• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Xmas Supply Drop 2023 | Winter Holiday Giveaway

Season Greetings Generals!

Its the most wonderful time of the year - the annual Winter supply drop over on our Instagram account! Do you like the exclusive PDX HOI merch? Think you've got the knowledge and prowess to earn yourself a lucrative prize? The head on over to the hearts_of_iron_pdx Instagram every day from December 18th - 23rd to be in with a chance! Terms and Conditions for the competition as well as a link to the account bellow:

https://pdxint.at/HeartsofInsta

HOI_CalendarGiveaway_2023_16x9.png

Terms and Conditions

1. GENERAL
The HOI Christmas Giveaway Calendar 2023 (“Promotion”) is managed and promoted by Paradox Interactive AB, Magnus Ladulåsgatan 4, 556667-4759 (“Paradox”, “we”, and “us”). These terms and conditions explain who may participate, the time frame, entries, costs and expenses, intellectual property, disqualification, privacy, notification, prize, taxes etc. Please read these terms and conditions carefully prior to participating. By entering this Promotion, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. The Promotion is part of marketing efforts for our services. The Promotion and these terms and conditions will be governed by Swedish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Sweden.

THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ADMINISTERED, ENDORSED, OR ASSOCIATED WITH ANY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM (FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITCH, TWITTER, DISCORD OR OTHER AS MAY BE), AND YOU ARE PROVIDING THE INFORMATION AND ENTRY TO PARADOX SOLELY.

2. Entrants
The Promotion is open for anyone around the world aged 18 or above. Employees (and members of their immediate family) of Paradox, our agents, affiliates, and anyone connected to this Promotion are not eligible to enter.

3. Time Frame
The Promotion starts at 00:00 on 18/12/2023 and ends at 23:59 on 24/12/2023 and the winner of the Promotion will be announced within 30 days of the closing date. Entries or participation after this time will not be considered.

4. Rules to participate
No purchase of any goods or services is necessary to be eligible for entry into this prize draw . To participate in the Promotion the entrant must:

· Only one entry will be accepted per participant. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified;

· To win, simply be the first to submit a correct answer to the daily question posted on the Hearts of Iron Instagram account @hearts_of_iron_pdx. All entrants must be 18 years or older, and be willing to share personal information for delivery of the prizes. One prize can be won per person.

Entries that does not comply with the rules, may be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of Paradox. Paradox is not responsible for entries not received for whatever reason, for example, but not limited to technical, hardware or software malfunctions, misdirected entries, lost or unavailable network connections, incorrect, garbled, failed, delayed electronic or other communications or other technical problems related to entries.

Paradox reserves the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage. Paradox also reserves the right to amend or cancel the Promotion if circumstances arise outside of Paradox’s reasonable control.

Paradox is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this Promotion.

Any participant who attempts or enters the Promotion in a manner, which in Paradox’s determination is contrary to these rules or by its nature is fraudulent or unjust to other entrants including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Promotion, hacking, cheating, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to threaten, annoy, abuse, or harass any other entrants or Paradox and/or any of its agents or representatives, or who submits an illegible or incomplete entry may be rejected from the Promotion at Paradox’s sole discretion.

5. Prize
There will be Seven (7) winner(s) of the Promotion in total, i.e. one every day. Each winner will win varying Hearts of Iron 4 merch. The value of the individual prizes vary from 50-1000 SEK.

The prizes stated above have no alternatives. They are non-transferable and cannot be sold. If due to circumstances beyond reasonable control of Paradox, Paradox is unable to provide the above stated prizes, Paradox reserves the right to award substitute prizes of equal value. All prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of any supplier. Any taxes due on the prize will be paid by the winner. This may or may not mean that the winner(s) will receive a net prize that is lower than the possible gross prize stated above. Paradox’s decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final and is subject to Paradox’s sole discretion. No correspondence relating to the Promotion will be entered into.

6. RESULTS
The winner(s) will be contacted by Instagram. Paradox is entitled to select alternative winner(s) from among the entrants If the winner(s) cannot be traced after reasonable efforts made by Paradox. A list of all winner(s) will be available on Forum for 30 days following the day of the selection of winners. Paradox reserves the right to choose another winner if satisfactory proof of age and/or parental consent is not received (if applicable).

7. Intellectual property
By submitting your to us you hereby grant Paradox a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit all content submitted by you in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity.

8. Privacy
Any entrant’s personal data processed in conjunction with the Promotion is processed for the purpose to execute the Promotion and to adhere to any legal obligations. Processing of personal data for this purpose is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party. If Paradox is not allowed to process the personal data, the entrant will not be able to participate in the Promotion. Paradox will share the personal data only to such suppliers that must have it in order to execute the Promotion, i.e. social media platforms, travel agencies and carriers. These recipients may process the personal data outside of the European Union and Paradox ensures the safety of the personal data by entering into legally binding and enforceable standard data protection clauses or any other appropriate safeguard. The personal data will be processed for up to three months from the end of the Promotion or as long as Paradox is legally obliged to process the data. For more questions about how Paradox processes personal data and to read more about your rights, please read our privacy policy, which can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I respectfully disagree with the decision to only make this available on Instagram. Facebook has consistently failed to abide by its GDPR requirements, so a reputable firm like Paradox would do well to avoid restricting anything to platforms controlled by such a dodgy business. Many better alternatives are available.

• 7Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I will not be participating in your contest as it is tied to Instagram. Thanks, but no thank you!

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Hyped, but I do agree that making this Instagram/Facebook only is a tad restrictive. Maybe at least make it available on the official Discord as well.

Reactions:
LOL at everyone hating on Meta. What have you done with your life?
I think it's moreso people resenting the unspoken assumption that everyone has a Facebook/Instagram profile, and being annoyed that they can't just enter the contest on the forum despite it being announced here.

Reactions:
I think it's moreso people resenting the unspoken assumption that everyone has a Facebook/Instagram profile, and being annoyed that they can't just enter the contest on the forum despite it being announced here.
Instagram for gaming, don't really work, must sucessfull game influencers in really barely show any game on their pics.

I don't meant to be rude(everyone know im grumpy old man), or, god forbid me try teach anyone do their job, but if i was a gaming company trying reach a NEW audience utilizing instagram, i would pay one of these "hot gaming girls" to play hoi4 and talk about it.

1702914087688.png

• 3Haha
Reactions:
Kind neural network generated what would "Hearts of Iron 4 in Instagram" would look like
The kind neural network AI does not appear to be very smart. I like the graphic, but it only shows 2 hearts instead of 4 hearts. The AI would probably draw the same graphic for both HOI2 and HOI4! ;)

• 4Haha
Reactions: