• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm more optimistic : I would say 13 days, cause once you breaktrought, it's easy to take Paris ^^

I understood :p, but this won't be THE breakthrough. I will follow the Manstein Plan, and making havoc in Belgium will lure the French to rush to her defense. (I have trouble in English with that. Is it her or its defense?)

This is going to be interesting - I never really could reproduce Sichelschnitt in the old HoI2, because of the map layout. Perhaps it's more possible in DH.

And BTW, it should be either "its" or "her" in English. Countries can be referred to as "she", but I feel that's slightly old-fashioned now. It's always weird when I see it. In Czech, countries are usually either of "feminine" or "neuter" grammatical gender, so France, Italy, Britain or America for instance are "feminine", whereas Germany, Spain, Sweden, Poland, Russia, etc. are "neuter". Whenever I see Germany being referred to in the feminine gender, it seems funny/weird to me because my brain simply doesn't see the country as "feminine". It's hard to explain to English speakers who almost completely lack the concept of gender-specific nouns.

Eh, enough of this degenerate intellectual talk :rolleyes:

We will see who is the closest...

This is going to be interesting - I never really could reproduce Sichelschnitt in the old HoI2, because of the map layout. Perhaps it's more possible in DH.
Thank you for the English lesson (I was asking for it :) )
Yes, it is possible in DH; the map has been devised for that, be sure of that.

fnq0Nr2.jpg

Last edited:
I still don't see how this could result in a decisive encirclement, but I am sure it'll be a surprise ;)

Historically, the cream of the French army + the BEF was poised to immediately enter Belgium to defend against an expected 'repeat' of the WW1 German strategy. Manstein's plan worked so splendidly because it was a double bluff. First make the Allies think the Germans are really doing just that, another Schlieffen plan. Draw the best of the Allied units in, and then cut them off by the real attack aimed at a very weak sector of the French front.

In this game it seems the AI simply does not understand it should behave like this. It keeps too much of its forces along the Maginot line and too little ready to defend Belgium. Aside from the map, that's why I never could make the Manstein's plan work for me; the AI simply doesn't understand it should be as foolish as the Allies historically were ;)

I see many encircling opportunities in that screenshot, but nothing that would destroy dozens of french.

The historical thing would be enough for that...

Another thing: Still being a DH noob, I don't get what's the purpose of LARM in the early game, as its soft attack is barely above that of INF. Wouldn't it be better to make a breakthrough with massed MOT?

The historical thing would be enough for that...

Another thing: Still being a DH noob, I don't get what's the purpose of LARM in the early game, as its soft attack is barely above that of INF. Wouldn't it be better to make a breakthrough with massed MOT?

The answer is simple :

- Even if their soft attack is not that high, they are taking WAY less STR/ORG damages than MOT (more mecanized units and less vulnerability). So they are the ideal for breaktrought and keep the breach open.
- They will be upgraded into ARM who are the kings of battlefield in openfield (plain of Russia), so it's part of longterm strategy. They will also recieve ART-AM brigade to boost them without loosing speed.

In summary, LARM then ARM are the best compromise between speed, power and resistance (with their drawback - cost, fuel consomption, malus in some lands). MOT are definitly the best to grab lands and overrun ennemies, with a decent power.

So, they are showing a great complementary in a succefull Blitzkrieg campaign

Unfortunaly, combined arms bonus is disabled in DH, so combine ARM and MOT in army corps is now useless : you won't have the great speed advantage of MOT, and the toughness of ARM will be dilute. So it's better to make separate armies of ARM and armies of MOT.

Be also aware that panzer leader bonus only works with LARM or ARM and don't work with MOT. For MOT, 2 talents can be usefull :
- Offensive doctrine (bonus when attacking)
- Logistics Wizards, gives even more speed to MOT.

Obviously, MOT are made for speed, so don't attach any brigade (exept engineer) on them.

Unfortunaly, combined arms bonus is disabled in DH, so combine ARM and MOT in army corps is now useless : you won't have the great speed advantage of MOT, and the toughness of ARM will be dilute. So it's better to make separate armies of ARM and armies of MOT.

Be also aware that panzer leader bonus only works with LARM or ARM and don't work with MOT. For MOT, 2 talents can be usefull :
- Offensive doctrine (bonus when attacking)
- Logistics Wizards, gives even more speed to MOT.

Obviously, MOT are made for speed, so don't attach any brigade (exept engineer) on them.

Somebody said that the Breakthrough combat event depended on the speed of your faster unit participating in the battle, so having some of them mixed helped in some way...but honestly, I dont remember how it went.

[mode mean]
To those who don't see the unfolding trap, I have only one thing to say: The French army is recruiting! :closedeyes:
But hurry up, it won't last. :p
[mode mean/]

I have 4 divisions of them, so it is probable that I will use some of them. Actually, I have a pre-planned operation for 2 of them. For the two others, it will depends of the needs or of the opportunities. I will try to keep them for when I really have an advantage in using them, that is why I didn't capture Brussels with them since I had another choice. But I won't use them to capture an undefended Paris, if the possibility arises.

The "prevailing pessimism" gave me an idea. It is time to show how the German offensive is doomed. :ninja:

B6J1QgA.jpg

Last edited: