• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2 to 1 odds isn't that bad honestly given how unwise the AI is about moving soldiers and the like around.

Oh man!

At least you get to see the white camels of paradise. I think that Russians have to be really surprised when they see them for the first time.

2 to 1 odds isn't that bad honestly given how unwise the AI is about moving soldiers and the like around.

It's actually not quite even that bad. It seems I have a retinue and money for mercenaries, but the Fylkir doesn't.

Oh man!

At least you get to see the white camels of paradise. I think that Russians have to be really surprised when they see them for the first time.

It's very strange to see some of the rulers around me, like the Duke of Perm, on a desert background.

Chapter 15

murom183.jpg

The war begins with the battle of Ostrov, in Pskov, where the Mordvins win and the Emperor gets 400 piety.

murom184.jpg

Things keep getting better for the Muslims.

The caliph lost his civil war not longer after the crusade was called and the war ended inconclusively.

murom185.jpg

The Fylkir's 100,000 men never showed up, and after beating off an incursion in the Ukraine from Swedish Poland they offer surrender.

murom186.jpg

A second invasion is launched against the Emperor and his nine decadent sons.

murom187.jpg

This leader is resisting the plot, as none of his courtiers want to see him dead. Looks like I'll have to kill him on the battlefield.

murom188.jpg

This isn't a good start. The lovely Cuman Band and their horse archers got beaten.

murom189.jpg

Using some of my titanic fortune to assassinate the leader of the revolt does no good.

murom190.jpg

The Imperial forces win a small battle.

murom191.jpg

Then all the forces regroup for a huge battle to decide the war, and the Emperor wins.

murom192.jpg

My soldiers give chase and the revolters have nowhere to go. After some ping-ponging they are all dead, and the leader is imprisoned and banished so I can have his 2,000 gold. These invasions pay for themselves.

murom193.jpg

Muhammad I dies and the empire passes to his seventh son, Pakstyan.

*2,000th post*

Well done winning your wars!

Well done winning your wars!

Thanks.

Chapter 16

murom194.jpg

The new Emperor. He's childless and looks rather like his father.

murom195.jpg

Decadence was 100% by virtue of Muhammad I and Pakstyan hasn't had time for it to fall, and so a third invasion is launched.

murom196.jpg

It seems some want to install my brother, Nuyanza.

murom197.jpg

Problem solved.

murom198.jpg

A bit of plotting never hurt anyone… unfortunately, plotkilling these rebels won't make the war end.

murom199.jpg

So it must be on the battlefield, again. The imperial forces are again victorious, but I won't be able to withstand that many more decadence invasions if they keep going like this.

murom200.jpg

murom201.jpg

After peace with the invading forces, the warmongering Pakstyan wants an outpost on the Black Sea.

murom202.jpg

It's a simple matter of sitting on the counties and requires no tactical effort. But this isn't enough for Pakstyan…

murom203.jpg

murom204.jpg

murom205.jpg

He has a claim on the Seljuk Turks through his mother, so he declares war, capturing the king and enforcing demands, all while his wife has a son, possibly the future Pakstyan II.

All this deserves a reward:

murom206.jpg

Later on:

murom207.jpg

The pope calls a doomed crusade on the Umayyad blob, and

murom208.jpg

Pakstyan I dies unexpectedly at 60. Not bad compared to the pagan rulers!