• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The silence from Paradox employees is a bit unnerving...

yeah the 'free everything' crowd wants everything for free but will never tolerate someone suggesting to them to work for free :rolleyes:

There are dozens of mods for most Paradox games that took hundreds to thousands of hours to put together, all free. I'm not saying Paradox should work for free, of course, merely pointing out that folks are not as averse to performing free labor as you presume. And that labor produces high-quality stuff. CK2Plus is so damn good PDX should just buy it and merge it into vanilla.

There's been a little PDX activity in this thread, toward the beginning at least. What do you really expect them to say? "Oh yeah sorry about the pre-sale price gouging, one of our directors is a little crooked but he outranks me, I'm just a forum mod." Just be glad they haven't locked the thread yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
HELLO PDX! IS ANYBODY HERE? CAN WE EXPECT ATTENTION AFTER 1K POSTS AND 50 PAGES? DONT WANT TO GIVE US SOME RESPECT?

I posted about that like 5 pages ago.

Well, i came here a bit late, but was thanks than i summited a ticket to the Paradox sopport asking why they increased their prices of their games in steam in mexican pesos. And then they answered me with this:

AOzKx

85M8A7j.png

And this is why im so annoying about the increase of prices in mexican pesos (and now than i know than the russians and brazilians got it worse, i feel very bad for such a bad costumer service of Paradox)

jNHiT2e.png

So the more info you give guys better, the war have just begin :'D
CtuTr

Just want to say that this was the last DLC I bought. A twofold increase in prices for games are not even translated into my native language.This is a slap in the face!!! Perhaps now I'll "Buy" "preview" version.

Paradox, you are playing in wrong game. Either you or players (your customers) will lose this game. This is not win-win or win-lose situation, this is absolutely lose-lose situation.

Well, our community manager has nothing new to say.
He is just a relay at this matter.
The big shots, though... They sent their message that the prices are here to stay.

I wanted to buy EU4 and CK2-EU4 converter to continue my CK2 campaigns, but not anymore.

edit: correct phrasing.

There's been a little PDX activity in this thread, toward the beginning at least. What do you really expect them to say? "Oh yeah sorry about the pre-sale price gouging, one of our directors is a little crooked but he outranks me, I'm just a forum mod." Just be glad they haven't locked the thread yet.

HELLO PDX! IS ANYBODY HERE? CAN WE EXPECT ATTENTION AFTER 1K POSTS AND 50 PAGES? DONT WANT TO GIVE US SOME RESPECT?

Those made me laugh!

If they locked the thread people will move away even more. But since someone thought it would be a excellent idea to increase prices, maybe they'll think that about closing the thread too.

This is ridiculous. I was looking at steam page for Pillars of Eternity after the recent update and found out the prices have increased.

And how did I found that out? Not through paradox twitter, newsletter or official page but through the steam REVIEWS. The lack of transparency and proper communication is absurd. I receive constant e-mail from Paradox about every single game update but the inability to proper inform this make the price review shady and disrespectful for their loyal costumers.

I'm very disappointed right now. Paradox is probably the publisher I have spent most of my money on Steam but after this I will probably think twice before buying a new game or expansion.

As someone just said, if thats how Paradox will treat their consumers from now on, they might aswell join the EA group as disrespectful money grabbers.

:(

While these price increases do not affect me as I live in the States, this is still a rather terrible idea and a really poor marketing choice. I mean hell, its fairly obvious its not working out too well judging by the Steam reviews.

So, in order to show my solidarity, I put my Photoshop skills to work.

europayourentiresalary_by_detcord12b-dbcpwgd.png

While these price increases do not affect me as I live in the States, this is still a rather terrible idea and a really poor marketing choice. I mean hell, its fairly obvious its not working out too well judging by the Steam reviews.

1 word
Awesome

Last edited:

Hah! Nice! But there should be not Paradox but Pararob there in bottom right :D

How do the price increases compare to the states? Need to know before I get outraged. In the USA you are better off voting with your wallet which is what I intend to do if these price increases don't have a good justification. I did it when Creative Assembly did it and I have no issue doing it to Paradox either.

How do the price increases compare to the states? Need to know before I get outraged. In the USA you are better off voting with your wallet which is what I intend to do if these price increases don't have a good justification. I did it when Creative Assembly did it and I have no issue doing it to Paradox either.

Again, these prices do not affect me. Just for edification. That said, PDX has been slowly creeping towards the casual as evident in the debacle that is HoI4 for quite awhile now, IMHO only of course. While I will likely continue to pickup expansions for Stellaris if only to continue updates for my mod and because I actually rather like the game, I won't be purchasing any other titles from Paradox. That's speaking with my wallet.

Again, these prices do not affect me. Just for edification. That said, PDX has been slowly creeping towards the casual as evident in the debacle that is HoI4 for quite awhile now, IMHO only of course. While I will likely continue to pickup expansions for Stellaris if only to continue updates for my mod and because I actually rather like the game, I won't be purchasing any other titles from Paradox. That's speaking with my wallet.

I respect you being a true capitalist consumer but that doesn't answer my question. Are these price increases equitable to American prices? In other words is the price increase simply to bring foreign consumers in line with what consumers in other markets, like the US for example, are paying? Did this price increase affect the US? I am also curious as to how the new total prices compare relative to the average income in the countries that saw an increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.