• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TinyWiking

Team Lead - Customer Support
Administrator
Paradox Staff
90 Badges
Jul 1, 2015
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Limited Collectors Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • PDXCON 2017 Gold Ticket holder
  • Haemimont Games Staff
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • IPO Investor
  • Eugen Systems Staff
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
Greetings fellow adventurers!
The issue where some users found that the save game on their Android 6 device went missing has been resolved with a hotfix that we just released.

When you start the game (and had a save that disappeared) you will be prompted with the following screen:

Screenshot_20160126-150235.png

THIS IS IMPORTANT!
This choice will only come once! If you decided to keep your NEW save file your OLD save file will be deleted permanently and vice versa.

We sincerely apologize for the issues caused and hope you find our solution satisfactory.

Reactions:
I'm on a nexus 5x and still can't save game. Every time I save and exit and then return go the game the save file is gone and am prompted by the message above again. I can literally get as much coins as I want by repeating the aforementioned steps but will be left with no saved games. Hopefully a fix will come soon.

P.S what's the deal with asking for access to mic/media/phone etc?

I'm on a nexus 5x and still can't save game. Every time I save and exit and then return go the game the save file is gone and am prompted by the message above again. I can literally get as much coins as I want by repeating the aforementioned steps but will be left with no saved games. Hopefully a fix will come soon.

Thank you for letting us know, I'll pass on the info (and ask about the mic/media/phone question)!

Jumping in to thank you for the report - the fix seems to have worked fine for most people. Sorry you're not one of them.
  • First question - have you played on with the restored savegame?
    • If not, please enter the save, change locations once, save & exit, and then try restarting the app to see whether that's fixed it.
  • Second question - do you use our cloud save (via the Paradox Account login, black-and-white button at the bottom)?
    • If not, could you try to sign in, play a little (as before), and see whether you can access the cloud save.
To cut a long story short, it boils down to four systems:
  • Cloud Save - As discussed above.
  • Everyplay - A system run by Unity (the same people running the engine) that allows you to record and stream game sessions and share them.
    • Most 'big' access requests (microphone, camera, etc.) stem from here.
    • Everyplay is deactivated by default on Android devices since some older devices may be incompatible.
    • You can activate it in the settings menu.
  • In-Game Telemetry - We collect data on stuff like how many quests players complete and which battles are really difficult.
    • I encourage you to have a look at our privacy policy if you have any concerns about such data collection.
    • Personally, having worked at a few games companies before Paradox, the policy made me happy. It basically restricts our use of your data as far as we can whilst still getting you your games.
  • Push Notifications - Yes, we've got those.
    • Depending on your device, the exact setting location changes, but you should be able to deactivate them for any app on the OS level if you don't want them.

Reactions:
Jumping in to thank you for the report - the fix seems to have worked fine for most people. Sorry you're not one of them.
  • First question - have you played on with the restored savegame?
    • If not, please enter the save, change locations once, save & exit, and then try restarting the app to see whether that's fixed it.
  • Second question - do you use our cloud save (via the Paradox Account login, black-and-white button at the bottom)?
    • If not, could you try to sign in, play a little (as before), and see whether you can access the cloud save.

To cut a long story short, it boils down to four systems:
  • Cloud Save - As discussed above.
  • Everyplay - A system run by Unity (the same people running the engine) that allows you to record and stream game sessions and share them.
    • Most 'big' access requests (microphone, camera, etc.) stem from here.
    • Everyplay is deactivated by default on Android devices since some older devices may be incompatible.
    • You can activate it in the settings menu.
  • In-Game Telemetry - We collect data on stuff like how many quests players complete and which battles are really difficult.
    • I encourage you to have a look at our privacy policy if you have any concerns about such data collection.
    • Personally, having worked at a few games companies before Paradox, the policy made me happy. It basically restricts our use of your data as far as we can whilst still getting you your games.
  • Push Notifications - Yes, we've got those.
    • Depending on your device, the exact setting location changes, but you should be able to deactivate them for any app on the OS level if you don't want them.

Hey thanks for the response. Ive not tried switching locations yet but will do once I'm off work and will let you know.

And thanks for clarifying about the app permissons.

I'm also having this problem.

I have a Motorola X gen 2. My save game list is empty, and even if I start a new game and save+quit, the next time I start the game the saved games list will be empty again.

Reactions:
This new bug has been reported by several uses, and has a high profile. I'll make sure it gets looked at next week.

Reactions: