Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do you want a character? Or did you want our Fighters to be called "Avengers"? They will likely break down a lot...

both? Avengers is a cool enough name for ships (warplanes in ww2) if others agree. But I'd like to be singled out as well (can be saavenger if you can't put _ in) so I'd know what horrible fate awaits the character :D (if that's not asking too much ofc, you can still rename ships later on if someone needs I suppose? still reading on :) )
Thank you governor

(edit:fearing a bit that everyone will complain about me if those fighters really suck :D )

edit2: reading on as I'm editing this , congratulations in order to Billy Bob (and love the fact you can award knighthood lol ) great aar so far

Last edited:
Yes. I might add a few code-letters to identify its type and/or function (just as I add ESNA to Freighters and Colony Transports).

After careful consideration I decided on 'Vauban', after the famous French military engineer. It seems a rather good name for defensive space base. Not very original but definitely appropriate.

Turns out that I cannot change the name of the design now that they are in production (or to be more exact, I can "change the name", but it doesn't actually change the names). We'll call our improved Fighter version an Avenger, after we tech up a bit and design a new one.

Lieutenant Commander SA Avenger is now a Fighter Pilot, commanding Fighter #4 in Squadron #1 (Wildcards) under CO Felix Silvestris. You have Fleet Initiative 171 and are tolerant.

@Qorten: You now command Vauban RADAR.

Thank you, I'm ready for duty governor. And glad to meet my CO *salutes*.
edit: great for both you rock :D

If you want a gun, you'll either have to fly a Space-Fighter, or wait two years for a warship. Boy... when those puppies finally slide down off the ways, there will be a huge crowd of Paradoxians pushing and shoving to get their hands on one...

Those of us who serve gallantly in the exploration of the ruins on Procyon should obviously be first in line. :D

of course the Avernum finds a jumppoint when I'm not commanding anymore... :p

Hey, you might be the brains but I sure am the... errr... talent? :p
Hanyways! Huzzah! Glory to the Federation!

To: Command
Request to search System designated AD Leonis for possible jump-points after finishing with scanning Procyon or returning the scientists (or their carcasses) to Earth.

Also: We should begin thinking about Ground Troop Unit names. I'm thinking Roughnecks. :D

I'll be a fighter pilot Emu.

You are flying Fighter #4 in Squadron #2 (Cossacks) under CO Konstantin Mikhailovsky. You have Crew Training 50, Fleet Initiative 141, and are History Buff, Ignorant, Subjective and Weak.

... I don't generate these personality traits, I just copy them down.

You are flying Fighter #4 in Squadron #2 (Cossacks) under CO Konstantin Mikhailovsky. You have Crew Training 50, Fleet Initiative 141, and are History Buff, Ignorant, Subjective and Weak.

I almost don't dare asking, but can I see Hellvink's traits aswell? :p

I know. What will Fleet Initiative do for my skills?

Request to search System designated AD Leonis for possible jump-points after finishing with scanning Procyon or returning the scientists (or their carcasses) to Earth.

Sounds good, unless your further investigations of Procyon discover some more vital system to search instead of AD Leonis.

Also: We should begin thinking about Ground Troop Unit names. I'm thinking Roughnecks. :D

Ground troops come in various types. We start the game with an assortment of Garrison Battalions, Replacement Battalions, Engineer Battalions, Mobile Infantry Battalions, Assault Infantry Battalions, Heavy Assault Battalions, and Brigade HQ units.

I haven't even bothered allocating the Ground Officers to them. I may end up doing that in a hurry, if something odd shows up in our skies.

Sounds good, unless your further investigations of Procyon discover some more vital system to search instead of AD Leonis.

Ground troops come in various types. We start the game with an assortment of Garrison Battalions, Replacement Battalions, Engineer Battalions, Mobile Infantry Battalions, Assault Infantry Battalions, Heavy Assault Battalions, and Brigade HQ units.

I haven't even bothered allocating the Ground Officers to them. I may end up doing that in a hurry, if something odd shows up in our skies.

Panzers? :mad:

I know. What will Fleet Initiative do for my skills?

The guy with the lower initiative must move first. Then the guy with the higher initiative can react to his move, before fire is exchanged in that round.

... so if you are facing a low-initiative opponent, you get to see his move before you need to make your own. In-game, this is all handled by the computer, not by you... but it will play fairly sensibly. A long-ranged unit which wins initiative tends to wait for the opponent to commit himself, then fall back just before exchanging fire, hoping to neatly step out of the opponent's range just before the two sides exchange shots. Contra-wise, a short-ranged unit which wins initiative will tend to close in just before shooting, to make sure that the opponent didn't withdraw out of range on his own initiative turn.

A ship called The Lone Gunman would be great by the way. :D

Any way this Paradoxian can get added as part of the Fleet Staff??

Every position is available except Intel (Verenti) and Survey (Lord Martin). That leaves you the choice of Operations, Communications, Fighter Ops, Logistics and Public Affairs.

I'm just wondering, have I recieved a character yet? And if I've recieved one, what's the stats and my suggestion for squadron or ship class, the platyplus class/squadron