• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
[SIZE=+1]Senator Ferrantios Kastelos:[/SIZE]

Save what, dear senators? The smoking lands that once were green and rich? The poor christians that now are no more than slaves heading Xenoi lands? There is nothing to save at this point! Probably, at this very time, the walls of the Aquitania Capital are being destroyed. Face the facts, the reality, romans: Our troops would take weeks, WEEKS in arrive.

God certainly wouldn't want to their sons to lose their lifes for a lost cause. Aquitaine is a martyr. All those good christians are. Sadly, we have to let them die today, so we can avenge them tomorrow. If we go to war, it will be suicide.

Let's cripple The Horde. Let them pay for their crimes against Iesus Kristos. This is an opportunity that we may never have again. Our entire north will be safe of threat for decades. No, centuries! Think, Senate, think. For the good of the Empire and its people.

[SIZE=+1]Question[/SIZE]

Esteemed Megas logothetes Theodoros, there is any possibility to take every coast of the Pontos Euxinos from the barbaric hands of The Horde, as one of my fellow senators said? If there is a chance, we MUST take it to eliminate the constant fear of mongol pirates that so much damage have done to our fleets.

[SIZE=+1]Senator Ferrantios Kastelos:[/SIZE]

Save what, dear senators? The smoking lands that once were green and rich? The poor christians that now are no more than slaves heading Xenoi lands? There is nothing to save at this point! Probably, at this very time, the walls of the Aquitania Capital are being destroyed. Face the facts, the reality, romans: Our troops would take weeks, WEEKS in arrive.

God certainly wouldn't want to their sons to lose their lifes for a lost cause. Aquitaine is a martyr. All those good christians are. Sadly, we have to let them die today, so we can avenge them tomorrow. If we go to war, it will be suicide.

Let's cripple The Horde. Let them pay for their crimes against Iesus Kristos. This is an opportunity that we may never have again. Our entire north will be safe of threat for decades. No, centuries! Think, Senate, think. For the good of the Empire and its people.

[SIZE=+1]Senator Nicholaus II[/SIZE]

I would have us fight Xenoi and Pisan scum, and save us a future war on two fronts! This is precisely my point- the north is already secured and the Horde already crippled- or do you think, even if we settled for the reclamation of the lost lands, that the Horde would be a threat after Timur has mauled what is left of them? What would you have us do- beyond seizing the coasts? Are we to waste precious resources on the God-forsaken steppes while our brothers are held under the Xenoi? Are you so foolish to think that either Timur or the Xenoi will spare their covetous eyes and ravenous hordes from our Limes? Imagine, if you will- the Xenoi are allowed to crush Aquitaine and Poland, and then look to Italy itself, whilst Timur- his northern border also secure- strikes again at Egypt! We must show the Xenoi our strength, crush them while they are busy in Aquitaine and not yet in Poland, before they can prepare for a war against us. The cornered man must strike out with all his strength- not cower in fear, waiting to die.

{{Is it possible to have my current senator die of syphilis (or "syphilis") a bit early? I'd like to play the scheming noble from middle ages rather than old ages, if at all possible...
though a madman could be fun in and of itself}}

I would have us fight Xenoi and Pisan scum, and save us a future war on two fronts! This is precisely my point- the north is already secured and the Horde already crippled- or do you think, even if we settled for the reclamation of the lost lands, that the Horde would be a threat after Timur has mauled what is left of them? What would you have us do- beyond seizing the coasts? Are we to waste precious resources on the God-forsaken steppes while our brothers are held under the Xenoi? Are you so foolish to think that either Timur or the Xenoi will spare their covetous eyes and ravenous hordes from our Limes? Imagine, if you will- the Xenoi are allowed to crush Aquitaine and Poland, and then look to Italy itself, whilst Timur- his northern border also secure- strikes again at Egypt! We must show the Xenoi our strength, crush them while they are busy in Aquitaine and not yet in Poland, before they can prepare for a war against us. The cornered man must strike out with all his strength- not cower in fear, waiting to die.

{{Is it possible to have my current senator die of syphilis (or "syphilis") a bit early? I'd like to play the scheming noble from middle ages rather than old ages, if at all possible...
though a madman could be fun in and of itself}}

[SIZE=+1]Senator Ferrantios Kastelos[/SIZE]

Did you listened the words of Megas Logothetes? You know how many of those beasts are waiting for us beyond our limes? Do you really think that we are prepared to face the unknown right now? Because I don't think so. Maybe this is a trap, and Aquitaine just a bait. Yes! Let's send all our troops to the barbarians! Yes, let's test our new and mighty fleet!

*Ferrantios keeps silences for 4 seconds*

I must remind you that we lost half of the Imperial Navy in the last war against Xenoi, only to see how other 2 or 3 gigantic fleets came to replace the destroyed one. Thousands of beast came to set fire Italy, Africa and more.

And what about these... cannons that I've heard they are experimenting with? We are seriously out dated in technology, Senator Nicholaus!

*Suddenly he stops talking again. Ferrantios looks over the people present. Even being a Senate, words will never be enough to persons like d'Este-Ravenna. Impulsive fools. Guided only by their blind faith. There was no place for reason here, and, slowly, he was understanding why his father never was an active player in Magnaura. His face turned red, full of angry and deception.*

Technology means nothing for you, right?

Oh, but wait. I'm sure that your sword will be capable of stop whatever demonic art they are developing. Just as I'm sure that every Red senator in this hall will send their sons to war, oh, for the glory, oh, in the name of Saint Markos! Non-senses! Suicidal thoughts! Proposals of men that think their sword, yelling and madness will guide our Imperium to safety.

Bah. You are only throwing us all to darkness! Aegypt was a good cause, a reasonable one, but save this lost and pathethic realm is an stupidity. It will only extend the war! Give them what they want and they will leave Poland alone. If we dare to enter to this war, we will doom our limes to a pression that we cannot hold yet. But no, let's sacrifice all what we have acomplish these years for a war that is lost months ago.

I'm pretty sure that right now the head of the king of Aquitaine is on a stick at the top of his destroyed castle.

*He sits down again, clearly annoyed.*

Last edited:
Senator Alvar Cortez

[size=+1]A question for the Megas Logothetes:[/size]

I suppose our new patriarch of Antiocheia *Alvar crosses himself* can also weigh in on this: what becomes of the souls of those sacrificed to the Xenoi's dark gods on their foul altars? I would like to know whether abandoning our Christian brothers, Leonese heretics aside, would condemn them to damnation or paradise.

[SIZE=+1]Senator Ferrantios Kastelos[/SIZE]

Did you listened the words of Megas Logothetes? You know how many of those beasts are waiting for us beyond our limes? Do you really think that we are prepared to face the unknown right now? Because I don't think so. Maybe this is a trap, and Aquitaine just a bait. Yes! Let's send all our troops to the barbarians! Yes, let's test our new and mighty fleet!

*Ferrantios keeps silences for 4 seconds*

I must remind you that we lost half of the Imperial Navy in the last war against Xenoi, only to see how other 2 or 3 gigantic fleets came to replace the destroyed one. Thousands of beast came to set fire Italy, Africa and more.

And what about these... cannons that I've heard they are experimenting with? We are seriously out dated in technology, Senator Nicholaus!

*Suddenly he stops talking again. Ferrantios looks over the people present. Even being a Senate, words will never be enough to persons like d'Este-Ravenna. Impulsive fools. Guided only by their blind faith. There was no place for reason here, and, slowly, he was understanding why his father never was an active player in Magnaura. His face turned red, full of angry and deception.*

Technology means nothing for you, right?

Oh, but wait. I'm sure that your sword will be capable of stop whatever demonic art they are developing. Just as I'm sure that every Red senator in this hall will send their sons to war, oh, for the glory, oh, in the name of Saint Markos! Non-senses! Suicidal thoughts! Proposals of men that think their sword, yelling and madness will guide our Imperium to safety.

Bah. You are only throwing us all to darkness! Aegypt was a good cause, a reasonable one, but save this lost and pathethic realm is an stupidity. It will only extend the war! Give them what they want and they will leave Poland alone. If we dare to enter to this war, we will doom our limes to a pression that we cannot hold yet. But no, let's sacrifice all what we have acomplish these years for a war that is lost months ago.

I'm pretty sure that right now the head of the king of Aquitaine is on a stick at the top of his destroyed castle.

*He sits down again, clearly annoyed.*

The senator rises angrily to his feet. "All of my sons have fought in the army, sir, and my nephews and brothers as well. Explain to me, senator, how time and inaction will even the odds between us and the Xenoi.

The senator rises angrily to his feet. "All of my sons have fought in the army, sir, and my nephews and brothers as well. Explain to me, senator, how time and inaction will even the odds between us and the Xenoi.

Senator Gaius Arrius

Senator Nicholaus, I believe what Senator Kastelos is saying is that the Imperium must advance its technology if we are to stand a chance against the Xenoi.

Senator Hadrianos Raoul :

Senators, I see that many fear Xenoi and their use of cannons. I'm not an expert in the military field but aren't these cannons merely a weapon siege. Moreover we don't know how much of these artillery corps are used by their armies. They have an edge in technology but it is a small one, one we can easily exceed if we launch our armies to the West ! Timurids are occupied in the steppes but for how long ? Are you sure you want to risk that we face a double attack in the following years from both Xenoi who will never be satisfied with mere Aquitaine and Timurids. It is right now the time to strike ! Should we take up the protection of Aquitaine, we will be assured that we would be in full control of the war instead of merely being an exchange money the king in Bordeaux could use to compensate his losses.
Megas Lothotetes has already shown us what we could gain from the Horde. While I agree that full control of Pont-Euxinos would protect the ships, it would also be a huge burden for the throne with heathen lands to pacify for decades. With the exhaustion of the Horde, maybe we could support rebels in their lands. I heard many Ros still retain their culture instead of assimilating into the Horde. A financial help could be sent to strengthen the eventual rebels and weaken the Horde in the years to come.

This matter brings me another question to ask to our guest :
Could we gain help from the populations under the Xenoi's control ? Maybe some help could be sent to help them rebel against their devilish masters ?

[SIZE=+1]Senator Anastasios VI Salamis:[/SIZE]
Senator Kastelos, you're a reasonable man and I respect you. However, you're wrong this time.
Like it was said by others, now is the best opportunity to strike- while the horde is almost destroyed and the Timurids are occupied with a war against them, we have almost no threat of an attack from the east.
The Xenoi are strong, yes- but they will remain strong. The time to strike is now, while we aren't threated by a two fronted war- and I believe that with decent diplomacy we can take from the horde all the lands we need, the shores of Pont-Euxinos, the lands of Taurica and some lands for Moldau too. thus, we're completly free to war with the Xenoi. You're also forgetting one important matter- I would also, with much sadness, not think that Aquitaine can be saved- but what of Poland? Once the Xenoi destroy the Occitans, they will strike at Poland- do you want to forsake our most loyal allies, those who destroyed the barbarian forces advancing to help Tirol against us and prevented a disaster? No, we cannot lose Poland.

Senator Domenico Colombo:

{{Domenico walks up to the Podium}}

As Leader of the Red Demes, I herefore propose (and support) the following Amendments and Provisions to the Bills being considered.

{{Changes underlined}}

1. The next reform of the Empire shall be Administrative reform.
2. The Sanation of the Administration of the Imperial Palace shall be a Military Focus
3. The Full Allocation of subsidies will go to Poland. Aquitaine will receive no subsidies.
4. The Empire will Ally with the Kingdom of Aquitaine.

I also urge the Red Demes to support the resolution regarding the exploratory mission.

The Steppes are not worth fighting for. Let the Horde and Timurids bleed each other to death and freeze in the cold. The Balance of the West must be preserved. Our lands in Italy, stolen from us by the Pisans, are our goal, and always shall be.

For God, Imperium, and Emperor!

Senator Gaius Arrius

Senator Raoul, as Leader of the Blue Demes, what are your thoughts on my proposal?

{{Sorry, I forgot only leaders could propose amendments.}}

[SIZE=+1]Senator Arman II Eliasian:[/SIZE]
Senator Colombo, why do you think we should only give subsidies to Poland?
{{ParrotGuy, remember, Aquitaine is Polish. BTW next idea group should totally be dip. We need to use that 6 dip of Markos III while it's still there.}}

Senator Hadrianos Raoul

Since I am leader of the Blue Demes I propose the following amendments :
1. The next reform of the Empire shall be Expansion reform.
2. The Sanation of the Administration of the Imperial Palace shall have no particular focus
3. The Full Allocation of subsidies will go to Poland. Aquitaine will receive no subsidies.
4. The Empire will Ally with the Kingdom of Aquitaine.
5. The Empire will finance expedition of the Indian Ocean

If I join senator Colombo on the last plans, I however can't agree honestly with the first resolutions

{{Domenico responds to Arman}}

Aquitaine is already being invaded and sieged. If their army is not completely shattered yet, it will be by the time we get to them. subsidies can do little for them. Poland has time to pull back its forces, reinforce, and hire mercenaries with our subsidies before the Xenoi reach them.

{{Domenico then walks over and whispers to Hadrianos}}

It is a.. shame that we may leave the last Great Session as political enemies. But the time is not yet right. I am old, and though I would like to see us take exploratory reforms, I do not have the strength in me to pull the Senate to them. The other Demes will accuse the Blues of power-mongering if we take Expansion reforms now, and then push for Exploratory reforms next. But it is the least I can do to throw support for this mission. I hope you understand.

{{Domenico then speaks up to a level that all Senators can hear}}

It is a waste and a sham to waste the energy of the Bureaucracy on Expansion into new areas! A mission organize by an outside party, perhaps, but the Imperium can only do so much at once. It is the... greed and shortsightedness of the Blues that leads them to this!

Some Senators have inquired about dynastic ties, and to that I can only say that I do have two grandchildren. Twins, one boy, one girl. However, they are extremely young, and I hesitate to commit the girl yet. And besides, it ought to be my son's decision, not mine.

I must ask, where in all hells, or heavens, in his case, is the Patriarch? The Whites have been leaderless this session, and are getting, cough, out of hand. I don't care if Jesus himself has called him outside for a chitchat, he needs to get back in here!

{{Where's viola?? We need additional crazy religious nuts!}}

Senator Hadrianos Raoul

*Hadrianors mutters to Colombo*
I understand your position Senator. We will see how our countrymen will vote, for in this matter we don't have much power left *he chuckles*. I hope the Blues will someday shine and help the Imperium...

*He then approaches Senator Arrius*
Excuse me Senator, what was your proposal ? My resolutions are not definite for the moment so if we join on the matter you want to talk about, maybe I will change it

{{Domenico responds to Arman}}

Aquitaine is already being invaded and sieged. If their army is not completely shattered yet, it will be by the time we get to them. subsidies can do little for them. Poland has time to pull back its forces, reinforce, and hire mercenaries with our subsidies before the Xenoi reach them.

{{Domenico then walks over and whispers to Hadrianos}}

{{Domenico then speaks up to a level that all Senators can hear}}

It is a waste and a sham to waste the energy of the Bureaucracy on Expansion into new areas! A mission organize by an outside party, perhaps, but the Imperium can only do so much at once. It is the... greed and shortsightedness of the Blues that leads them to this!

Some Senators have inquired about dynastic ties, and to that I can only say that I do have two grandchildren. Twins, one boy, one girl. However, they are extremely young, and I hesitate to commit the girl yet. And besides, it ought to be my son's decision, not mine.

I must ask, where in all hells, or heavens, in his case, is the Patriarch? The Whites have been leaderless this session, and are getting, cough, out of hand. I don't care if Jesus himself has called him outside for a chitchat, he needs to get back in here!

{{Where's viola?? We need additional crazy religious nuts!}}

[SIZE=+1]Senator Anastasios VI Salamis:[/SIZE]
Senator Colombo, I find it odd that someone like you, who proposed deals to the white demes, allow yourself to speak this way to a Patriach- and talk about Iesus Kristos with such a disrespect.
Honourable Senator Raoul, I'll support your proposal- however, why did you chose to propose that the Imperium will not have a particular focus?

[size=+1]Senator Eumenes Ouranos:[/size]

Eumenes muses out loud about Senator Raoul's propositions

Since focusing on one particular thing would mean that the Imperium would be lacking in other places. A wise endeavor to spread our focus equally, in some cases, but here the Imperium must have it's total attention on administration.
Without this, the assimilation of our soon-to-be lands of the Black Sea coastline will be hard indeed. On the other propositions, I will not repeat myself why I am against Exploration, as I am sure most Senators will be most annoyed if I did. This is why I believe that Senator Colombo should be listened and followed by all.

((By the way, all my respects to the families of the victims of the savagery that happened today in Paris. Even though free press is probably censored in TIM2 Imperium, I hope that it will never be irl.
#I am Charlie))

Last edited:
((By the way, all my respects to the families of the victims of the savagery that happened today in Paris. Even though free press is probably censored in TIM2 Imperium, I hope that it will never be irl.
#I am Charlie))
{{Me too. This is a sad day.}}

{{Attalus, I suggested we make Poland a vassal, assuming they would accept.}}