• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are there any plans for any other government types? I could see one for the steppe cultures (the ones I know of in the map are the Alans and, in the future, the Huns).

The Alans settled down quite quickly and for the most part are adequately represented by the Sub-Roman government type, but yes, the nomadic government will be ported (and probably tweaked) for the Huns.

What about a fully roman government? Any additions there?

There's already an Imperial government ingame; I don't think we've made any major changes, if that's what you're asking.

Will Sub-Roman Brythonic governments be able to reform their governments in to Sub-Roman ones, perhaps at a high cost or requirement? I feel like it would annoy players to not have the same abilities as their Gallo-Roman counterparts and be restricted in vassal size after a good amount of decades or so.

Will Sub-Roman Brythonic governments be able to reform their governments in to Sub-Roman ones, perhaps at a high cost or requirement? I feel like it would annoy players to not have the same abilities as their Gallo-Roman counterparts and be restricted in vassal size after a good amount of decades or so.

Or they could simply move on to Imperial government and skip the Sub-Roman phase entirely if they meet the requirements, since they need to hold way less territory to reach imperial status.

Not planned for the moment, although do note that the reduced vassal limit is only in comparison to Sub-Roman, Imperial, and Germanic, who get a big boost (replacing the old, somewhat clunky culture-based boost). The actual numbers for all the feudal governments haven't actually changed for the most part.

Or they could simply move on to Imperial government and skip the Sub-Roman phase entirely if they meet the requirements, since they need to hold way less territory to reach imperial status.

That's also something we hope to work on soon.

I didn't see if you mentioned this or not (and if you did, ignore this lol) but what about the government of the Anglo-Saxons?

Judging from the maps the Anglo-Saxons go under the High Tribal government

Somebody asked a while ago what the music for this mod is. Just for those who are curious, it's samples from Jordi Savall, Le Royaume Oublié (or The Forgotten Kingdom), as performed by Hesperion XXI ;)

Is permission needed to borrow music for a mod? Also what a prolific artist. He makes a LOT of pieces and looking him up I realize I've heard his music without knowing the author, or that he could be (not literally) my neighbour.

Kingdom of Munster, Part 2
In the far west of Munster lies the kingdom of Iarmhumhain, or West Munster, ruled by yet another a cadet branch of the Eoganachta, the Eoganachta Locha Lein. They were largely removed from the kingship at Cashel but developed into a powerful kingdom in its own right, in a prime position to dominate the other kingdoms of Munster and either reject the authority of the King in Cashel, or claim his throne for yourself as the current king Daui Iarlaithe would later do.
LtGBRgU.jpg

Dominating the north is the Ui Fidgenti, a tribe closely related to the Ui Liathain who was probably one of the main pre-Eoganacht powers of the area. They maintained their power and prestige throughout the period, unlike the Corcu Loigde, but perhaps you can do better and claim the kingship that they could never achieve?
TVJKaZ9.jpg

On the west coast lie several more minor kingdoms, beholden to the Eoganacht Locha Lein or Ui Fidgenti. Among them are two tribes of the Sil Conairi, kin to the Muscraige and Dalriata: the Corcu Baiscind and Corcu Duibne. Notably the origin tales of the Corcu Duibne claimed that their ancestor Corc Duibne was the child of incest between Coirpre Musc, the progenitor of the Muscraige, and his sister. There is also the Ciarraige Luachra and the Corcu Mruad, both of whom claimed descent from the Ulster hero Fergus mac Roich.

tB66iib.jpg
G2TL9Ya.jpg

In what is now much of County Clare we find the Deisi Tuisceart - the ancestors of the Dal gCais, who would go on to rule the medieval kingdom of Thomond and produce the great High King Brian Boru. Climbing up from their humble origins would be an interesting challenge.

e7M4voq.jpg

Finally, to the east we have the kingdom of Osraige, which is in an interesting political situation. The foundation legends of the Osraighe say that a little before the main start date, Osraige was invaded by the Corcu Loigde and their Deisi allies; the southern portion of the kingdom would be annexed by the Deisi, and seven kings of the Corcu Loigde would rule the kingdom before being overthrown by the native Dal Birn once more as the Corcu Loigde fell into decline. Consolidate your power and help reestablish your dynasty's dominance over Munster as the Corcu Loigde king of Osraighe, or avenge your dynasty's defeat and overthrow the foreign usurpers as the Dal Birn claimant chieftain. There's also the minor tribe of the Ui Duach, closely related to the Ui Fidgenti.

9BoqMzz.jpg
tRlknrv.jpg

Last edited:
Will you be replacing the old portraits with the new paradox ones for Saxons/Germans etc. Because IMO they are better then the default German/Saxons

The German portraits are currently going to be used by the Irminonic cultures (Alemannic and Thuringian). The Ingvaeonic cultures (Angle, Saxon, Jute, Frisian) will continue to use the custom Saxon portraits.

The German portraits are currently going to be used by the Irminonic cultures (Alemannic and Thuringian). The Ingvaeonic cultures (Angle, Saxon, Jute, Frisian) will continue to use the custom Saxon portraits.
Hm shame i was hoping for both but am glad that at least the inland Germans will be able to use them. Is there a way too modify them in the files so i can make the saxons use the new portraits? Anyways cant wait to play the new update :)

Find the entries of the cultures you want to change in common/cultures/00_cultures.txt and add "germangfx" at the front of the "graphical_cultures = {" entries.
Tried that, it seemed to just revert back to the mods default so i guess ill just wait for official release.

I love the books and the mod (being my favorite one back in CK2's early days), but in recent years I found the mod to be quite too slow - it runs surprisingly slower than AGOT with its thousands of events, and Warhammer with its 1200+ provinces.

Is there a submod that cuts out provinces (in the style of the No India mod) so that performance can be improved at least a little? I really want to play it again.