• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
-It will be an historical grandstrategygame on the Clausewitz engine.
Historical

-There will be black uniforms.
Black Baron with his elite units!

-Conquering the world is the goal.
Russia is a world in itself!

-The sun will shine.
Maybe referring to the october revolution? where the oppressed people rose against the Czar to see the sun shine again for them?

-There will be no Sweden in this game.
Because it might be centered in Russia!

-There will be swords.

Swords were used in the Russian civil war. I think.

-It will be a completely new game. Not any expansion. Not any sequel.

No Paradox game covered the Russian Civil war in a historical way!

Russian Civil war anyone?

That's actually a possibility...play through from the end of the first World War to the start of the next: Russian revolution, 'immortal mad monk' events, exiled revolutionaries vying for power with power hungry types, option to restore the monarchy or kill them all..

I don't think it's Japan game. Sun isn't important only for the Japanese you know, and none of the other hints are that much closer either.

No, more then Japan had the Sun as Symbol. Dont forget Macedonia -> Alexander the Great.

His Symbol:

sun1.jpg

Link

So it could be based around Ancient Greece.

105_greek_phalanx.jpg

5090182798_b7a17b8851.jpg

here you have swords and black "uniforms" also.

On the other side, uniform isnt exactly what they would call ancient Armor.

Uniforms and swords.....and....oh yes Glory....could be also around that time:

glory-7.jpg

I even see a sun shining in the background. ;)

Another American Civil War game? There are already three very good ones out there, one of them published by "Paradox-France", or whatever they're calling it now.
I'm skeptical.

Another American Civil War game? There are already three very good ones out there, one of them published by "Paradox-France", or whatever they're calling it now.
I'm skeptical.

I am also sceptical. And i wouldnt like it. I still vote for a "EU: Civilization" :D

An American civil war game? Oh please, there are so many games centered around the USA in the world, why not make one with the Russian civil war?

Also, the Union's uniforms were blue and the confederates' were grey, right?

An American civil war game? Oh please, there are so many games centered around the USA in the world, why not make one with the Russian civil war?

Also, the Union's uniforms were blue and the confederates' were grey, right?

Check out Revolution Under Siege from AGEOD/Paradox France.

i must say i have no idea what this game is about... but a few thoughts on hints:

There will be no Sweden in this game.
Conquering the world is the goal.
i give 90% guess that the map will be only part of world. because i cant see a time where sweden didnt exist and there there uniforms used.

There will be swords.
There will be black uniforms.
swords and uniforms? not swords and armor? so timeframe before swords were useless, and after start of wide use of guns in wars, i guess...

so any idea what these black uniforms can be?

The sun will shine.
NO IDEA...

oh well, we will see...

As others, I cross my fingers for a Civ-competitor, but à la EU. Problem is, I would probably faint reading the news. God, those video-games-haters are actually right : video games are more and more dangerous these days...

Probably stretching it a bit,but couldn't black 'uniforms' be a reference to an ahistorical version of the Persian Immortals?

Yes, it was ble versus grey in the ACW.

I'm still trying to find where there could be black uniform and I only come to :
Ninja -> Japan
Immortal (as seen in 300, but not historicaly correct) -> greece
Black corps (Prussia, around 1800) -> Napoleonic war or maybe before ? (no clue about before Napoleon)
Dark Vador and Tie-Fighter pilot -> starwars

And about Black corps, I found this on french website :
http://estafette.forums-actifs.net/t22-prussia-glory-et-l-ordre-oblique

It's an other game with the name "Prussia's Glory"
Hum let's see... Glory ? Hum ring a bell !
But there would be sweden I guess...

It can't be Napoleonic game since there's no Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.