Fallout's Doomsday 2.5.1.2 for Darkest Hour (latest release: 22-04-2023)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So i just got the Zombie Apocalypse.
What do besides join the endless hordes of the dead?

Dig in on good defensive areas and let them eat your enemies? That's what I often do with the Zombies and Spiders.
If they're attacking you, that depends on wherever you got enough land to maneuver or not. If you have, then you might want to let them advance a bit until their army disperses in numbers, then start doing encirclement. A regular or ghoul-based army is best for this. Might want to watch out for terrain, because rad-zombies are Irregular units.
Air units are great for killing zombies and spiders en masse with air bombardment, might want to look that up. If you got big manpower and no air supremacy challengers, go Zeppelins, or else use Choppers or V-Birds.

I just installed this mod, and while it's pretty fun I haven't got a chance to play it much because for some reason the game will start to freeze at 23:00 every day. It always unfreezes itself, but the pauses are fairly long and make me just quit the game in annoyance. Any idea what it could be?

There is a certain stage in the game where marauders will spawn and things slow down for a couple of ingame months.
You just have to grit your teeth and think of England while it happens.
It will speed up after.

Reactions:
Are there any plans to expand the map on the whole world?
Because it is interesting to me to look at post-apocalyptical Europe, Asia and Africa.
If you are interested i even have some ideas, which countries may exist there and how they may be organized.
(yeah i do know that the game fallout itself is only about america, but on the other side the game DarkestHour is only about 20th century;))

How about start with adding Greenland and Iceland? In which nations the nuclear war have had the least impact.

Maybe a viking nation which includes both nations? Steam punk vikings with plasma axes and riot police shields? And of course: a large fleet and expanding plans to the west. Maybe they stopped sending vikings to the east because those ships dissapeared into a mystical mist that surrounds the brittish Isles?

Are there any plans to expand the map on the whole world?
Because it is interesting to me to look at post-apocalyptical Europe, Asia and Africa.
If you are interested i even have some ideas, which countries may exist there and how they may be organized.
(yeah i do know that the game fallout itself is only about america, but on the other side the game DarkestHour is only about 20th century;))

Well to my knowledge the team are taking a 'wait and see' policy for now because they want to see what fallout 4 will bring to the lore. In the mod so far the west coast is nice and densely packed with factions because we got so much info about what exists there from Fallout 1, 2 and new vegas. Fallout tactics also went a long way in filling out the mid western US. The east coast is pretty bare bones. This is because the mod was made before fallout 3 and because the events of fallout 3 all occur in a relatively small area, which at best could only be represented by a single faction in a single province, for example a Washington DC brotherhood of steel faction.

My basic point is that more needs to be done to fill out the map of the US and give the whole continent the same level of detail and tender loving car that the west coast has gotten so far.

At the very least fallout 4 should give us some info on who the main factions on the US east coast are.

Reactions:
i have this problem where my game keeps crashing it could be one or two reasons
1. when i star the game says there's a problem with the provinces, heres the debug
Scenario Validation (provinces)...
Province 8020 () is a landprovince without owner.
Scenario Validation End
2. it only happens when anyone attacks or is attacked.
any help would be appreciated

i have this problem where my game keeps crashing it could be one or two reasons
1. when i star the game says there's a problem with the provinces, heres the debug
Scenario Validation (provinces)...
Province 8020 () is a landprovince without owner.
Scenario Validation End
2. it only happens when anyone attacks or is attacked.
any help would be appreciated
The first error causes the second. However, as that problem was fixed a while ago It can be 2 things:
1. You are not using the 1.04RC1 (beta, if you prefer) patch for DH.
2. You didn't overwrite the files of the main download with the ones on FIX 11.

Well to my knowledge the team are taking a 'wait and see' policy for now because they want to see what fallout 4 will bring to the lore. In the mod so far the west coast is nice and densely packed with factions because we got so much info about what exists there from Fallout 1, 2 and new vegas. Fallout tactics also went a long way in filling out the mid western US. The east coast is pretty bare bones. This is because the mod was made before fallout 3 and because the events of fallout 3 all occur in a relatively small area, which at best could only be represented by a single faction in a single province, for example a Washington DC brotherhood of steel faction.

My basic point is that more needs to be done to fill out the map of the US and give the whole continent the same level of detail and tender loving car that the west coast has gotten so far.

At the very least fallout 4 should give us some info on who the main factions on the US east coast are.
That`s pity, but I do understand the reasons.So, if nothing will be done, let`s just wait.

I've played this mod in the past and it's great, but I just installed this mod again, and there seems to be a new feature where your leaders die in battle. The rate at which they die is utterly ridiculous, for example, in my last battle against just 3 maruders, 5 leaders were killed. And every other battle is a steady stream of leaders killed. It's an incredibly dumb feature, and I want to know how to remove it, because I refuse to play the game like this. Can someone help please?

What the Ice Wasters? I can't even choise their flag in the beginning of game.
I think that the thirsd Alliance should be Ghoul Confederance (or what the name of this really good project of ghoul-unification Gecko, Necropolis & Kanzas Free State?). There can be a lot of events about relations between Gecko and City Vault, or, maybe, Ghoul Alliance want to erase Kurtz's dictatorship.

I've played this mod in the past and it's great, but I just installed this mod again, and there seems to be a new feature where your leaders die in battle. The rate at which they die is utterly ridiculous, for example, in my last battle against just 3 maruders, 5 leaders were killed. And every other battle is a steady stream of leaders killed. It's an incredibly dumb feature, and I want to know how to remove it, because I refuse to play the game like this. Can someone help please?
I noticed this. It has to be a bug related to FODD, though, because I don't think vanilla DH has this issue.

EDIT: Apply Fix 11. It solves that issue. I just didn't notice at first.

Last edited:
Update: New version. Or more like 'old version that never got around to publish'. Anyway, the patch.
FIX 12 (cumulative): http://www.mediafire.com/download/tbadguq5pkyg43k/FIX-12.rar
Checksum HKSC.

Changelog (may be incomplete):
################################################
# Changelog 12 (14/09/2015)
################################################
Added 2 new factions (White legs, Beast lords). Currently, both lack leaders and techs teams.
- Events.txt: Added Beastlords.txt and White_Legs.txt to the event file list
New_Arroyo.txt: Unlocked Harmony and Greening Way for the tribal path
Unlocked all tribal techs for tribal nations. Affected files: Manitou_Tribes.txt, Darien_tribes.txt, Warriors_of_Ice.txt
Clean up of scenario files: All files covered minus Wasteland, FAL, Dead Islands, bases, installations, VP, and unused.
Fixed wrong capitals of Reavers (687-6683), Kurtz (734-6162), X_Alpha (628-799)
Rebels.txt: Changed initial CW revolt (event 90000001) AI will have less rebels to take care of.

Former_USA.txt: event 12004 loads new AI. Now, FUSA fights back. Quite effectively at that.
Modified event 'USA Desperate Broadcast' for AI to not give extra dissent.
AI FUSA now keeps a couple of planes.
Gecko.txt: Modified event 1030. Now it triggers if under attack from Vault City and grants a garrison.
Files updated to include new factions (BEN, BHU):
General.txt, Resources.txt, Dead_Islands.txt
General.txt: Split most of the 2x1 state events.
Added events to unify other areas. Not considered Hawaii and a few Pacific's islands. Several of the descriptions are just placeholders.

AI files: Clean up of all AI files. Inclusion of new brigade to many files
AUS.ai: Reworking. Test pending. Can't be any worse, to be honest.
Added "Biological Warfare" as initial tech for Rad-Zombie Wastes
Modified U34.ai
Created AI for FUSA while at civil war. Seems to work.

Modified adj-defs.csv (canal to sea in most instances, to allow naval blockage)
Minor edit to Province.csv (removed all remaining errors)
Added and edited several descriptions in event_text.csv
Given a few extra initial cores to Spiders
Enabled a few extra divisions for future use.

New File: Beastlords.txt, White_Legs.txt

building_costs.txt:
- Decreased infra, fort, coastal port and AA building time. Coastal and Land Fort are 80 days, AA is 100, infra is 70 days. The rest remain the same.

misc.txt:
- Nationalism starting value modified from 35 to 25.
- Division XP Gain Factor increased from 0.8 to 1.5.
- Leader XP gain factor increased from 0.8 to 1.0

West_BOS.txt:
- Made the intro event provide more protection against outsider spying, and a small bonus for the Brotherhood's spying. Remember - the Brotherhood is a isolationist, xenophobic organization. They very very rarely accept outsiders in their ranks. This means its very very hard or simply impossible to put spies inside the Brotherhood. One would require advanced disguise techniques, passing as a existing member or otherwise brainwashing or recruiting a brotherhood member - one's hard enough (unless you got tech like CODE or psionics), but the later is even harder because Brotherhood members are pretty much all loyal to the death.

Political.txt: Changed most trigger to be more precise and efficient
Military technocracy now gives a 5% research bonus and +10 repair mod, plus a 5% overall decrease in recruit times.

FODD/db/tech:
infantry_tech.txt:
- Sentry Robots tech gone from being a 2265 to 2260 tech, to accompany a similar change to New Era Industrialization. This is just the beginning, as I plan to turn Human-made robots into quite the little useful unit type, although they will never be as strong as a real robot army.

aircraft_tech.txt:
- Changed tech requirements of Gatling Laser Turrets - you need to research Gatling Laser tech now.

armor_tech.txt:
- Added Energy Weapon brigades. They're now independent of the machine-gun/AA branch and often require new advances in industrial, electronic or material technologies.

industry_tech.txt:
- Changed Early Factories from 2253 to 2252, Early Industrialization from 2259 to 2256 and New Era Industrialization from 2265 to 2260. As it was, getting anything beyond the second tech was pretty much a bragging rights award, completionism or the sign you are entangled in a never-ending war.

naval_doctrines_tech:
- Tesla Coils attachment now requires Electric Weapons tech.

secret_weapons_tech.txt:
- Supersoldiers tech fixed - was giving +2 air vulnerability of air units, now diminishes it by -2.
- Increased research time of many Secret techs by tripling the Science requirement of every tech. Making your soldiers into an army of super-men isn't that easy now.
- Basic Fusion and Advanced Fusion were showing the wrong components. It is fixed now.

Known Issues: The 2 new factions lack tech-teams, descriptions and actual ministers. But otherwise functional. At some point in the future, we'll fill the blanks.
I'll upload a full version of the mod (no patch required), but it takes forever to do so. Damn 300 MB of music.