• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm pretty sure they said on one of the streams that it's a pretty easy thing to mod (a matter of changing the weighting in a text file).

Thanks! :)
I'll be trawling the files tomorrow, then. :D

- You can now sign a peace that would result in going down to -999 DIP, this to prevent situations where you're unable to make a suitable peace (which has higher priority than other DIP expenses).

So is this why the AI would never peace out when you want to surrender?

Ugh, Bosnia/Serbia nerfed much... A bit pointless friendship but I understand it... But Ragusa.... It will be easy mode now... No more instant declaration of war from Venice.

Reactions:
Historically in this period, national infantry was rarely used outside their local area, mercenaries in the form of infantry were commonly used when fighting abroad due to restrictions on infantry not being allowed to be too far away from home (in order to secure harvest) or only a fraction were pulled abroad, but was paid to travel outside their area for an extended period. So in that regard it makes sense. Ottoman campaign against Hungary were done from spring-autumn, which meant they could have an effective 30 days of fighting and conquering before the army was sent home to tend their farms and workshops.

Mercenaries and local armies were then used to continue the war or secure their conquest until next spring

Ah, your 100% correct. My fears were unjustified.
Nevermind everyone.

Wait a second.
"- Achievements relating to the Americas will no longer be possible if playing with a random new world."

Then it 's impossible to make sunset invasion in RNW ?

Wait a second.
"- Achievements relating to the Americas will no longer be possible if playing with a random new world."

Then it 's impossible to make sunset invasion in RNW ?
Obviously.

- AI attitudes are now hardcoded, to both improve performance and make the AI more consistent and logical in its attitude selection.

So what exactly does this mean? AI nations will have fixed attitudes from the start? @Wiz

- AI attitudes are now hardcoded, to both improve performance and make the AI more consistent and logical in its attitude selection.

So what exactly does this mean? AI nations will have fixed attitudes from the start? @Wiz

Just means they can't be modded.

Reactions:
Anyways i always took at least 1 out of 3 of those three decisions: Church Taxes, Superintendents and Promote Suffragian Biishops. Church taxes almost always in the end, the rarest one being the suffragian bishop.

Exciting news. I had taken a break from EU4 but the recent changes seem to be just the doctor ordered.

I'll have to buy El Dorado and The Cossacks and start some campaigns :)