• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok, I've finally had a chance to look at the diploannex issue. For some reason, I can't reproduce it outside of Epigoni, but I've made some changes to the file that are better anyway.

Let me know if this helps.

Edit: in my last Rome game (before a really annoying crash I couldn't get around), I kept getting those Macedonian titles as well. No idea how.

Attachments

• tcm_diploannex.txt
    686 bytes · Views: 39
Hi AlCord,

Interesting, those titles are restricted as follows:

- Hypaspist Basilikoi - country culture = macedonian, government = monarchy
- Tribal Champion - government = military tribe
- Hetairoi - country culture = macedonian, government = monarchy

They should never appear in Rome and I have never seen them.

Are you on beta patch 2.32?
Can you check and see if they have come from a different nation, either as a diplomat, or absorbed into Rome?

I am flying out for two weeks in a few hours, so I dont have time to test. ;)

I'll check it today when I start a new campaign...I am editing the cultures.txt with real historical names...
As you said it's weird. I looked myself in the titles.txt and it seemed all ok, also I am on the new beta patch... I'll post later if it's an absorbed character, diplomat or a bug... :)

Ok, it's a bug. The titles (very often Hetairoi) is given to some Roman characters. Perhaps this is the problem what causes Epigoni often a CTD (yesterday 4 times)

Edit: perhaps I found the problem. Look for example the title cupbearer. There the code is:

country = { government = monarchy }
OR = {
NOT = { tag = ROM }
AI = yes
}

The companion title code is only:

country = { culture = macedonian }
country = { government = monarchy }

Perhaps the NOT = { tag = ROM } thingy is the clue...

Last edited:
I have noticed a strange but minor bug.

Everytime I try to go back to the main menue, from start/load or from a running campaign, I get a CTD.

It's not occurring in vanilla and never did. I just tested vanilla after it happende in epigony.

A couple things (and yes, I am using the most current version)

1. Paionia just formed the Argead Empire, even though it's just one territory. I'm assuming that's not supposed to happen, and there's an error with the event prerequisites somewhere.

2. I realize that this is a Native thing, but isn't it a little weird for for the culture of your nation to change when completely conquered by barbarians . . .even when the tribal leadership remains mostly of the old culture? Let me cite an example, my recent Sidoni game. The Sidoni are a Bastarnae people, but some nearby barbarians, Dacian in culture, got frisky and conquered me. The culture of the Sidoni became Dacian, no longer Bastarnae. Two years later, the Dacian conqueror dies, and a Bastarnae chief (the next heir before the barbarian invasion) takes the throne. I thus am suffering a culture penalty to taxes while having a proper Bastarnae chief, because my culture is still Dacian. Looking ahead, 4 of the 5 big clans are Bastarnae.

This is kinda weird, and could use some tweaking. Is it possible either to have culture change with the leader in power, or perhaps more preferably have all clan chiefs of the old order removed, replaced by elites of the proper culture? The status quo, keeping culture penalties in mind, suggests that when a civ's culture is different from that of the province it rules, the elite are ethnically seperate from the people. And yet clearly, this is not the case. Just something to think about. I should probably point this out on the vanilla forum as well. ;)

I've discoverd a major bug. Not that only some titles are set wrong...no. The whole title management is corrupt (I only tested Rome). It seems that the 365 days for the minor titles isn't working. In the past I wondered why I cannot give the characters titles more often. Then I tested it with saving. Before saving, I couldn't give any character a titel. After I loaded the game, I could give many characters a title...

It is if you're playing two specific Gallo-Celtic tribes (Catevellauni and the Siluri, I think).

The ruler of Tylis was born in Thracia and their home-country is the Argead Empire. There are also one greek in their court, Ptolomy Nyos, also with the Argead Empire as home-country. I don't know if this is historical.

I've discoverd a major bug. Not that only some titles are set wrong...no. The whole title management is corrupt (I only tested Rome). It seems that the 365 days for the minor titles isn't working. In the past I wondered why I cannot give the characters titles more often. Then I tested it with saving. Before saving, I couldn't give any character a titel. After I loaded the game, I could give many characters a title...
There seems to be a bug with vanilla where you can't give characters titles from the character browser, but from their portrait/family tree page you can. It's weird...

There seems to be a bug with vanilla where you can't give characters titles from the character browser, but from their portrait/family tree page you can. It's weird...

Is this problem a new one in the new vanilla beta? I didn't recognized that in the last version?!?!

Ok thats also the solution why in the Macedonian campaign the personal missions in the character browser aren't updating, but if you mouseover you see the next mission...

It's a vanilla bug but it seems to happen a lot more frequently in this version of this mod. Still nothing that could be done about it I suppose.

Is this problem a new one in the new vanilla beta? I didn't recognized that in the last version?!?!

Ok thats also the solution why in the Macedonian campaign the personal missions in the character browser aren't updating, but if you mouseover you see the next mission...
I definitely remember it in the 2.31c beta patch at the very least, it may have also been in 2.31b. Same with the character objectives.

For me that's a general problem with EU:Rome. I run HoI3:SI with great speeds but with Rome it takes ages to just go one year...

I had noticed that myself, where the base game runs really quickly, but the beta-patched game is comparatively sluggish.

In my last game (as Venellii) I saw Hyrcania declare independence from the Seleucids, but the name of the country was HYR. If a country declared war on Hyrcania it would say, so-and-so declares war on HYR! Also, Hyrcania didn't appear to have it's own flag, so it got a plain white one.

Easy text file fix, it looks like.

Hmmm, looks like I have a bit of work to do. :)

A lot of title problems are arising out of the new patch and/or Cursus Honurum mod. I might have to strip CH out of the mod for now and maybe reintroduce it later.

The Argead Empire stuff should be easy to fix, its a bit of pre 474 history leaking through.

The bad news is that I just about broke my leg on holiday (or maybe I have) and I am going to struggle to get to this for a while. It will give me some time for contemplation.