• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
something tells me he will explore and conquer pagarayung or however its called.

Bit like the flag conflict Ulm and Ferrara have!

Exploration as your first choice is... unexpected. Hopefully it'll work out for you. Perhaps Flanders will rule Africa one day.

Defeating England is a good way to end Karel II Jaworski's reign. I'm sure Margareta IV Jaworski will make her father proud.
I did it in that run I mentioned above where Burgundy lost all its PU's in 1448. I became filthy rich by starting to colonise the whole African coast and than moving eastwards. I was able to hold off most European colonisers to arrive in the East-Indies just because they didn't had the colonial range to start a colony.
Money is short in the beginning but once you're able to build your first manufactures, money starts to flock in. Than you build some more manufactures, you gain more money and before you know it you have an income of around 160. Or that was at least in that run, I can only hope to encounter the same here too.

Very different approach in this one, interesting. Looking forward to the Flemish (?) colonial Empire. :)
Definitely, but no CN. God, I actually start to hate it...

something tells me he will explore and conquer pagarayung or however its called.

Bit like the flag conflict Ulm and Ferrara have!
Challenge accepted ;)!

Electorate, now there's a surprise. Lets see if throwing in your lot with Austria works out well in the future. It's always an interesting decision with long-term decision especially now since you can't really pick both France and Austria.

very interesting start . subbed.
Welcome aboard too mackwolfe.

Electorate, now there's a surprise. Lets see if throwing in your lot with Austria works out well in the future. It's always an interesting decision with long-term decision especially now since you can't really pick both France and Austria.
That was a difficult decision to make: France is a powerhouse but so is Austria and France isn't the BBB as always anymore. Austria was the Emperor and because I joined the HRE for protection it seemed the best choice to choose them. But who says it will last forever...

I will definitly (sorry for my english i am from Germany) enjoy it.
Your English is more than good enough, don't worry.:) It'll only get better by reading and writing. Many of us here are non-natives ourselves. My protip is to read a lot, you will pick up much that way. In any case, your spelling errors are minor.:)

Reactions:
I will definitly (sorry for my english i am from Germany) enjoy it.
Your English is more than good enough, don't worry.:) It'll only get better by reading and writing. Many of us here are non-natives ourselves. My protip is to read a lot, you will pick up much that way. In any case, your spelling errors are minor.:)
@Nikolai is right, your English is good just as my English is. I can only hope you'll get better at understanding English by reading mine and many other AAR's.

And by the way, your German will be way better than mine, so there's that ;)!

Reactions:
If your German knowledge goes further than 'Guten Tag' and 'Das Wetter ist schön.', than it is better than mine :p.
Haha, there's something to it.:p

Guten Tag, mein Lehnsherr! Kann ich dich etwas machen?

There. I beat Tom D.:D

Chapter III: 4th of May 1479 till 3rd of April 1499
Chapter III: 4th of May 1479 till 3rd of April 1499

When Margareta ascended to the throne, she was convinced further expansion was necessary to increase the power and might of the Flemish kingdom. She ordered a 'Levée en Masse', increasing the manpower pool with 50%. And she was preparing her first war...

On the 25th of February 1481, war was declared on Friesland. They were joined by Hamburg, and have 9000 infantry, 2000 cavalry and 2000 artillery. Flanders was joined by Poland-Lithuania. Together, they field an army of around 32000 infantry, 25000 cavalry but no artillery yet.

The first battle occurred when the army of Hamburg tried to siege Utrecht. The Flemish army quickly arrived at Utrecht and chased away the Hamburgian army. The champion has very good fire stats, and limited shock stats, but he was definitely better than the leader of Hamburg and Friesland combined.

20160521153747_1.jpg

On the 4th of July 1481, the Frisian army got defeated and Friesland was under siege. A year later, the Frisian troops surrendered to the Flemish army. Two minor battles were fought with Hamburg, and when the Polish and Lithuanian troops entered Hamburg, peace was concluded: Hamburg would annul all their treaties with Riga, Bremen and Lübeck and they will pay 350 ducats. The German princes near Lübeck were very rich and plundering their cities and demanding much money proved to be a great way to fuel the Flemish treasury. Although it severely increases our inflation...

Soon after, Friesland was annexed on the 16th of November 1482, with the Flemish army guarding the rebellious people.

20160521154418_1.jpg

3 years later, Margareta gave birth to a daughter, which she called after herself, Margareta (6/2/3). The succession was once again safe. To honour Austria, whose heir was the husband of Margareta, Kales was added to the Empire, increasing the Imperial authority.

But Margareta wasn't finished yet with her expansion: she announced Brittany as Flanders official rival. She also accepted the quest for the new world, enabling Flanders to recruit conquistadores and explorers to travel across the whole world, searching for riches and exotic goods.

And after that, she declared a 'Humiliate Rival' war with Britanny, who was allied with England. Austria would join the war.

20160521191829_1.jpg

The war should have gone very well, since Flanders and Austria had more troops, but with Austrian troops staying at their newly conquered province of Treviso they left the Flemish armies to deal with the English alone.

After Kales and Vlaanderen - our capital - fell, Flanders conceded defeat: Flanders would lose 20 prestige while Britanny gained 100 of each monarch power. This was a very embarrassing war, which reduced Flanders prestige and power across Europe. Margareta was furious against Austria. She decided to leave them alone for a long time. She instead focused on obtaining more colonial range.

On the 3th of April 1499 the first explorer, Antoon Van Leeuwergem, was hired to lead a ship on a journey far beyond Europe.

20160521193749_1.jpg

The colonial race has begun...

Shame about the Breton war, but at least it wasn't too big of a setback (other than you not gaining anything from your investment).

let me guess, you want to go for Denmark/ HOP/ Norway and Iceland to hop into Newfoundland huh...