• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Scenario is very good, (IRL after 1930ties, Relations between Greece and Türkiye was superb, Türkish Factories were produced and sold bombs and armanents to Greek Army), and possible.

Although Türkish navy was weak at that time period, her army and airforce were very good, and both were formidable forces in both regions of ME and Balkans.

SO it is a good scenario, that in order to improve her conditions against Turks, Greece improves her navy, and buys new ships from England, whois her long lasting supporter, who were also against the German effect in Türkish army.. (IRL, Commander of Türkish army, Fevzi Çakmak , went to Germany in 1938, and started a new modernization project in order to transform the army to a more mechanized, and motorized formation, and gaining ability to reacting rapidly in a sudden war. After 1939, in order to maintain needs of the mobilized army of 1 million soldiers, the efforts were postponed to a later time)

Is this something totally ahistorical ?

Not quite so. I would classify it as something quasi-historical. By the way it's not just a scenario on its own. It's being also used for making a full scale 1937 scenario.

My approach is to make the full scale scenarios (1933/37/42) as close to the real history as possible and the limited ones admitting some hypothetical but plausible improvisations

Last edited:
Scenario is very good

Thanks a lot.

IRL after 1930ties, Relations between Greece and Türkiye was superb, Türkish Factories were produced and sold bombs and armanents to Greek Army

Actually they have good relations on the very first day of the scenario (+99), then the situation changes rapidly as a result of a series of unfortunate events.

Although Türkish navy was weak at that time period, her army and airforce were very good, and both were formidable forces in both regions of ME and Balkans.

It's well represented in the scenario too. The Greek navy is stronger than that of Turkey. But the army and air force comparison is different.

IRL, Commander of Türkish army, Fevzi Çakmak , went to Germany in 1938, and started a new modernization project in order to transform the army to a more mechanized, and motorized formation, and gaining ability to reacting rapidly in a sudden war.

Good that you mentioned that. I can make an event related to Fevzi Çakmak's visit to Germany and German-Turkish cooperation

It takes the Italian submariners only a few minutes to sink all those precious
engines successfully. Seven out of the eight torpedoes fired from the two Italian submarines miss the target. But the eighth torpedo hits it with pinpoint accuracy.

It seems the Italian submariners need much more practice if only 1 out 8 torpedoes hits the target "with pinpoint accuracy". :rofl:

Is this a new edition of the Anatolian wars ?

No, it's not. Frankly speaking I am not familiar with the Anatolian wars but in any rate it cannot be any "new edition" of that mod simply because my scenario is based on my own ideas

Good scenario but please revise the event which sparks the war. I doubt patriotic Turkish Air Force pilots (whom Ataturk's own daughter is a member as a fighter pilot experienced in internal conflicts vs. Kurds) would override Ataturk's authority.

Good scenario but please revise the event which sparks the war. I doubt patriotic Turkish Air Force pilots (whom Ataturk's own daughter is a member as a fighter pilot experienced in internal conflicts vs. Kurds) would override Ataturk's authority.

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll think about it

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll think about it
A historic example:

Only 20 Known Saved from Turk Steamer:
Ankara, Turkey, June 26. --(AP)-- Reports received here accounted for only 20 survivors from the 180 known to have been on board the 3,805-ton Turkish steamer Refah, sunk in the eastern Mediterranean apparently by a submarine.

The Refah, carrying Turkish soldiers to England to bring back warships built for the Turkish Navy, sailed from Mersin, southeast Turkey, Sunday.

Details of the sinking have not being received, but it was said all belligerent parties had been notified that the ship was sailing before it departed. German sources here said no German submarines are operating in the area where the sinking occurred. No statement was immediately available from the Italian embassy.

----

Alexandria, Egypt, June 26. --(AP)-- British Navy sources asserted today no British or allied submarines were operating in waters in the vicinity where the Turkish steamer Refah sunk.

This was a great tragedy for Turkey at the time since they have lost so many young lives in a time when Turkey repeated it's neutrality. All belligerent parties have blamed each other for years even after the war but as the Kentucky based paper hinted, it turned out the aggressor was an Italian submarine named Ondina.

adszho1.png

Tried it. Kinda like it. But it works too well for a beta. Are you sure it's still a beta ?

By saying beta I mean the scenario has not been finalized yet