• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be a completely new game. Not any expansion. Not any sequel.(unlikly to be set in the EU3,Vicky 2 ,CK2,HOI3 timeframe)

No idea what so ever, heres my thoughts on the hints.

There will be swords.( again would hint at a medieval, but it could mean anytime as swords were still used in combat until ww1 and are still use cerimonialy also the new robots are called swords)

There will be no Sweden in this game.(puts it at pre 1210)

The sun will shine.(your guess is as good as mine, could be a hint at it not being in the dark ages)

Conquering the world is the goal.( whole world map)

There will be black uniforms. (nazis?,US navy. So past about 1200 because aside from the romans/byzantiums their was no uniforms)

It will be an historical grandstrategygame on the Clausewitz engine.(pre today, using the eu3/vicky2/hoi3 engine)

Hi! That was an unambigious hint ;) How can we argue randomly with eachother if your hints are concrete things like that?

This is Paradox, we'll dispute anything, and if we can't directly, we'll go off into tangential arguments!

Like I'm doing now!

Why Japan? I don't get it. If it's historical game and Sweden isn't there than it's obvious that the game will be set somewhere in the dark ages or way back. When was Japan even capable of conquering the world? Not before Meji restoration at least. Same goes for China, they never were a major player in history, they had their own problems with dynasties and mongols.

I sincerely hope for Persian Empire or Macedonia. Now those were glorious!
When was anybody even capable of conquering the world? Johan obviously meant that the goal is to conquer the whole map, as it has already been said plenty of times and Johan kind-of confirmed it (by saying that it was also the goal in EU:Rome).

In fact, I'd say China was quite a bit more powerful and advanced than the persians ever were, and might be more than a match for the Macedonians at their best. Definitely more than anything from the European dark ages, where Europe was little more than a backwater. Just ask the Mongol Hordes which part of the world would they rather conquer :D Plenty of glory in Asia, too: being a major player in history doesn't necessarily equal being a major player in Europe. You seem to have a very euro-centric view of history, and if you just focus in Europe you are missing out on plenty of history as rich and fascinating as anything from the old continent :)

I hope that this will be about ancient greece, but I'd wonder about which period. It would seem wrong to do Alexander's part in the same game and with the same game mechanisms as all the previous greek history.
And if it's just about Alexander, well ... a rather short period with too few participants for a typical (good) Paradox game.

Really? There was? That'd be awesome, seeing as Hegemony was an extremely interesting and innovative game.

It was interesting and innovative. With the released Gold edition lately, it became extremely boring and dull.

I haven't played the Gold edition, but why would it become boring and dull?

Because the game lost all its vibe. You have diplomacy, so you pay some tributes and create safe borders whereever you currently don't want to see action.

So you concentrate on 1-2 targets. Those targets can barely oppose you anymore, since they changed how troops replenish. So you must kill just 1 wave and you have won the next city. Move on, kill 1 wave, conquer, repeat. There is nothing more left in this game.

When was anybody even capable of conquering the world? Johan obviously meant that the goal is to conquer the whole map, as it has already been said plenty of times and Johan kind-of confirmed it (by saying that it was also the goal in EU:Rome).

In fact, I'd say China was quite a bit more powerful and advanced than the persians ever were, and might be more than a match for the Macedonians at their best. Definitely more than anything from the European dark ages, where Europe was little more than a backwater. Just ask the Mongol Hordes which part of the world would they rather conquer :D Plenty of glory in Asia, too: being a major player in history doesn't necessarily equal being a major player in Europe. You seem to have a very euro-centric view of history, and if you just focus in Europe you are missing out on plenty of history as rich and fascinating as anything from the old continent :)

China at the time of the Macedonians was a collection of tribal kingdoms. While those kingdoms would have fought together to defend against an outside kingdom they weren't united under one banner plus they didn't have the outrageous population at the time. Macedonia was also more advanced, MUCH more advanced. The Macedonians most likely would have taken them.

At the beginning of the dark ages it was a different story China was the more advanced and had the larger population. By the end of the dark ages though if Europe where united in a crusade against China...Well that's a different story. It probably would have seen the success it did in the actual crusades. Minor victories that didn't have any long lasting effect.

Today though, China is one of the super powers.

Well let's not go that far. Don't forget he died shortly after that. With the population of china ALSO under the belt of a broken state there would have been even more anarchy. Now if he conquered it and managed to live another 20 years the world would be a LOT different...course if he would have stopped where he was and lived another 20 years the world would have been a lot different.

Can't wait till 17:00

China at the time of the Macedonians was a collection of tribal kingdoms. While those kingdoms would have fought together to defend against an outside kingdom they weren't united under one banner plus they didn't have the outrageous population at the time. Macedonia was also more advanced, MUCH more advanced. The Macedonians most likely would have taken them.
There're two things need to be corrected
1. In 300 BC China was indeed a collection of Kingdoms, but no longer tribal, famous philosophes like Confucianism and Taoism were already developed and that's far from tribal
2. They wouldn't unite against a threat anymore, they even invite barbarians to sack their enemies

Though it's a great challenge to get into China, Taklamakan Desert or Himalaya and Tibet Plateau?:D

China in 279BC, according to EU:R's Magna Terra mod
54954197349434841840.png

Last edited:
I could scarcely imagine Johan doing something non-historical, but you never know what people get up to, once they start pushing middle age! :D

36 is pushing middle age...?

Status
Not open for further replies.