crystals per month!!

The tech Mineral Station Output increase your 7 crystal by 50% (level 5 max). + Playing as Machine Empire in 2.2.5 you get this patch note:
* Machine Empires get 50% more resources from mining bases (should work for strategic resources, too)

The tech Mineral Station Output increase your 7 crystal by 50% (level 5 max). + Playing as Machine Empire in 2.2.5 you get this patch note:
* Machine Empires get 50% more resources from mining bases (should work for strategic resources, too)

Well, I'm not a Machine Empire, I'm just a Criminal Syndicate so I can't boost it to too ludicrous levels. Still, I wasn't aware the Mining Station output worked on strategic resources.

Dinosaurs were actually killed by nuclear warfare!
20190224220008_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20190224220008_1.jpg
    20190224220008_1.jpg
    307,2 KB · Views: 41
That's an... odd shape. That's not what a compass looks like on my planet.
20190224174217_1.jpg

AI got some decent planet for its capital
20190225234034_11.jpg

What a pity. 725 years and counting, just to be evaporated in a tragic shuttle accident after communion
20190226000511_12.jpg

Attachments

• 20190225234034_11.jpg
    20190225234034_11.jpg
    159,2 KB · Views: 45