• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You do. You can even sell them provinces directly before they are annexed and the province will be cored.

Recently in my byz game I used the show superioty CB to get 30+ provinces from the Mamelukes in one war and diplo-annex it all. I sold them some new provinces directly before.

Yes that's a good use, if you have someone under PU and you time it right, you can give them crapload of provinces in a peace deal just before annexing them - even if it gives them ton of overextension, they usually don't object. They realize that after and start selling those provinces (quite often to the person that you got them from), but as they are limited in diplomats they can do it only one by one. But before that happens, diploannex and there you have your cored provinces for free (no diplo or admin points, no aggresion penalty)

Did propably not play enough yet to know:
Why don't you get overextension from these French provinces you conquered?

"I'm overflowing with ADM points, I can afford to just take loads of these French provinces and core them myself"

Then suddenly "coring will take >100 months"

Yep, it seems that every province you have increases coring time by 5%. It seems I won't be coring anything else on my own from now on.

Let's get Scotland to help us out then!

o9sNiBXh.jpg

EDIT: What a relief. It seems that Land Tech 12 is the magic tipping point. Anything 11 or lower I can roll over

yURvlxih.jpg

Last edited:
4xVhpQTh.jpg

Go away Austria. Go away.

I have completed the defensive tech tree, so they can enjoy chewing on that tiny amount of attrition.

My current wars are one to annex Auvergne, in which Austria joined in and is War Leader, a war with Scotland and a war to annex Champaigne. I could end the war with Austria but I need to keep him at war with me so that I can attack Scotland a second time (breaking truce because stability is only a number) to vassalise him without Austria coming back for round 2. Until I have a border which I can safely defend, I do not want to fight much with him.

Once Champagne and Auvergne are annexed and Scotland vassalised, I can turtle down in Europe for a while. I plan to take any opportunity to finish France off for good and will keep a close eye on England. I can also take this time to integrate the Bretons and expand my influence in India where nobody has joined the coalition against me.​

Last edited:
Last edited:
Well, I was almost certain I had subscribed to this and was wondering why there was such a lack of updates, and just today I decide to check and it's already page 10! Well, time to catch up I guess! As a small comment, from playing the demo I was really skeptical as to whether a WC is even possible with anything short of a tier 2 country(Overextension, coalitions, smarter AI and shorter timeline...), and here I have this. Well, if anyone can do this in eu4, it's certainly the guy who did it in eu3. Good luck!

Austria continue to troll you mercilessly! Drown them in a wave of mercenary blood!

I'm amazed you can conquer so fast and experience all those rebellions without collapsing. I'd go insane trying to pull that off. At least with you doing it I can see Ryukyu stretch across the world without the headache I'd get trying to do it myself. :p

DDRJake, how managebable is it to stay at -2 stab the whole time? I am thinking of always braking truces and only go from -3 to -2 stab

Eventually he will lose to rebels at some point... because the rebels in Eu4 are damn stronk!

One revolution to end it all...

Rebels are a bunch of babies, they can't hope to stand up to endless mercs. The only scary thing left for him are european guns, and once he cuts up the germans/scandis he can just drown them in numbers.