• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fixtheerrors

Corporal
108 Badges
Mar 13, 2016
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Stellaris: Necroids
My game crashes to desktop when closing the in-game music player.

No mods.

It happened when I had mods too, any mod. I unsubbed from all my mods, deleted the mod folder and did a fresh install of stellaris and the game still crashes when closing the music player.

Windows 10
Core i9-7900X CPU 3.30GHz
GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb GPU

Something that usually helps is DxDiag. DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please also post :
* the settings.txt file (\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\ folder)
* the system.log file (\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\logs\ folder)

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Sound Tab 1: The file RTKVHD64.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
This driver is from 2013. Please check with RealTek for a newer supported driver.

All the best!

Not only does it say that my drivers are up to date, but it says my current drivers are the best there are. If it's from 2013, what the latest driver? RealTek Website couldn't help since I have no idea what to even look for and I'm wary of manually uninstalling anything in case it screws up my computer.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    46 KB · Views: 4
I just opened a random dxdiag from another customer and they have:
Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
Driver Version: 6.00.0001.8242 (English)
Date and Size: 01.09.2017 00:00:00, 5911528 bytes
So there are certainly updates available! I've never trusted that Windows driver update utility, it always seems to say that.

You may need to contact RealTek if you can't work out how to get updates from their site.

Good luck!

This is no help whatsoever. There is no option on the Realtek website to download any drivers for Windows 10 that i can find. There is no 'high definition audio link' like google says to click on, and there is no 'select which driver corresponds to what you have.'

There are hundreds of drivers and literally no way to tell which one I need. All of them are named things like ALC898, ALC892, etc. They ALL says Win 10 x64, or Mac, or whatever. Realtek's website is a confusing mess and I have no idea what I'm looking for.

And when I click on FAQ I get a 404: https://www.realtek.com/en/FAQs/faqsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=2&PFid=5&Level=3

I am sorry their site is so bad, I had no idea! I don't really know what else to suggest, if you cannot get in contact with any actual support there.

Clearly people are getting newer drivers from somewhere!

What if you redirect sound to be via the nVidia audio driver you have there?

I ended up going straight through ASUS who manufactured my motherboard for the newest driver. The issue persists. Here is a new DxDiag.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    99,9 KB · Views: 3
I was unable to duplicate this problem. By 'closing' do you mean X-ing away the list of tracks?

This problem aside does it appear to work okay?

Has this always happened ever since you've had the game? Or only since what change or update?

When I 'X' out the music player it crashes to desktop. It's actually done it for a long time now on three different PC's. Aside from that though everything works just fine. It did it months ago and I figured it was such a ridiculous thing that it would go away with an update... Several updates later it still does it though. With or without mods, fresh install or not.

here are the latest files: I just replicated it by closing it out with the x and by clicking the track list symbol in the top right.

Attachments

• system.log
    9,8 KB · Views: 0
  • settings.txt
    1,3 KB · Views: 1
It's actually done it for a long time now on three different PC's.
Really!?! That does surprise me, I was going to get you to do a clean reinstall but it seems like that wouldn't help.

What do these PCs have in common that it seems no one else has or uses? Do you still have access to the other two?

I do have access to the other two. I just have a large steam library in all of them, and that's really it. The other two besides this one have a few other things on them besides that, but that's all they have in common as far as I know. Did you get anything from the files I just posted?

what is this?

[virtualfilesystem_physfs.cpp:1110]: Could not open file: playlists/default (2018_06_26 18_22_53 UTC).txt, error: Access is denied.

Attachments

• error.log
    1,6 KB · Views: 1