Download in the HIP thread
Want to try the version in development? Download the beta. It updates far more often than the release version
The goal of Project Balance is to improve the play experience not by adding a large amount of new features, but by making small changes to make the game more interesting and historically plausible.
With Project Balance installed you'll have things that could not have possibly happened historically happen much less often, but it will still feel much like the same game.
- New faction system makes managing a large realm more realistic
- Tech spread has been overhauled so that technology spreads in a more realistic fashion
- Most realms that survived historically will be considerably more likely to do so. Examples include the Ethiopians and the Pagans
- The big land grabbers in vanilla now act more historically
- Major conflicts, like Iberia or Byzantium, are no longer resolved in decades
- Improved cultural and religious spread
- Improved cultural buildings
- Reworked de jure kingdoms
- Reworked crown and demesne law. Dejure law is more difficult to increase, but you can specialise it more
- Wars are more expensive to start and wage
- More republics
- Republics are less overpowered
- SWMH compatibility
- PB Map Modes
- Vanilla Map Modes (for comparison)
- Technology spread
- Centers of trade
- Imperial Reconquest tiers
Do not include any part of Project Balance in your mod unless you've received express permission from me.
If you want to include any part of Project Balance in a mod of your own please send me a PM where you delineate what aspects you want to use, and for what mod.