• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
At the beginning, i had bad rulers. Look at that Mihail I, from 1472 to 1499 (27 years), with 1/0/0!!!
Have you ever seen worse? There should be an achievement for this!
I tried to kill him in battle, but he was a very good general.
Elizaveta I Rurikovich 1/1/1, was ruling from age 16 till age 69, was not eligible for conversion to general, because of female gender.

Ironman Venice in 1547. My original goal was to form Greece, but I'm not so sure anymore... I simply don't have the required adm points to do it effectively: 400 for capital changes (Venezia -> Athens -> Venezia), -5 stab from culture shift to Greek. Perhaps later...

zg0f.png

how does one culture shift

Change your capital to the province with a desired culture. Total base tax of provinces with that culture have to be bigger than the ones with your current culture. There are some other things, but they mearly cosmetics (like min. +1 stab). After changing a capital there will be a decission when you can see all the requirements.

You have been trying to Moldavia for a long time? Don't worry, we are Moldaving everyday, here, we can give you Moldavious advices, so you can be a good Moldavier in a respectly Moldavy amount of time.

(PS: you accidentally the verb)

Lol! Smart way of putting it. Even though his sentence was kind of correct.. By slang terms.. Kinda :p

I don't really know what I should do next. Half of the world is in coalition against me, now even Russia and Burgundy (Burgundy leads PU with Castilla). Even Japan and Brunei decided to join the party.

2013-11-02_00002.jpg

Here be my current Italian game.

Switzerland is my vassal. Everything around me is warned.

This was tough. I started as Savoy and had to eat my way to Rome and glory. Before i formed Italy, expansion got a point where it was almost impossible due to overlapping alliances and coalitions - attack Modena, you end at war with GB, Spain, Austria, France and Moscovy... Bloody hell. Only in last 20 or 30 years did i manage to do some growing (eating entire Naples and Spanish Sicily/Sardinia).

My Sweden -> Scandinavia game in 1811:

eu4_5.png

In the end wars turned very bloody as almost everytime other great powers joined - both on my side and against me. Just so that two provinces would change hands.

Well here is my current games.... and a fun screenshot of a battle in Meiou :)
0RJ03Vb.png

Formed via Dorimi's mod :) planning on going into India due to a coalition problem in Europe.

And now for this fun battle :)
BsNFw3H.png

My Poland into Space run, 100 years in:
XyB4G1m.jpg

Needless to say things are already boring. I am going to let my Western border sit where they are, while I try to do the Indian achievement in the same run too. Somehow, the idea of Polish hussar charging down from the Himalayas sound incredibly fun...

XyB4G1m.jpg

Needless to say things are already boring. I am going to let my Western border sit where they are, while I try to do the Indian achievement in the same run too. Somehow, the idea of Polish hussar charging down from the Himalayas sound incredibly fun...

PU or direct conquest of Muscovy/Sweden?

XyB4G1m.jpg

Sheesh. PU? If not, that is a helluva busy 100 years.

I don't really know what I should do next. Half of the world is in coalition against me, now even Russia and Burgundy (Burgundy leads PU with Castilla). Even Japan and Brunei decided to join the party.

View attachment 94369

Maybe it's time to unlock a colonist and colonize Majerteen and the Nubian/North-Ethiopian region.
With Majerteen colonized, you will be able to annex Swahili without tariffs but actualy taxes in their conquered territory. Expanding into India would be good for the same reason, if the countries bordering you there are not in the coalition.
Aslo, mind your aggressive expansion: once one country as enough aggressive expansion malus in your relations, it can unleash the coalition war and bring everyone in it, without taking truces into account.

My Hindustan Empire 1820

eu4_map_HIN_1820_01_01_2.png

Hindustan as Land in all contients par South America and Europe,all done via colonisation not conquest,
Others things to note:
Massive Bulgaria
2 Provience Minor Wuttenberg is Emperor even though Austria is 2nd greatest power in the game
The Incas Westernized like myself
Austria and Russia have been in PU since 1610

My Manchu > Qing game

PHbS06V.jpg

Problem, Moscow ?*

I reformed the governement and westernized way too late, but in the end i was not bugged much by the westerners. I did wage a 16 year war to take back some Portuguese trade posts in asia, and got involved in a war between sweden and russia at the very end, but other than that, it was uneventful.

I originally wanted to go as far as Genghis Khan, but time was too short before russians were here. I'm lucky they didn't attack me to extend their frontier.

Also got into a pu with a lucky Ayuttayah who just PU-annexed a big Shan. so in the end i had a huge chunk of asia free of (ADM) charges.
BUT china is a pain to eat up, even with all the claims and the core cost reductions you have with Manchus.
And i wanted to see how big i should be so that Korea accept to be vassal, well they finally accepted in 1812 as i reached my maximal size (after i absorbed ayuttayah). Even if i was thousand times richer and had much much more military power than them i just couldn't do anything but watch the "trust" count slowly ticking up and the difference in base tax one slowly ticking down.

(*poor russians got trolled by everyone. They didn't manage to snatch smolensk from Lithuania, Ryazan went to the Ottoman who was in a PU with Crimea, and i blocked their colonization with my carefully placed colonists. In the end they had no choice left than to prey on timurids and go south towards india.)