• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is an excellent mod; playing as Gotland i am enjoying an very intereisting campaign (trouble with strong pagans, collapsing kingdom of sweden, etc...), i really like the way what you have done to the pagans (slower assimilation etc).

Just one question, what is meant by this:

Reduced ratio needed to overrun armies to 15 (from 25)

Keep up the good work

Just one question, what is meant by this:

Reduced ratio needed to overrun armies to 15 (from 25)
In vanilla, the enemy army will rout essentially immediately if your army is at least 25 times as large (E.G., 100 enemies vs. 2500 friendlies). I reduced the number needed to 15.
This is primarily something that's just stuck around since 1.03 when I first started this mod for personal use, as it would help prevent kings and such dying to tiny armies.

1.0.5 released!
Should be save-game compatible. Certain changes will only affect new campaigns.

Various Changes:
  • Made the Ambitious childhood personality event twice as common if the child's father or mother is vassal to an emperor
  • Made the Content childhood personality event half as common if the child's father or mother is vassal to an emperor
  • Made the guardian twice as likely to encourage the Ambitious trait if the child's parents are vassal to an emperor
  • Made the guardian half as likely to encourage the Content trait if the child's parents are vassal to an emperor
  • Reduced the opinion bonus from defending against infidels to 15
  • Increased max duchies held to 3
  • White peace in independence wars will make the revolter independent if he's revolting from an empire. No prestige will be awarded, and crown authority will be unaffected. His former liege will have claims upon his land
Seljuk/Byzantine changes:
  • Gave the Seljuks another castle in Qazwin
  • Gave the Seljuks another castle in Rayy
  • Gave the Seljuks another castle in Mazandaran
  • Gave the Seljuks another castle in Tabaristan
  • Gave the Seljuks level 1 barracks in all cities and temples
  • Gave the Byzantine Emperor the Slothful trait
  • Gave the Byzantine Emperor the Content trait to prevent positive traits being generated
  • Increased the Seljuk Sultan's Diplomacy by 4
  • Azerbaijan is now a vassal of the Seljuks

1.0.5 released!

Various Changes:
  • Made the Ambitious childhood personality event twice as common if the child's father or mother is vassal to an emperor
  • Made the Content childhood personality event half as common if the child's father or mother is vassal to an emperor
  • Made the guardian twice as likely to encourage the Ambitious trait if the child's parents are vassal to an emperor
  • Made the guardian half as likely to encourage the Content trait if the child's parents are vassal to an emperor
  • Reduced the opinion bonus from defending against infidels to 15
  • Increased max duchies held to 3
  • White peace in independence wars will make the revolter independent if he's revolting from an empire. No prestige will be awarded, and crown authority will be unaffected. His former liege will have claims upon his land
Seljuk/Byzantine changes:
  • Gave the Seljuks another castle in Qazwin
  • Gave the Seljuks another castle in Rayy
  • Gave the Seljuks another castle in Mazandaran
  • Gave the Seljuks another castle in Tabaristan
  • Gave the Seljuks level 1 barracks in all cities and temples
  • Gave the Byzantine Emperor the Slothful trait
  • Gave the Byzantine Emperor the Content trait to prevent positive traits being generated
  • Increased the Seljuk Sultan's Diplomacy by 4
  • Azerbaijan is now a vassal of the Seljuks

I tested it today and its a very balanced mod Meneth...good work congrats...

Why did you increase the max duchies to 3? No critisim, i just want to know your motivation for that.;)

Otherwise everything seems really balanced; going to test it now.
I wanted to have it increase at high and absolute (and possibly medium) crown authority to represent centralization, but this is currently not possible.
As there is no way to increase it via technology or crown authority, the most reasonable substitute was increasing the fixed value a little.

Why did you give more land to de-jure Germany? If anything it needs to be smaller.
From what I found Pommern was held by the HRE for longer than by Denmark or Poland, so it being de jure Germany makes most sense.
In addition it makes the border look nicer, and it is merely a single tiny duchy.
Perhaps adding Lotharinga would be a good idea?

From what I found Pommern was held by the HRE for longer than by Denmark or Poland, so it being de jure Germany makes most sense.
In addition it makes the border look nicer, and it is merely a single tiny duchy.
Perhaps adding Lotharinga would be a good idea?
I believe Lotharingia will be an interesting addition Meneth...but its your call...

Didn't see this until I was in-game. Awesome change, good call. It's what Paradox should've done from the get-go. A "hey, we're at an impasse" agreement doesn't automatically make me want to follow you as my liege. You come kick my ass or you take a hike.

And, not sure if anything was changed, but I've been getting plot invitations like crazy with this update. Not bad, but, just something I noticed. Might be a fluke.

Last edited:
And, not sure if anything was changed, but I've been getting plot invitations like crazy with this update. Not bad, but, just something I noticed. Might be a fluke.
Not something I've done anything about, so probably a fluke, yeah.

I think it's an error.
Code:
centralization_3 = {
		show_as_title = yes
		group = centralization

feudal_opinion = -20

potential = {
			NOT = { has_law = centralization_3 }
		}
		allow = {
			OR = {
				AND = {
					has_law = [B]centralization_3[/B]

I think it's an error.
Code:
centralization_3 = {
        show_as_title = yes
        group = centralization

feudal_opinion = -20

potential = {
            NOT = { has_law = centralization_3 }
        }
        allow = {
            OR = {
                AND = {
                    has_law = [B]centralization_3[/B]
Yup. I've fixed it already, and it'll be included in the next patch.
Regardless, thank you for reporting it.

1.0.6 released!
  • Made the Polish king's mother of the Piast dynasty so that Poland won't go crazy in Russia any more
  • Sweden is Elective once more for historical reasons
  • Crown Authority cannot be increased if the ruler is Content or Slothful (unless they're also Ambitious or Diligent)
  • Crown Authority cannot be increased to Absolute unless the ruler is Ambitious or Diligent (and is neither Content or Slothful)
  • Crown Authority cannot be increased to High in empires unless the ruler is Ambitious or Diligent (and is neither Content or Slothful)
  • Taxes cannot be increased beyond the second level if the ruler is Charitable
  • Fixed High Crown Authority being impossible to attain
  • Made the Pecheneg Company a Tengri religious order, and increased its size to 4550 men
  • Made one religious order for each of the pagan religions. 4200 men each

In my current hands-off game I'm having fun seeing Poland get devastated after they tried to take Pomeralia. Four Romuva factions ganged up on him, and destroyed his attack.

Last edited: