• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You really should have figured out a way to add an E word into the thread title. DANTE sounds so much better and more prestigious than DANT.

What about Darkgamma's Acronym and Neologism Glossary?

Dang.

Also, put up a definition for Spam. To use the same skill or strategy in bulk. Or, alternatively, to post so many messages on a messageboard or a chat log that it annoys the heck out of the other users.

Dargamma's Acronym and Neologism Thread Extraordinary (also considered Etc. and Emeritus)

Vanilla and F&F added.

"Emu'd" is not obligatorily the same as "Ninja'd" as it involves posting between the response to AAR feedback and the next chapter. The next chapter might not have been even started yet, thus denying a "ninja'd"

Emu'd doesn't solely to do with AAR's. It comes from the poster Blue Emu, who in the Hoi forums was often the quickest one to answer any question that was asked.

Another important one is:

Veld = short for Veldmaarschalk, a somewhat obscure moderator on the Paradox Interactive forums :)

Emu'd doesn't solely to do with AAR's. It comes from the poster Blue Emu, who in the Hoi forums was often the quickest one to answer any question that was asked.

Another important one is:

Veld = short for Veldmaarschalk, a somewhat obscure moderator on the Paradox Interactive forums :)

Then what should I write for "Emu'd" :eek:
"Veld" added ;)

Not as popular here as in EU3 forums, but still appropriate:
TO -Teutonic Order

EDIT: No, encyclopedia won't do. It's a thread, after all.

@You_, I haven't seen it used anywhere :|

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone uses it but me, but CSC = Context Switching Condition, it's what conditions like 'liege =' were called in CK1.
'micromod': a mod even smaller than a minimod such as a single changed event trigger

Some generic terms with specific meanings:
'merge': combining two or more mods by 'diff'ing out their changes
'diff': check the difference between two versions of a file, often done by a program like WinDiff

Added. Those are useful as they're rather obscure outside the modding community but tend to come up from time to time.

@ZechsMerquise73, I've never seen it used like that :eek:
This is usually aimed at the developers. Maybe my understanding, though, is from the context of what the term meant two, three, four years ago.

Tbh Byzantine Empire is my default choice if Im going for a World Conquest game. The reasoning is that if Im going to do some crazy unfeasible gamey blobbing, I might as well have an amusing tag to go with it (plus it has Empire in the name, which just looks so much better). No political reason or anything, if Paradox always included the Empire Of Silly Hats in their games I could take that just as well.

Regardless, its a quircky, tougue in cheek thingy so I'm the one who'll never understand the flak. When you work a high responsability job, with tight deadlines and surrounded by people who have a stick up their butts, having your byzantine tanks stroll through St Petersburg (3rd Rome you say? I think we're back at nr 2 sir :p) is just one of many things that can cheer you day.
Note that 'gamey' here refers to blobing and is called 'crazy unfeasible'. Since the AI can also blob, and blobbing is not in itself an abusable tactic, the reference here is to an action which would be impossible outside of a game environment.

"OTL" is a term from alternate history meaning "Original timeline", that is, in this timeline; so yes, it has something to do with "IRL". Should I add? It's not really common.

Last year, I wrote a Firefox / Chrome extension to tackle this very problem (although the problem is much larger than just CK2 abbreviations, it's an Internet-wide problem). It is called ABBREX and the way it works is very simple: you just install the extension and surf the web as usual. Whenever you hover over an abbreviation on a web page, it looks up the definition(s) and shows it to you in a tooltip. You don't have to ask anyone or search for abbreviation glossary on any subject. It is also domain based, meaning if you are surfing the Paradox forums it will give preference to abbreviations associated with Paradox forums (such as EU3 abbreviations) when showing you the meanings. The abbreviation database it uses is completely community-based so if you know the meaning of an abbreviation you can quicky add the meaning (very quickly right on the web page you are visiting) so other people can benefit from your knowledge. It is like a Wikipedia of abbreviations of sorts so the more people use it the more useful it becomes.

You can find the information about the extension in my signature. Feel free to use it, pass the word, and let me know if you have any questions / comments.