• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wolf0503

First Lieutenant
10 Badges
Feb 28, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
One line summary of your issue
Won't load in Campaign or skirmish

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
The game won't load at all. I played for a small bit yesterday . Had to stop. Won't Start again.

Steps to reproduce the issue
logging into the game

Upload attachment

Upvote 0
Yeah I've done full re-installs on 3 computers now, different networks, etc... all same problem with my original login account. There has to be something corrupted server side we can't fix. Have to wait for a patch ...

Yeah I've done full re-installs on 3 computers now, different networks, etc... all same problem with my original login account. There has to be something corrupted server side we can't fix. Have to wait for a patch ...
Mine doens't even work logged out. Clearly something is broken period or all these people wouldn't have the same issue.

1.1 beta did NOT fix my problem, still can't do anything with my account, I get forever loading screens.

THIS IS HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM at least it fixed mine. Good luck and I'll see you in the Reach !!

Switching to the public_beta branch (Steam):

1. In the left column games list of your Steam library, right-click BATTLETECH.

2. Select Properties

3. Click on the tab labelled BETAS

4. In the dropdown menu, select public_beta (Note: if you do not see this available, you may need to restart Steam and/or wait a few minutes.)

5. Click the CLOSE button

6. BATTLETECH should start updating automatically

7. When the update has completed, right-click BATTLETECH again, select Properties, and open the LOCAL FILES tab.

8. Click the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES button.

9. When this completes, restart Steam and then launch the game.

Unfortunately my account is still bugged out, never ending loading screens on all modules, and using some weird heraldry symbol.

I would not get your hopes up for the Beta patch. I was stuck on the load of save games last night, switched to the Beta, and it loaded. Played for the 30mins of the evening I had left after all the debugging attempts, saved and exited.

Tried loading this morning, and issue returned - load of save game hangs and I have to reboot. Tried quite a few of the other suggestions today, no joy.

(Addendum: I am able to play a skirmish game fine - just can't load any saves)

THIS IS HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM at least it fixed mine. Good luck and I'll see you in the Reach !!

2. Select Properties

4. In the dropdown menu, select public_beta (Note: if you do not see this available, you may need to restart Steam and/or wait a few minutes.)

7. When the update has completed, right-click BATTLETECH again, select Properties, and open the LOCAL FILES tab.

Thanks a lot to Wolf0503.
This works for me!

I even tried changing my email attached to my account, no luck. :(

2. Select Properties

This fixes Loading Screen issues.

Did not fix mine. :(

Hi,

the following worked for me (only the red text ... I just left the other steps if the red text won't work for you). Additionaly, before that, I reinstalled the game, and I turned of internet connection an did not reconnect to my paradox account on gamestart. I've had no trouble since and can enjoy the game. Thanks to Dylan from paradox for the hjelp he provided.

Here are some more new troubleshooting steps if you wouldn't mind trying them.

Troubleshooting Steps:
  • Try clearing the following folders and registry:
    1. - Delete the Harebrained Schemes folder from C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow
    2. Type "%temp%" (without quotation marks) in your Windows Explorer and delete every folder that mentions "BattleTech" or "Harebrained Schemes"
    3. Open the "Run" command (use the key combination Windows + R) and type "regedit". Navigate to "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\" and delete the Harebrained Schemes key
  • Try launching the game with a different resolution or graphics preset. In order to do this, hold down the ALT key while launching the game and select a different resolution, change to Windowed / Full Screen mode or change the preset
  • Try launching the game without internet
  • Close all your third party apps or unnecessary processes in order to check for software incompatibility issues: disable antivirus (some people reported issues with their antivirus launching the game in containment / sandbox mode) or whitelist the game on your antivirus, close game recording tools such as Fraps, video players etc.

Yeah tried all that, no go. If I make a new in-game account it works fine. If I use my main account which has my Kickstarter rewards and is attached to my account here it hangs at every loading screen.

It has to be server side and something corrupted with my main account. I really wish they could let me reset it or something.

Yes, I tried support but, I FIXED the problem on my own!

I looked through the output_log.txt file one more time and on whim thought I would try to re-create the exact error message conditions within the output_log.txt file. Sure enough I was able to see the custom heraldry option and it loaded! I was able to do a bit of file swapping and editing to get things in order.

Then, I was able to select a new stock heraldry symbol and very careful make sure things were uploaded and re-downloaded the VersionManifest.csv file, and now it is working.

Super convoluted but this case is closed. whhweewh! :)

and warning... be careful adding custom heraldry!!!!!

I looked through the output_log.txt file one more time and on whim thought I would try to re-create the exact error message conditions within the output_log.txt file. Sure enough I was able to see the custom heraldry option and it loaded! I was able to do a bit of file swapping and editing to get things in order.
Interesting! Can you clarify for us here exactly what you had to do please?