• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2A2495DCDF59EE13BFA8CE183FA6F15C900A37F4

Umm his over 40 and in my dungeon, so obviously not a child and why am I letting him go hunting?

Silence! Don't ever question the PLAN!!!!

Eastern Roman Empire? More like Ecumenical Roman Empire.
aJjk0.png

(His only demesne is the Hagia Sophia, in the middle of revolting Thrace)

WHY THIS NEVER HAPPEN TO Me!

Wow, that's pretty... interesting. It's like your average bickering couple.

Except in this case they bicker with armies and killing people.

4X64d.jpg

I find the name of the war amusing. Mali-Mali conquest. Also, the world is quite derailed. I should have taken a better screenshot of the europe with a humongous HRE surrounded by Muslims.

I was playing as an RD count of Gevaudan three years into the game, when I noticed the curiously intact England ruled by the son of Harold of Godwin. So I decided to take a look at what happened.

Imagine my surprise when I saw this.
DeadHarald.jpgDeadHarold.jpgDeadWill.jpg
First Harald of Norway died against Harold of England (presumably at Stamford Bridge), who then gets himself offed by William the Bastard not two weeks later (also presumably at Hastings). At this point, it seemed like the AI's hell-bent on recreating history, if only being somewhat confused with the timing.

Then William, seemingly unopposed, suddenly went off to join his pals when Godwin of England gave the guy a shank for papa Harold exactly twenty-two months later.

And it's not just the English monarch choosing Navarra as his primary title? Damn.

"Well, seems France is going to take care of the rest of this whole reconquista thing... Anyone up for taking Britain?"

Well:

1: The Navarran branch often loses its culture in my games so I would not be so sure.
2: The English king could have pushed a claim on the kingdom or inherited it.

The King of Navarra was originally the King of Navarra and of Basque culture... however, he was also a member of House de Normandie, who were nearly wiped out following a failed invasion by William. William was very briefly King of England before Harald tossed him out, who in turn lost it back to the Godwins. In the late 1200s, de Normandie finally reclaimed England. Since then, though, there House has spread out elsewhere, including the Basque branch that become Kings of Navarra (and Aragon). Awesomely, he just inherited England when the last of the line up there died out.

Still, I was impressed to see it. The English Isles have been insane this game. Scotland is ruled by the Saxon Dunbars and have become Kings of Norway and Finland through inheritance and crusades respectively, and now England (and before it, Brittany) are under the control of Navarra, who has managed to survive.

France is being its usual obnoxious self. I plan to convert this one to EUIII (IV? hehe) eventually, so I have some serious editing to do in order to stop the French from being the BBB right at the start.

Also of note: Portugal was formed by a side branch of House Ylving.