[Dev Team] Niven update (2.1.0) Released [checksum 01a9]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
L-Cluster won't show until an L-Gate is opened. There are different outcomes to opening it, but which one you get is set at the start of the game (so you can't get different outcomes by reloading your save).

It's in every Distant Stars game, just we don't display it until the gate to it is unlocked. Preserves a bit of mystery which is a core part of the feature.

L-Cluster won't show until an L-Gate is opened. There are different outcomes to opening it, but which one you get is set at the start of the game (so you can't get different outcomes by reloading your save).

Thank you very much for explanation and sorry for a trouble if it was answered before, I somehow didn't catch it up.

I didn't read it in the patch notes, but I have start a new game and there is no same climate planet as my home world nearby. Is this intentional? If it is, it’s awesome in my opinion, it makes the finding new planets of you class less "deus ex machina" and more like a bingo moment. Plus, having to weight the colonist to be in planets where the ambience is harsh makes the think better… I think.

I wanted just to ask, if someone else is having problems with starting Stellaris after the patch and DLC?
Steam first prompted that she DLC failed to install, but showed it in steam and the launcher. Unfortunately, when I click play on the launcher, I just get a black screen... If I click, the Windows ask if the Stellaris app should be closed as it's not respondning...

I'm sorry, but I don't think anomalies (that should be in the base game), 3 new leviathans and one new star cluster are worth 10€. They aren't probably even 2 hours of extra content, especially because you can't be sure if you actually see most of them in game anyways. The earlier DLC for Stellaris were really good, which makes this and the previous one (three big ships and one planet destroyer) seem really cash-grabby.

I didn't read it in the patch notes, but I have start a new game and there is no same climate planet as my home world nearby. Is this intentional? If it is, it’s awesome in my opinion, it makes the finding new planets of you class less "deus ex machina" and more like a bingo moment. Plus, having to weight the colonist to be in planets where the ambience is harsh makes the think better… I think.

I don't think so, In my new game its the opposite. All the planets I've found around my home world have been of my preferred climate. It seems to be just random as before.

I don't think so, In my new game its the opposite. All the planets I've found around my home world have been of my preferred climate. It seems to be just random as before.

It wasn't random before, you were always guaranteed two planets of your preferred climate in near proximity. It would be a pretty major change if that's no longer the case and it really is "random." I'd think it would hamstring the already overwhelmed AI pretty badly, though.

I'm sorry, but I don't think anomalies (that should be in the base game), 3 new leviathans and one new star cluster are worth 10€. They aren't probably even 2 hours of extra content, especially because you can't be sure if you actually see most of them in game anyways. The earlier DLC for Stellaris were really good, which makes this and the previous one (three big ships and one planet destroyer) seem really cash-grabby.

Nobody forces you to buy it. You can wait for promotions or never buy it. I personally think that's the best content versus price DLC I've ever bought from Paradox (even considering CK2 and EU4) because that's the kind of content I actually really like and want more of it.

I'm glad I was given the opportunity to get even more flavor events, if somebody doesn't find it worth the price - he can just ignore it.

You are too damned effecient! :( I haven't yet finished my current playthrough and now I don't want to as I feel compelled to start anew with distant stars! You are cruel, cruel people at Paradox!