• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also, PoD means Point of Divergence, the moment where alternate history takes off from reality.
True, but should I include them? It's not really relevant to PI or CK2, but isn't a generic acronym either.

I think OTL means Our Timeline.
Well, I heard the other one on the Alternate History forums.

Excellent, just read your edited first post. Man that should be stickied.
Especially for people who don't hang out the internet all time or are oldies compared to the young guns out there. ;)

PS: The mods i only mentioned as i read of them but couldnt figure what some of them are, especially VIET as it is not listed in the Master Mod List with its acronym.

Thanks

Curbstomp is such an ugly term, it should be removed from this list. I don't see it really used that regularly around here, the community here is a bit more mature than that. There are many ugly terms in "gamer" speak that should just not be encouraged. I would hope you wouldn't consider it appropriate to add "(to) Rape" to that list, even though it's used by gamers with pretty much the exact same definition.

Roflstomp is fine though, but its definition should be changed.

I've been online since 1998 and have never seen your second usage of 'FTW' :/

Is that a joke?

Curbstomp is such an ugly term, it should be removed from this list. I don't see it really used that regularly around here, the community here is a bit more mature than that. There are many ugly terms in "gamer" speak that should just not be encouraged. I would hope you wouldn't consider it appropriate to add "(to) Rape" to that list, even though it's used by gamers with pretty much the exact same definition.

I agree. Might as well add racial slurs, as the 'term' originates from an act of racial violence.

Last edited:

You're arguing based on historical semantics.
"Curbstomp" might have had an... interesting origin, but it doesn't have such a meaning now. I am not encouraging anything, simply cataloguing it. "(to) Rape", in the CK2 community, doesn't have a distinct meaning, so, no, I wouldn't put it on.
By your logic, the words in the vein of "guy" and "pilgrim" shouldn't be used, either.

I've been online since 1998 and have never seen your second usage of 'FTW' :/
Is that a joke?
<Quote Snip>
I agree. Might as well add racial slurs, as the 'term' originates from an act of racial violence.
1) Not a joke, an actual acronym. Not as popular now as once, but still there.
2) See below.

"Curbstomp" might have had an... interesting origin, but it doesn't have such a meaning now. I am not encouraging anything, simply cataloguing it. "(to) Rape", in the CK2 community, doesn't have a distinct meaning, so, no, I wouldn't put it on.
By your logic, the words in the vein of "guy", "average", "bad" and "pilgrim" shouldn't be used, either, as they had a negative and rather insulting meaning once upon a time.

By your logic, the words in the vein of "guy" and "pilgrim" shouldn't be used, either.
Rape and Curbstomp have virtually the same meaning in internet vernacular. What does either one mean in the context of gaming besides 'to destroy', 'to dominate'?

Thanks a lot, maybe Darkgamma can edit the OP if somebody gives a decent and short explanation!

I really think this thread should be stickied. If the only reason for not doing it is that it's not started by Paradox staff member, it sucks.

Thanks a lot, maybe Darkgamma can edit the OP if somebody gives a decent and short explanation!
Perhaps:

ASB - Alien Space Bats - used to describe an event or situation in a game which would be extremely implausible in real life. Can be used as an adjective ("A Muslim sheikh from Yemen becoming Holy Roman Emperor is ASB") or a proper noun, ("The only way a Muslim sheikh from Yemen could become Holy Roman Emperor is if the ASBs came down and helped him".)

Perhaps:

ASB - Alien Space Bats - used to describe an event or situation in a game which would be extremely implausible in real life. Can be used as an adjective ("A Muslim sheikh from Yemen becoming Holy Roman Emperor is ASB") or a proper noun, ("The only way a Muslim sheikh from Yemen could become Holy Roman Emperor is if the ASBs came down and helped him".)

Yes!

This thread should be stickied. Or better yet, Darkgamma, can I take the CK2-related section and put them up on the CKII Wiki?
Of course!

MSR = Most Serene Republic (the kingdom-level republic)

Ok.

(o/t: sorry I haven't been paying attention guys, had exams to take care of)
Edit: I'll ask for a sticky, since I believe this thread is rather useful, and many people have requested it.